Tampa Racing

Tampa Racing (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/)
-   General Car Chat (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/)
-   -   Is the car scene dead? (https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/general-car-chat/355135-car-scene-dead.html)

Country Boy 12-11-2006 01:15 PM

Is the car scene dead?

Somthing Ive been thinking about. Im always seeing and reading about people getting pulled over for exhaust tickets, street racing, etc.. Is the car scene really pretty much dead? You cant find any car shows anymore. Ronnies is about gone. The last time I went to one, there was only the 3 diehards and Ronnie didnt even show up. You cant hang at any spots without the po-po presence or harassments. You cant have some fun without being afraid of being arrested and jailed with your shit impounded. So, what does that leave? The track? Not practical for some of us.

Whats your thoughts?

Addicted2Boost 12-11-2006 01:28 PM

Im with you it pretty much is dieing off no one wants to do anything anymore,cause the police are more interested in impounding cars and giving tickets and protecting the public from us crazy kids and our suped up cars.I drive the speed limit everyday and follow all the traffic rules i cant rember the last time i drove like an ass its been about 8 months but i still get pulled over weekly for something like exhaust,lowered,BOV,etc...

markzeronine 12-11-2006 01:41 PM

It's defenatly not dieing out. Sonic is full, and i mean FULL of ricers every saturday.

I do agree that a lot of the good shit is about done with though

2kSnakeater 12-11-2006 01:48 PM

90% of Ricers dont have real cars or are all show and no go. People dont go to Sonic's anymore because of the Ricer infestation.

Joann 12-11-2006 01:51 PM

I don't think it's dead...I think it's just changed. I remember when I moved to FL in 2000, the races were thick as hell. I still go back and read some of my old threads from 2001-2002 on TR (Different screenname obviously)/

...you always saw tons of people out at the races. Now, it's a matter of "spots". There's too much drama out now. It's lost it's fun, IMO.

Country Boy 12-11-2006 01:53 PM

Its proven... Ricers bring trouble. I choose not to be in that trouble. The last time I hung out at Sonics, I was eating and was told to leave. They told everyone to leave weather we were eating or not. Kinda felt like a HS kid being chsed around all night.

willie666 12-11-2006 02:08 PM

Its not dead but its changed, the fast fast cars run in their own little pack and it seems alot of the races are set-up in advance. Then you have your 11-12 second cars that try to hang around in the same pack and then of course their are just ricers everywhere. Which is why I ask...is it worth it? Bringing out a 15 second car and racing it...:nono: I was at a spot where there were at least 50 cars and only 2 ls1's :( sad sad day I tell you.

ODB 12-11-2006 02:11 PM

you see more domestic groups hanging together. I think the ricer fad is dieing now.

John 12-11-2006 02:12 PM

it's changed for sure. I was done with street racing many many moons ago, and drag racing not long after. Now my interests lie more in making my car fun to drive and fun to be in, and still good enough to take to the occasional open track day. Most of my friends that were into cars have followed similar paths. I'm very happy with where I fit into today's car "scene"

Steez 12-11-2006 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Pat (Post 3711450)
you see more domestic groups hanging together. I think the ricer fad is dieing now.

Domestic groups followed by me... in my Honda :lol:

mmmmmm BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!11

I will respond later, I just had to throw that in since I'm usually one of the few Hondas that know a lot of the domestic guys and cruises with them whenever they head out to the 'track'.

I don't race, my car is slow, I know my car is slow, but I get 35 MPG so I'm happy for now, once I finish school and start making money I will build up a street/track fox. But I will do a real response later.