Before and After...a Refresh and Update Project on a '93 s13 Hatch

Old 05-20-2011, 06:26 AM
buildin' it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. I was just thinking that it had been a minute since I heard about this build.

can't wait to see that plate when it is done. Should make some leaps and bounds progress once you can actually start bolting things up.

as for the dash, just be gangster and wrap it in Gucci.
lol
Old 05-20-2011, 07:17 AM
Because race car…

LOL...not much in the way of my style, but omg!! How about Louis Vuitton?? I would need brown/camel seats and carpet!!!!

Seriously though, I was thinking something along the lines of that faux leather stuff they use for the Lambo dashes...
Old 05-26-2011, 01:20 PM
Because race car…

Traveling to Tampa tomorrow to take possession of a full set of HICAS sway bars. I'll post up pix of them and the install. Keep in mind that my ride is just a base so this will be a nice upgrade. Moving from Base 24mm front and 15mm rear to HICAS 25mm front and 21mm rear. SHould feel some sort of difference, I would hope.
Old 05-26-2011, 01:57 PM

woah woah woah! i didnt read really anything, just looked at the pictures (same thing i do with books) but you supercharged a 240???? and on what engine?
1993 black s13 convertible (beach cruiser)
Old 05-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Because race car…

Its a KA...check out KA-T.org...the supercharged section and you'll see my inspiration.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:20 PM

how much HP is it est? i found the thread but cant find the figures for the setup.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:36 PM
Because race car…

Over 200 ...with the right tune around 240/240 @ the wheels. Instant boost which is 10lbs using the factory pulley on the SC driving off the crack pulley. Read though my thread...there are details in here.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by rhart
Over 200 ...with the right tune around 240/240 @ the wheels. Instant boost which is 10lbs using the factory pulley on the SC driving off the crack pulley. Read though my thread...there are details in here.
That kit is like $1200, which to me isnt worth not hearing the BOV. KA-R is more unique and i have personally never even heard of it before today. I think I still want KA-T.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:21 AM
buildin' it

LOL...not much in the way of my style, but omg!! How about Louis Vuitton?? I would need brown/camel seats and carpet!!!!

Seriously though, I was thinking something along the lines of that faux leather stuff they use for the Lambo dashes...
HAHA. that interior would be baller for realz.

but for real, that faux leather stuff is awesome. Don't know how it would hold up to the constant sun beating on it, but they sell faux lather at like Joann fabrics. I've seriously considering doing the Z dash in that stuff.
could always get this stuff for the windshield -
Crystalline Automotive Films - Clear automotive window film for cars, trucks - Crystalline - 3M US
That would solve the sun beating on it all day issue. Even the clear stuff is awesome.
I'll be doing clear (or a very very light tint) on the Z windshield, then totally Black on the t-tops and quarter glass, then "legally" dark on the doors and hatch. It blocks so much heat and UV light that it could be high noon, 90 plus degrees, and the interior still feels like it is night time. Awesome stuff.

Traveling to Tampa tomorrow to take possession of a full set of HICAS sway bars. I'll post up pix of them and the install. Keep in mind that my ride is just a base so this will be a nice upgrade. Moving from Base 24mm front and 15mm rear to HICAS 25mm front and 21mm rear. SHould feel some sort of difference, I would hope.
Awesome. you ought to notice the difference right as you snap into the turn. It won't be a "huge" difference, but the rear end should have a little more "confidence" as you snap into a turn. You might notice that you can hold a little bit tighter in longer, sweeping corners (kinda like the circle that is at 49th street and 22nd ave) Unless your front bar is worn out, the front won't have much difference, but that rear end should feel better.

That build on that site wasn't intercooled (IIRC) so I think Rhart is gonna get an easy 300 whp. and even more torque. I really think rhart has a better build all around.
The power curve on that thing is going to make it a crazy fun ride. Even if it is "just" 300 whp, it will be 300 hp for a huge range, making it faster than cars that just peak to 400 hp.
which means you'll be able to give me a ride for my money in my Z
at least for a little while.

Originally Posted by Turbo Mat
That kit is like $1200, which to me isnt worth not hearing the BOV. KA-R is more unique and i have personally never even heard of it before today. I think I still want KA-T.
TurboMat, just stick with turbo for now.
You can reach your goals much easier. cheaper, and reliably. You'll have the space to grow as you build the turbo set up and you'll learn a ton about the car as a whole.
I supercharging is cool, but I don't recommend someone popping their cherry with a supercharger. There is too much to learn about boost to begin with, adding a supercharger to the mix makes everything harder/more complicated.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:11 AM
Because race car…

Default HICAS Difference

As you can see there is a huge size difference in my old Base rear sway bar and the HICAS rear sway bar.

The tracking of the car is amazing...transitions are a blast, sweeping turns are tons or fun. I can see why I have read info saying yo uwant to test out the characteristics of the handling difference before you see the rain as there is a big difference in how the car reacts to input. Its so much quicker to respond.

Phil - the turn you discribed off 19 on to 49th...40mph entrance speed to a 50mph exit speed with little or no tire howl...just plain impressive. I've fallen in love alover again.

Last edited by rhart; 05-31-2011 at 10:13 AM.