Ride Of The Month Tampa Racing's Official Ride of the Month section

Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###

Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I at one time attempted to get it going again here are some suggestions:

Limit ROTM forum's access to members that have a) reached a certain post count and b) been a member for X amount of days. Easyily done if I remember correctly. This limits who can vote and such. As you are aware of previous issues where cars would suddenly get 30+ votes because they were behind.

As I listed before narrow the "theme" idea. Hottest hatch, grocery getter, a car related theme. It's been a complaint that it's almost Honda/Acura ROTM every month and that is why previously it was attempted to give each sub section to display to all of TR their top car.

Nominations, first 15 cars nominated which fit that months criteria(yeah more so the voting may/may not be closer) or cut off at a certain date with whom had been submitted.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
This is a really good suggestion. Thanks for the input.
Sorry you feel that way.

You still have the same criteria and free for all of entries, just your nomination has to fit the picture criteria or what ever and if it's close the "panels" vote could change the winner from the popular vote.

The only change from the original ROTM is you require something be in the nomination picture, which brings me back to your comment earlier....

The point of the theme is for you to go out and get a picture (not use an old one)..... how many of this months were "new"?

I'm not bitching, it's called constructive criticism of a flawed system. You just want it your way and can't listen to members who've been here for some time (3rdshift bitches lol) who have ideas and suggestion you care not to hear.

Go back to the main ROTM forum and look at past winners........ see a trend?

My idea is to include every group of TR. There's reason some members and groups care not to be a part of it because with the way it was set up and the way it is now being done, voting will always be fan boi controlled.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:08 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by Graves
Since I at one time attempted to get it going again here are some suggestions:

Limit ROTM forum's access to members that have a) reached a certain post count and b) been a member for X amount of days. Easyily done if I remember correctly. This limits who can vote and such. As you are aware of previous issues where cars would suddenly get 30+ votes because they were behind.

As I listed before narrow the "theme" idea. Hottest hatch, grocery getter, a car related theme. It's been a complaint that it's almost Honda/Acura ROTM every month and that is why previously it was attempted to give each sub section to display to all of TR their top car.

Nominations, first 15 cars nominated which fit that months criteria(yeah more so the voting may/may not be closer) or cut off at a certain date with whom had been submitted.
Heres an idea. Those same people that are complaining how about they nominate a user. If im not mistaken there was not a single domestic nominated last month. Whatever the reason is, dont waste my time explaining, just put it behind you and get those rides nominated. If this becomes an issue then we will adress it.. but this is the second month of this ROTM until a problem presents itself we wont try to fix a problem that 'has happened before' Again, get those cars nominated, get those users involved and we will seee what happens.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Sorry you feel that way.

You still have the same criteria and free for all of entries, just your nomination has to fit the picture criteria or what ever and if it's close the "panels" vote could change the winner from the popular vote.

The only change from the original ROTM is you require something be in the nomination picture, which brings me back to your comment earlier....

The point of the theme is for you to go out and get a picture (not use an old one)..... how many of this months were "new"?

I'm not bitching, it's called constructive criticism of a flawed system. You just want it your way and can't listen to members who've been here for some time (3rdshift bitches lol) who have ideas and suggestion you care not to hear.

Go back to the main ROTM forum and look at past winners........ see a trend?

My idea is to include every group of TR. There's reason some members and groups care not to be a part of it because with the way it was set up and the way it is now being done, voting will always be fan boi controlled.
Again. It was the FIRST theme. And Sinister (our winner) Sean, Little Man, and a few others went out and took some pictures specifically for this. Thats what we are looking for. Where they all pictures for the competition? No. But thats 20% vote you loose right there. If thats something you can live with then so be it.. but dont blame the users not wanting to participate on a flawed system or fan boy voting.

you say its the same shit that its always honda/acura but our first month back, on a half month, we got 11? nominations, 7 entries, and the top THREE cars were 2 nissans and the winner a mistu.

EDIT: Its been proven that this system will not be "fan boy controlled" but if those users choose to 'not to be a part of it' then they can keep their bitching to themselves. Again, get some rides nominated.. THEN bitch about them getting the short end of the stick. Until then, there is no discussions based on how it USED to be.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:13 AM
Banned

I'm done, like Projekt I see no difference in the way it was before and that no real changes have been made. Enjoy Honda/Nissan ROTM.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

I'm done, like Projekt I see no difference in the way it was before and that no real changes have been made. Enjoy Honda/Nissan ROTM.
But a Mistu won
Old 12-01-2011, 07:21 AM
Banned

But a Mistu won
You get the point.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

You get the point.
I dont. And thats what youre missing. I understand the issues with the old system. But this IS a new one. I understand you might not see that, but its only been a few weeks. And we are working on getting all the kinks out.. just give it time. You say Domestics are ignored? Soo nominate them.. get the sub forums involved. At least give the shit a chance to fail before you call it a failure.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:42 AM
Banned

I dont. And thats what youre missing. I understand the issues with the old system. But this IS a new one. I understand you might not see that, but its only been a few weeks. And we are working on getting all the kinks out.. just give it time. You say Domestics are ignored? Soo nominate them.. get the sub forums involved. At least give the shit a chance to fail before you call it a failure.
Again it was done before. It didn't work because we have a large section of import fans. So no matter how you weigh it with the other 20% of votes a non import won't ever make it. So if a car gets 50% of the member vote you're telling me it's not going to win?

You don't want to make it individual make/model/etc themes, but look at the forum..... it's pretty much what we are.

We could nominate a 1100hp mustang with hundreds of hours in work into it, but it would be out voted by the general public(yeah it's happened before).

I would redirect you to previous forum post on the matter but they are all gone. When I posted up the ideas for themes way back when the concept of rwd/awd/fwd/truck/bike/honda/nissan/etc differnt each month was very welcomed.

yes have a theme for the month, but focus on a certain make, drivetrain, or a specific car culture to give it structure.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:48 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Again it was done before. It didn't work because we have a large section of import fans. So no matter how you weigh it with the other 20% of votes a non import won't ever make it. So if a car gets 50% of the member vote you're telling me it's not going to win?

You don't want to make it individual make/model/etc themes, but look at the forum..... it's pretty much what we are.

We could nominate a 1100hp mustang with hundreds of hours in work into it, but it would be out voted by the general public(yeah it's happened before).

I would redirect you to previous forum post on the matter but they are all gone. When I posted up the ideas for themes way back when the concept of rwd/awd/fwd/truck/bike/honda/nissan/etc differnt each month was very welcomed.

yes have a theme for the month, but focus on a certain make, drivetrain, or a specific car culture to give it structure.
You still believe that MOST people on here are fan boys that only vote for their specific car. Last month proved that isnt the case. But i get it. Youre paranoid about how its happened in the past. We want everyone to be involved every month. So we arent going to do specific categories. Until that proves to be an issue THIS TIME then we wont adress it. But I challenge you. Find that 1100 HP mustang, nominate them, get them to have a great 'tis the season' picture and get the domestic guys to vote, get those 'neglected' users involved. I guarantee the results will surprise you. You think its an import only competition, and you disagree with that. I disagree with that also, but the way i see it, if only domestics are nominated by the users.. then its not the structure of the competition. Its the nominators. Every one has an equal chance to win this thing, nominate some people, and give it a chance to prove it to you.

Quick Reply: Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###