Before and After...a Refresh and Update Project on a '93 s13 Hatch

Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Paint Color Choices

I do not like Jane's current color.

I'm leaning toward having the car painted Silver...a darker silver, perhaps a gun-metal gray?

Perhaps some votes from those of you who read the thread??

-Silver/Gun Metal Gray

-Nissan Blue (you know the one)

or

-Blue (like the Blue Hatch) (Though I must say I would need to be sold on this one)

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,
-Royce
Old 02-02-2012, 04:17 PM
I <3 usdm

I love dark gray/gunmetal hatches. That's my vote lol

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.
Old 02-02-2012, 04:32 PM
will eat for more food

Damn what a transformation. Good job on swapping everything over man, it looks great.
I sell LED's for gauge clusters, side-markers, dome lights, map lights, license plate lights, corner lights, etc. Whatever you need, i have it all. Contact me for more info or pricing: (813)-516-3118.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
Because race car…

Thanks for the kudos JDM Pollo. Its taking shape faster than I though it would.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 PM
buildin' it

looking good royce

can't do the same color blue. even though I really liked it. that color kinda died with the other car.

what nissan blue are you talking about? the darker metalic blue on the 350z's or the bright ass blue on the 370z's?

As for the grey, gun metal grey can be so awesome, but at the same time, can be so crappy.
When you say gun metal grey, I picture the grey they use on the F250's, with dark tint, and a black hood. Almost maraudered out, but with more style.

this color grey -
Old 02-03-2012, 01:15 PM
Because race car…

I was thinking the Gun Metallic Gray offered on the GTR, something comparable.

Remember the Bright but deep Skyline Blue color? I've always liked that. The Z's had something close i think.

I'm with you about my old hatches Blue...thought i loved the way it would "purple" out in the proper light, it was the other car. Some one will like that when they buy the shell.

-Royce

Last edited by rhart; 02-03-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:26 PM
TOTALLY AWESOME.

Bayside Blue was the Skyline GTR color.

Old 02-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Because race car…

Thats the one!!

I need to get my wheels powder coated, they are a real dark shade of grey with a odd sort of metal flake clear on them. I like the affect on the wheels but the paint is starting to peel off. Or i could trade them out for something different (or go five-lug blah, blah, blah...though i dont push the car hard enough to warrant it). I do think my fitment for the 4 lugs is fine, even though I needed a spacer to acheive it.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:29 PM
buildin' it

that is a hot blue.
Pretty sure that was the same blue that blackzenki82 did his skyline in... i just seem to remember his car being a touch darker and with some more metallic in it. that skyline was a hot color.

personally, I like the more subtle colors for s13's. I've always favored the blacks or dark ass reds and blues. I saw a really dark metallic green s13 a while back that I really liked. it was a cross between a metallic dark green and a metallic British racing green (got that color name from playing with this - Color Name & Hue)

So for me, that bayside blue would be a bit too "flashy" for an s13. I would personally start with that color and then work my way darker.

the GTR grey has potential, but I'm still torn how it would look on an s13.
I almost think the s13 doesn't have enough body lines and "dark spots" to break up the color the right way. Think about a GTR, there are lots of angles on that car that make a lot of shadows or "dark spots" when you are looking at it. The s13 is smoother so I think you'd loose a lot of those shadows. I could be imagining it the wrong way too though.

found this -

That is supposed to be GTR grey. according to his thread here - http://forums.redlinemotive.com/thread-3556.html

I
think the shadows make a pretty big difference on the GTR. But the GTR also has a better paint job all around than that example of the s13. So that alone could be making all of the difference.

unless of course you want to go more of a Matte finish, in which case, this is the hotness.

I actually really like this example of a "gun metal grey" a lot better. It is a good bit darker.

according to the page it is on that color is "
Dark Grey Pearl (KN6)" found here -
Harlow Jap Autos | UK Stock | Nissan Skyline R33 GTR tuned by HKS
Old 02-03-2012, 02:33 PM
buildin' it

found here - THE REAL JDM