Ride Of The Month Tampa Racing's Official Ride of the Month section

Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###

Old 11-30-2011, 04:51 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Graves
I applaud the hard work to bring ROTM back.

First theme idea I feel is lacking substance and hope they improve. If it continues to be this type of theme idea here are some suggestions I have:

Car in motion
Parking hard
@ the track

I always thought basic themes would work better. That way you could cater to each fan boi group and throw in a few others. Like simple things:

AWD
FWD
RWD
Classics
Honda
Nissan
Ford
Mitsubishi
Chevy
Bikes
Boosted
Track car
Ride of the year where all 11 previous winners go up against each otehr

You can't make everyone happy each month, but you can narrow the playign field greatly.
Those are all great. But I think what we are trying to stay away from is those categories. Every theme, every month can cater to any and every car make & model, as well as the scale of the build. Instead of having a separate competition for each of those cateogries we will have open nominations and hopefully get 10 different nominees and have very well rounded competition and make ROTM an accolade once again.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
Those are all great. But I think what we are trying to stay away from is those categories. Every theme, every month can cater to any and every car make & model, as well as the scale of the build. Instead of having a separate competition for each of those cateogries we will have open nominations and hopefully get 10 different nominees and have very well rounded competition and make ROTM an accolade once again.
But even as it sits now you will still get unfair votes as people will vote for their friends or their car of choice. The current idea would work if this was like f150.com or some other website catering to solely one vehicle. I don't think you guys are taking in what some are saying about the current theme idea. It leaves it wide open so all can be apart of it but lays an unfair advantage to the handful of cars here that would get voted on solely because of the build or owner if nominated.

Take for instance this month, 2 of the 7 cars only really got voted on. I'm guilty of it, I looked at the nominations and picked one because i liked the car vs. the theme idea. Not saying it was favoritism but think back to the months where it was a lambo or kirks car vs everyone else. No matter what certain cars are going to take it, by narrowing it down to a certain specific vehicle theme you make it a bit more of a fair playing field.

Hope you see where I am coming from.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:35 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

But even as it sits now you will still get unfair votes as people will vote for their friends or their car of choice. The current idea would work if this was like f150.com or some other website catering to solely one vehicle. I don't think you guys are taking in what some are saying about the current theme idea. It leaves it wide open so all can be apart of it but lays an unfair advantage to the handful of cars here that would get voted on solely because of the build or owner if nominated.

Take for instance this month, 2 of the 7 cars only really got voted on. I'm guilty of it, I looked at the nominations and picked one because i liked the car vs. the theme idea. Not saying it was favoritism but think back to the months where it was a lambo or kirks car vs everyone else. No matter what certain cars are going to take it, by narrowing it down to a certain specific vehicle theme you make it a bit more of a fair playing field.

Hope you see where I am coming from.
I see where you are coming from. Try to understand what im saying.

You still believe that MOST people vote for a specific user or a specific brand only. But the reality is that when there are 10 nominees MOST people on this board make an educated vote. Yes, there are people that will only vote for a friend, or only vote for a specific car. But we cant cater to those people individually all 11 months of the year and have 10 votes each month. When you narrow it down to just a category only people that care about that category vote. And thats what we dont want.

Using this month as an example. The winner only got 30 percent of the votes. There was 7 nominees. Thats what we want. Where previously we would get 3 1/2 nominations & Kirk would get 98% of the votes. Obvious exagerations.. but you see my point.

Would Sean's 240 ever gotten any votes without the theme? No. Even the nissan guys wouldnt have voted for it. And thats what we want. Everyone this month had a fair shot. The stock 240, The stock RSX, as well as the fully built purpose car... and the 4 door daily driver. Everyone has a chance, every month. And if you take care of your car & make an effort with the theme you will get the votes. Even if you arent th emost popular guy in the forum or have sponsors backing your built.

EDIT: You cant make everyone happy, and people can vote however they see fit. But we feel, that this way opens up the competition to everyone. Stock & built, budget & sponsored builders, and involves the nominees guaranteeing that the winner is aware and involved with the competition not some insane build from California that never participates in the forum.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:53 AM
Banned

I see where you are coming from. Try to understand what im saying.

You still believe that MOST people vote for a specific user or a specific brand only. But the reality is that when there are 10 nominees MOST people on this board make an educated vote. Yes, there are people that will only vote for a friend, or only vote for a specific car. But we cant cater to those people individually all 11 months of the year and have 10 votes each month. When you narrow it down to just a category only people that care about that category vote. And thats what we dont want.
So on a wide open nomination you only got 7, well 8 if you count the disqualified one. How's that any different than what you would get from my suggestion?

Using this month as an example. The winner only got 30 percent of the votes. There was 7 nominees. Thats what we want.
So you're saying you want 1 or 2 in the month to run away with it? First month of doing it again but 91 votes total isn't a big sign of support.

Would Sean's 240 ever gotten any votes without the theme? No. Even the nissan guys wouldnt have voted for it. And thats what we want. Everyone this month had a fair shot. The stock 240, The stock RSX, as well as the fully built purpose car... and the 4 door daily driver. Everyone has a chance, every month. And if you take care of your car & make an effort with the theme you will get the votes. Even if you arent th emost popular guy in the forum or have sponsors backing your built.
The idea is like communism, on paper it's great. In reality and execution it isn't. I'll just shut up and see how long it lasts this time around.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

So on a wide open nomination you only got 7, well 8 if you count the disqualified one. How's that any different than what you would get from my suggestion?
-Because if we did say FWD we would get 100 nominations.. and all those people would vote for their boys, and their cousins and what not. And everyone else woud say this is gay its only fan boys blablabla.

-If we did only RWD then only THOSE people would vote.. as opposed to all the TR users..

-And when you get into the even smaller categories.. AWD, Trucks, Classics... you would be lucky to get more than 3 nominations and even luckier to get anyone not involved in those categories to care enough to vote.

It was a smaller scale vote.. and few nominees but its a start. And we hope that this way. imcluding everyone, it only continues to grow.

So you're saying you want 1 or 2 in the month to run away with it? First month of doing it again but 91 votes total isn't a big sign of support.
Exactly, 91 isnt a lot. And remember that 10% of the vote is from the admins another 10% is from the commitee. That means we are getting everyone involved not just the usual users. Admins and all. Thats almost 20 votes. So if youve got 2 or 3 users with around 15-25 votes and a few with under 15 its still a pretty close voting.

Again, we expect this to only generate more interest in ROTM. Sooo more voting, should make for even better nominations thus more competition.

The idea is like communism, on paper it's great. In reality and execution it isn't. I'll just shut up and see how long it lasts this time around.
This we agree on. Its isnt perfect, but we are dedicated to making it work. Or at least giving it a shot. Im sure you know that if this was the good ole ROTM either the white hatch or the black RSX (no disrespect) would have ran away with it. Instead we had a good race between two amazing cars that came down to who embraced a theme more. Because one's a fully built purpose car, and the other a grocery getter, it was the only fair way to really set those cars apart.

It isnt flawless, but its our best option and we are still working on it. I dont think anyone goes away from this competition feeling like they lost to fan boys, or like they got robbed, and we can all agree based on the rules of the competition. ( Build, Exterior, Interior, THEME) Either one of the top two cars deserved the win.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 AM
That Fat Guy

I like Graves' idea of a ROTY things with all 11 of the previous winners, an end of the year vote would be a the best of the best
Old 11-30-2011, 06:22 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by bettaberettaboy
I like Graves' idea of a ROTY things with all 11 of the previous winners, an end of the year vote would be a the best of the best
Me too.. and who said that isnt in the works

My idea is a little different though.

See if you have those 11 categories who would win? Of course the FWD because it would most likely be a honda, and the fan boys would be all over it. My way whoever has managed to pull out wins during the year is in there.. regardless of what category they are in. And all the winners ( who still own their car) would have a theme that month to submit.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:50 PM
No

People didn't vote by the theme, they voted by which car they liked. I know my point still hasn't been understood, but it's whatever at this point. I just know that I'm not going to be participating in any future ROTM until you guys realize what some of us are saying about the Theme idea you currently have implemented. This isn't picture of the month.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:55 PM
Rey
Banned

Originally Posted by Projekt
People didn't vote by the theme, they voted by which car they liked. I know my point still hasn't been understood, but it's whatever at this point. I just know that I'm not going to be participating in any future ROTM until you guys realize what some of us are saying about the Theme idea you currently have implemented. This isn't picture of the month.
Dude, talk about childish.... Seriously ?? "I just know that I'm not going to be participating in any future ROTM until you guys realize what some of us are saying about the Theme idea you currently have implemented" ??

Just because we read and see your idea but decide not to go by it and THIS is how you act? It's very childish. But hey, at this point, less input and posts from you about this could only be a good thing..

If this is your standpoint, please don't post in here anymore........

.Troll elsewhere....
Old 11-30-2011, 07:00 PM
No

Originally Posted by REY
Dude, talk about childish.... Seriously ?? "I just know that I'm not going to be participating in any future ROTM until you guys realize what some of us are saying about the Theme idea you currently have implemented" ??

Just because we read and see your idea but decide not to go by it and THIS is how you act? It's very childish. But hey, at this point, less input and posts from you about this could only be a good thing...Troll elsewhere....
I assumed any posts I make are considered trolling by you anyway.

It's not childish. It's 2 of you at this point that refuse to listen to anyone else's view of your current setup. The winner is determined by the picture that showcases the theme the best. If that's not the case, then what is the deal? Sometimes you say the build doesn't matter, and then sometimes you say it's based on the theme. As of right now, it's a picture of the month award.

**EDIT:
Also no need to PM me... I know blah blah blah I'm breaking the rules by speaking my mind on here and not just keeping my mouth shut.

Quick Reply: Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###