The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Pitt bull thread from off topic

Old 03-19-2010, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitt bull thread from off topic

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/p...enver-ban.html

I really couldn't give a shit less about pit bulls but seeing a bunch of them killed for no real reason sucks. The pictures arent really graphic just a bunch of dead dogs. If you a pitt lover i'd avoid clicking because one might look just like yours.

My Project
Old 03-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Called the amba lamps

No real reason?

I thought there was a reason... didn't Denver ban the breed? If so, then there is a reason.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:16 PM
Called the amba lamps

YouTube - Dog Attacks Police Car!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Called the amba lamps

Originally Posted by plazma

I really couldn't give a shit less about pit bulls but seeing a bunch of them killed for no real reason sucks.
Grow up.

Here are your "real reasons".

Historical Pit Bull Attack Victims of Denver and Aurora That Prompted Pit Bull Legislation

If it were your kid/mom/brother/sister/father... you'd be singing a different song.

How many babies and people have to be mauled and killed before the reason is "real" to you?

You are ignorant.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:47 PM
Team Geritol Racing

Well, it may be sad, but when you go a few bare fisted rounds with two pits trying to save your Westie from them...in your own yard, it gives you a different perspective. My dog never did really recover from the attack. She finally died about a year later. I've got the scars and medical bills and a healthy dislike for the green meat owner who never even came 2 houses down to see how my dog and I were doing and refused to cover the bills. There are 2 pits that I would love to personally add to that pile.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:54 PM
Called the amba lamps

Be careful Dr.Dirt, TR is full of the thug mentality Pit owners.

You'll get the same old story, puked over and over:

"It's not the breed, it's the owner".
Old 03-19-2010, 07:08 PM
Team Geritol Racing

I know. But as I said, in this case at least, the owner was a green meat. However, I was not rolling around in my front yard doing hand to tooth combat with her. I'm pretty sure I could have whooped her. I was doing it with her two puppies.That was a little tougher.

This thread comes up every so often on TR and all th pit lovers come out of the woodwork saying how sweet the dogs are and how it's the evil owners that make them bad. Still, none of them have gone gladiator with a couple of the dog like I have. I think I am better qualified to judge the sweetness level.

Last edited by DrDirt; 03-19-2010 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:13 PM
banana republic

The truth is that accross the US as a WHOLE, over the course of 35 years, Pit bulls have been either responsible for or BLAMED for 2.48 deaths per YEAR on average. Also, pits have a better temperment than lots of other breeds of dogs. If you ban ANY breed of dog, then you are postponing the problem because the same thugs that train these dogs to fight, will simply find another breed to fight. Make tougher legislation against the idiot owners, and you may find that things begin to get a bit better.

EDIT - I own a Pit MIX, along with 3 other dogs. One is a German Shepherd, one is an australian Dingo, and the other is a Patterdale Terrier. The patterdale LOOKS like a small pit. And would probably be classified as a pit if it were to be loose.

Another FACT, MOST people don't know what a real American Pit bull terrier even looks like. More FACT - Even the head of Hillsborough Animal Control says his officers can't tell the difference in a pit from another breed which is similar.

Originally Posted by rotarykidd
maybe i just like rainbows and puke, who says it has to be a gay thing?

Last edited by 95coBraSVT; 03-19-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:16 PM
Called the amba lamps

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT
Also, pits have a better temperment than lots of other breeds of dogs.
You sir, are delusional to the 19th degree.

I'd call you a stupid fucker, but you obviously don't have the brain cells to properly digest and understand that.

Idiot will suffice.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Called the amba lamps

Originally Posted by 95coBraSVT

EDIT - I own a Pit MIX, along with 3 other dogs. One is a German Shepherd, one is an australian Dingo, and the other is a Patterdale Terrier. The patterdale LOOKS like a small pit. And would probably be classified as a pit if it were to be loose.

Another FACT, MOST people don't know what a real American Pit bull terrier even looks like. More FACT - Even the head of Hillsborough Animal Control says his officers can't tell the difference in a pit from another breed which is similar.
Oh... edited to add info:

Good, we see where you are coming from... you own a pit mix. Exactly the kind of person who defends these monsters. You have no credibility. You are white trash. Plain and simple.

Your second point is 100% not applicable. Who cares if the general public cannot identify pit bulls when compared to other big breeds? This is a shell game. When there is a Pit mauling or death, the vets 100% identify the breed involved in the action... that is how they do the stats.