General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Is the car scene dead?

Old 12-11-2006, 01:15 PM
can survive...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is the car scene dead?

Somthing Ive been thinking about. Im always seeing and reading about people getting pulled over for exhaust tickets, street racing, etc.. Is the car scene really pretty much dead? You cant find any car shows anymore. Ronnies is about gone. The last time I went to one, there was only the 3 diehards and Ronnie didnt even show up. You cant hang at any spots without the po-po presence or harassments. You cant have some fun without being afraid of being arrested and jailed with your shit impounded. So, what does that leave? The track? Not practical for some of us.

Whats your thoughts?
Old 12-11-2006, 01:28 PM
ae86 coupe

Im with you it pretty much is dieing off no one wants to do anything anymore,cause the police are more interested in impounding cars and giving tickets and protecting the public from us crazy kids and our suped up cars.I drive the speed limit everyday and follow all the traffic rules i cant rember the last time i drove like an ass its been about 8 months but i still get pulled over weekly for something like exhaust,lowered,BOV,etc...
Old 12-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Mark G

It's defenatly not dieing out. Sonic is full, and i mean FULL of ricers every saturday.

I do agree that a lot of the good shit is about done with though
Old 12-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Pastafarian FOR LIFE!!!!!

90% of Ricers dont have real cars or are all show and no go. People dont go to Sonic's anymore because of the Ricer infestation.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:51 PM
You'll love me.

I don't think it's dead...I think it's just changed. I remember when I moved to FL in 2000, the races were thick as hell. I still go back and read some of my old threads from 2001-2002 on TR (Different screenname obviously)/

...you always saw tons of people out at the races. Now, it's a matter of "spots". There's too much drama out now. It's lost it's fun, IMO.
Old 12-11-2006, 01:53 PM
can survive...

Its proven... Ricers bring trouble. I choose not to be in that trouble. The last time I hung out at Sonics, I was eating and was told to leave. They told everyone to leave weather we were eating or not. Kinda felt like a HS kid being chsed around all night.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:11 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

you see more domestic groups hanging together. I think the ricer fad is dieing now.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:41 PM
Keep it REAL

Originally Posted by Uncle Pat
you see more domestic groups hanging together. I think the ricer fad is dieing now.
Domestic groups followed by me... in my Honda

mmmmmm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!11

I will respond later, I just had to throw that in since I'm usually one of the few Hondas that know a lot of the domestic guys and cruises with them whenever they head out to the 'track'.

I don't race, my car is slow, I know my car is slow, but I get 35 MPG so I'm happy for now, once I finish school and start making money I will build up a street/track fox. But I will do a real response later.

Mazda 2 Forums

R.I.P. Pablo 'Fathead' Garcia - Love you man! See you on the other side!
R.I.P. Kevin 'Slo_Si' Gonzalez - You will be missed!