The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Pitt bull thread from off topic

Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
banana republic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also....Check out this site from TBO and read THEIR take on it: Dog that killed week-old boy has been euthanized

Jim Crosby, division manager for Bay County Animal Control in the Panama City area, has studied fatal dog attacks throughout the country and in Canada. He said that fatal dog attacks are rare.
"It's incredibly uncommon," he said today. "You have about a 10-time higher likelihood of dying from slipping in your bathtub."
Better get on to banning bath tubs...Fuckin dangerous things there!

"The most common denominator with fatal attacks is lack of supervision with children and dogs," Crosby said.
And it's not necessarily any one breed that is the culprit of most attacks. In fact, he said, he's seen everything from pit bulls to dachshunds to Pomeranians kill humans.
Fucking pomeranians! Ban them all!

That dog looks like it's fought BEFORE this day with SOMETHING...There are OLD wounds on it too. Maybe the NEIGHBORS dog attacked the baby and this dog attacked the neighbors dog to protect it?

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?
Old 04-15-2010, 07:55 PM
Got traction?

Lets do a test. Well start tomorrow 4/16/10. 6 months from now we'll see how many dog attacks/bites there are in that time period. What do you think the most common bread would be? Be honest.

Every attack can not be the owners fault regardless of any dog. If that Pit were a say a lab or great dane do you honestly think it would have attacked?

Just sayin thats all.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick up on this.

#1 it is a "pit MIX". i.e. NOT A "PIT" And even if it HAS pit in it, which I doubt, it is mixed with WHAT?
#2 The mother was laying in the bed NEXT to the child....WTF happened that she couldn't hear the child's screams or feel the thrashing about?
#3 The dog left the mother alone?
#4 Denise Hilton, manager of Pasco County Animal Services, said there had not been a fatal dog attack in Pasco County in at least 35 years — until Dec. 12 in the same neighborhood. Twenty-month-old Dallas Lee Walters was killed by a relative's Rottweiler-Labrador mix
#5 Hilton said in both cases, the dogs were not neutered.

A "pit mix" means it is most likely NOT a pit at all. Animal control tried to say that out Patterdale Terrier was a "pit mix". They're not even close.

This 16 y/o mother sounds like a real prize winner. Have her euthanized because she was so baked that she couldn't even feel her baby being mauled to death, by a 45 lb dog, beside her in bed.
While I agree with you, HATERS DO NOT CARE ABOUT FACTS.

In the link that was posted it said the dog was agressive towards other animals.
So this dumb bitch brings the dog in the house with a new born baby.
Off with her head for being stupid.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by bitemark46
Lets do a test. Well start tomorrow 4/16/10. 6 months from now we'll see how many dog attacks/bites there are in that time period. What do you think the most common bread would be? Be honest.

Every attack can not be the owners fault regardless of any dog. If that Pit were a say a lab or great dane do you honestly think it would have attacked?

Just sayin thats all.
This is a good idea just make sure it is done fairly. 100% pit bull, not some mixed breed taken from animal shelter that has been abused and turned into a house dog.

If you are beaten and fight for a living it's hard to start a new life. dog or human

My brother has a mixed breed lab that tried to attack my dog today, my dog walks away.
SCORE starting today
so mixed breed lab 1
pit 0
Old 04-16-2010, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Graves
always blame something besides the bread . . . .. .
lets kill them all so you can jump on another bandwagon.
I bet you have never owned a pit bull.

Fuck let's kill all the sharks because the bite swimmers time to time.

Let's kill all the Dear in the woods because they run in front of cars
I can go on and on.
both of these result in bodily harm.

GRAVES FOR PRESIDENT
Old 04-16-2010, 09:21 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by slowmoving1
lets kill them all so you can jump on another bandwagon.
I bet you have never owned a pit bull.

Fuck let's kill all the sharks because the bite swimmers time to time.

Let's kill all the Dear in the woods because they run in front of cars
I can go on and on.
both of these result in bodily harm.

GRAVES FOR PRESIDENT
I try to kill all the deer every year.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:45 AM
banana republic

^

"The child attacked by a pitbull-type dog has died," said Kevin Doll, a spokesman for the Pasco County Sheriff's Office. "The boy was seven days old."
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article...ls-newborn-boy So, now it's devolved into a "pitbull TYPE dog". They aren't even sure if it's a pit or not....

Last edited by 95coBraSVT; 04-16-2010 at 09:47 AM.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:46 AM
banana republic

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
#4 Denise Hilton, manager of Pasco County Animal Services, said there had not been a fatal dog attack in Pasco County in at least 35 years — until Dec. 12 in the same neighborhood. Twenty-month-old Dallas Lee Walters was killed by a relative's Rottweiler-Labrador mix
Rott-LAB mix

Old 04-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Still CREEPIN

Ouch, bet that makes a few people in here wanna punch babies. Rottweilers are an awesome gaurd dog. Not sooo much for an indoor dog though. Just my .2

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM

Again, I don't own a pit, never owned one, will never own one, but I am not for banning something (dogs, guns, modified street cars, crotch rockets, etc) just because people can not handle their freedoms. With freedom comes risk. With any of the mentioned freedoms, there are inherent risks to those exercising their freedoms and those surrounding them.

Again, I would rather live in a world (country?) that has more than it's share of risks, but allows me the freedoms that allow the pursuit of happiness which is determined by MY individual freedoms.

Some people just don't get it. You don't like pitbulls. So you think they should be banned. A lot of people don't like modifications to cars, or even sanctioned racing events, so maybe they should ban those. Whenever you are participating in an event or activity that the MAJORITY does not participate in you can quickly become a victim of knee jerk legislation.