Ride Of The Month Tampa Racing's Official Ride of the Month section

Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###

Old 11-30-2011, 07:03 PM
Rey
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Projekt
I assumed any posts I make are considered trolling by you anyway.

It's not childish. It's 2 of you at this point that refuse to listen to anyone else's view of your current setup. The winner is determined by the picture that showcases the theme the best. If that's not the case, then what is the deal? Sometimes you say the build doesn't matter, and then sometimes you say it's based on the theme. As of right now, it's a picture of the month award.
As stated, WE HEARD YOU.....! We also thoroughly explained over and over our standpoint. But, you dont like it, so you keep chiming in with your "I know my point still hasn't been understood, but it's whatever at this point" "woe is me" posts.... Just drop it. If you dont like it, move on and yes, troll elsewhere.... Again, WE GET IT, just choose not to do it.....PERIOD.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:47 PM
Rey
Banned

Anyways, Thanks for the ones who give positive input. This is a work in progress and we want it to be different than the usual ROTM you see everywhere. So to clarify, It is TR's Ride of the Month which will have a different theme to add variety, equality, and just some flavor to what usually becomes dull and then people give up. For those of you who find it hard to understand the concept, it's really simple:
A theme will be selected where the submission of the nominated ones must include or be "in the essence" of the theme.
Once we narrow down the ones that qualify, then the voting will open up. The voting is to be based on the submitted image.
ONCE the winner is selected, then the winning vehicle will be showcased in all it's glory within it's own thread.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:29 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by Projekt
I assumed any posts I make are considered trolling by you anyway.

It's not childish. It's 2 of you at this point that refuse to listen to anyone else's view of your current setup. The winner is determined by the picture that showcases the theme the best. If that's not the case, then what is the deal? Sometimes you say the build doesn't matter, and then sometimes you say it's based on the theme. As of right now, it's a picture of the month award.

**EDIT:
Also no need to PM me... I know blah blah blah I'm breaking the rules by speaking my mind on here and not just keeping my mouth shut.
Ive tried to explain our views.. but at this point I have to believe that you are either trolling or a complete moron. You keep sayings its picture of the month because there is a theme. There is more to vote than JUST the theme.

Let me say this again. THERE IS MORE TO THE VOTE THAN JUST THE THEME.

Whatever YOU feel is most important. +1 for you.

Along with everyone else. You vote however you want.. the theme is to give the nominees something fun to do to add to their rides rep, it gives the voters something more fun to look aat other than the same played out angles of cars and it improves participation.

You dont care about the theme? FINE. You want to vote for the purple car every month? FINE. You and everyone else can vote however you please. There is no scale of voting, the theme doesnt outweigh any other aspect of a car, but it does count. Because it adds to the competition. You CONTINUE to act like the theme takes something away but it doesnt. All those other categories are still there. They still count just as much. And if all you care about is the build, then vote for the dam build. Dont care for the theme? Then ignore it.

But we arent going to have TR's best FWD, TR's best classic, TR's best track. It will be TR RIDE OF THE MONTH. EVERY MONTH. Open to all users, to nominate, vote and participate. The theme evens the playing field it gives another category for people to look at. AGAIN. If its not important to YOU then IGNORE IT. VOTE HOWEVER YOU WANT. But the theme isnt taking anything away from anyone, simply adding another category to judge by and putting a little more fun into the competition. How is that a bad thing?

EDIT: And please stop with the butthurt little kid act. Like someone is getting the short end of the stick. Any and all participants of last months ROTM can attest that it was a fun competition and the car that won was the one WITH THE MOST VOTES. YES THE MOST VOTES. NOT THE BEST PICTURE. If this was theme of the month then SEAN would have clearly taken the win. But again, that just another category we choose to implement INTO the voting. If you or anyone else feels like its dumb, or you dont care about it,, then IGNORE IT. If to you it isnt important and you want to vote for the best build then GO FOR IT.

Were all grown men here. And this is exactly what this thread is for. Stop the bitching and moaning and try to understand there is 2 sides to every argument.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:04 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by *JamReX*
Let me say this again. THERE IS MORE TO THE VOTE THAN JUST THE THEME.
And that's where the problem lays. So you're telling me that it is fair for all the domestic owners to be able to try for it, when it's clearly been pointed(by those trying to get it going again) out no matter what imports are going to get more of a vote due to the user base.

In my eyes you're just having an open ROTM like we had before, just making a theme to the submission photo. ROTM didn't work before, so why would changing the submission basis and the voting make a difference? You're still going to get 80% imports and if someone wanted to submit something else to be part of it they'd get shunned out of it because they are not jdm stanced and swapped.

I could of had someone nominate my car for this month, as I had many pictures that fit the criteria for the "theme". Nothing like rallying through the mountains. Not tell me this, would i get the votes even though my pictures more than expressed that months theme. No. Why because I drive a Focus and it's a Ford.

On the previous resurrection of ROTM everyone liked the idea of giving each group a chance to have a car of for ROTM. The user base here is more than Honda, Nissan, and everyone else. There are some amazing trucks on this site that could never compete with the import crowd. There's some really nice restored classics that could never compete with the imports.

You guys want everyone on the site to join in and be apart of ROTM right? Then make it a fair fight.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:50 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Originally Posted by Graves
And that's where the problem lays. So you're telling me that it is fair for all the domestic owners to be able to try for it, when it's clearly been pointed(by those trying to get it going again) out no matter what imports are going to get more of a vote due to the user base.

In my eyes you're just having an open ROTM like we had before, just making a theme to the submission photo. ROTM didn't work before, so why would changing the submission basis and the voting make a difference? You're still going to get 80% imports and if someone wanted to submit something else to be part of it they'd get shunned out of it because they are not jdm stanced and swapped.

I could of had someone nominate my car for this month, as I had many pictures that fit the criteria for the "theme". Nothing like rallying through the mountains. Not tell me this, would i get the votes even though my pictures more than expressed that months theme. No. Why because I drive a Focus and it's a Ford.

On the previous resurrection of ROTM everyone liked the idea of giving each group a chance to have a car of for ROTM. The user base here is more than Honda, Nissan, and everyone else. There are some amazing trucks on this site that could never compete with the import crowd. There's some really nice restored classics that could never compete with the imports.

You guys want everyone on the site to join in and be apart of ROTM right? Then make it a fair fight.
Done pussyfooting. Right off the bat, your car isnt better than the Evo or the 240. Second, you cant have any ' fit the criteria' pictures. The point of the theme is for you to go out and get a picture (not use an old one)

And lasty. This is an election, voting, a democracy. Just like any other. You want votes? EARN THEM. You have an amazing truck? Get some good build pictures, good exterior/ interior pics, and go out and whatever the theme is do an amazing job. If you do that better than anyone youre guaranteed 20% of the voting. Along with that go into the subforums show people the nominations, the voting, and GET votes. Go to the sub-forums, go to your preferred section. And GET votes.

No one is 'too-good' for ROTM. If you want to win then embrace the competition, go out and get votes. Dont expect to get nominated, throw up a few old pics, and win. You have to earn votes, granted if youre not an import you might have to fight a little harder to earn those votes but ROTM needs to mean something. 20% could sway ANY voting. And i promise you there is no favoritism in the commitee or from the admins. Thats coming based of the best Ride. Period. And ALL aspects are debated for a few days before we even choose a car. 20% impartial voting is more than enough to make it a fair fight. That along with all the other voters on here who ARENT fan boys will go out and vote for the best Ride. But again the themes (which allow the creativity to make up for lost votes to the 'fanboys') must be embraced, and the votes must be earned.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:30 AM
Banned

If you want to win then embrace the competition, go out and get votes.
Reason one why ROTM failed before and why if you think this way should not be part of it.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:33 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

Reason one why ROTM failed before and why if you think this way should not be part of it.
So people shouldnt participate? You should be nominated throw up a pic or two and get voted because youre car is soo much better than others?

Lol. at this point i see youre just bitching about the sytem ( more about the old system than the new one ) and really dont have any questions or suggestions, just looking to bitch, so ill stop wasting my time trying to explain the thoughts and ideas behind the new system.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Banned

So people shouldnt participate? You should be nominated throw up a pic or two and get voted because youre car is soo much better than others?

Lol. at this point i see youre just bitching about the sytem ( more about the old system than the new one ) and really dont have any questions or suggestions, just looking to bitch, so ill stop wasting my time trying to explain the thoughts and ideas behind the new system.
There is no new system........
Old 12-01-2011, 06:37 AM
Rey
Banned

We are taking into account the differences we can make from the prior ROTM as well as other ROTMs from other large forums. I have read in almost every other forum alot of complaints, suggestions ect.... I have also seen a few that just wants it their way or it sucks....
Believe me when I say we are taking all ideas into consideration, but EVERYONE needs to keep in mind that when a suggestion is made, it might not get adopted immediately so therefore no need to argue or cry as some do.

I appreciate any input you can keep giving in order to enable us to make sure ROTM stays a fun and active thing, even if it doesnt make members of the peanut gallery happy.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:42 AM
Pit Krew C.E.O.

There is no new system........
This is a really good suggestion. Thanks for the input.

Quick Reply: Ride Of The Month v 2.0 ### Suggestions Thread###