Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

Why Spectacle's car sucks part 3883298982389928

Old 05-10-2005, 02:27 PM
Spent more money than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Spectacle's car sucks part 3883298982389928

Hi everybody! For those of you who are new to TR, I'm Spectacle...you may remember me from such threads as:

Ok its time to fix my car...I need EVERYONE'S help
It ran. Then it died. Woah is me.
No turbo, still problems....
Bad o2??? What to do...THE PROBLEMS NEVER END!

As you can see, in my never ending quest to get this god forsaken bastard of a car to run correct I've run into a few "snags". Well today I met up with Blake to get OBD1 stock injectors put in the car. We met up @ McDonald's, I popped my hood to show him the resistor box and injectors and when I went to start the car back up it started then died 3 seconds later. This has happened MANY times before but this was the first time someone else was under the hood to look at the fuel pressure gauge when it died. Blake said he saw my fuel pressure go steadily down until the car shut off. After a few minutes he had me keep turning the key to "on" and we waited until the gauge saw pressure before we started it again. When this happens I have to get it to start then immediately floor the gas to "clear it" so to speak in order for it to stay running. Once I do this, the idle comes down to its normal levels and the car runs with no problems. So other then that and the aformentioned bad gas mileage and weird hesitation mentioned in the o2 thread above I think I've got all the other problems figured out. My leaking cam seal has stopped....I narrowed that down to synthetic oil. The regular dino oil I have in it now does not leak.

Question is this...is my problem:

A: injectors
B: bad fuel pump
C: main relay
D: o2 sensor

New o2 sensor is already on the way. Main relay is next on my list. Many people have told me that if it was injectors the car wouldn't run correctly @ all so that's a slim possiblity. Plus Trip has already rewired those himself with solder and heat shrink so that further guides me away from that. Fuel pump I have no idea about....but its not as easy to check or switch out as people think because of my custom stereo shit back there. So i'm thinking its the main relay.

Thoughts?

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha
Roque Fab = The best Fabricator in the WHOLE WORLD

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:41 PM
Retired Ricer...

replace everything.....

www.facebook.com/chris.storck1
Project WHIPLASH has begun!!!
RacingIntegration.com (813)935-6720
InductionPerformance.com
NS Racing (813)842-5517
Old 05-10-2005, 02:45 PM

I would back when I was big ballin...but since I got this apartment I've become an honrary member of the "brokeasfuq" crew. I've got a long trip coming up next week I believe...and I want to somewhat confident that the car can make it there and back. But like I said i'm short on dinero. I've only got enough money to replace one more thing this month.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

The best engine in the world is the vagina, it takes any size piston, its self lubricating, starts with 1 finger, and every 4 weeks does its own oil change. It's just a pity the management system is so fucking temperamental.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm Awesome

check over your fuel lines make sure that none of them are leaking. if not my guess is a faulty fuel pump, but it is only a guess.

-John
Aim: le lead
Cell: (813)843-8523
Old 05-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Is now ballin!

Fuel pump.. Same shit happened to me on my old Ls-t setup. Shoulda just left it boosted

At least its the sexiest car in the world, like I've stated before, if my car looked that good, I would push it around

RIP Kevin (Slo_Si) Gonzalez - 09/13/2006

Last edited by Hybrid_Ej; 05-10-2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Can you spot me 20 cars?

How dose it go? Call a Whaaaaaambulance!! Do i have that right? Anyways....I would say it's your main relay. It's hard to say because by what your are describing it sounds like more then a main relay.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by qitstrn
How dose it go? Call a Whaaaaaambulance!! Do i have that right?

I honestly don't think i've laughed harder today. Thank you.

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

Old 05-10-2005, 04:17 PM
John @ LHT Performance

It could be many things. Thowing parts at it will just cost money and wasted time. Have it properly checked to find out which part needs to be replaced.
The main relay should click when the CEL cycles on and off.

727 344 1800

*Turbocharging* Engine building* Tuning *Intercooler piping*exhausts* headers* clutches ,fabrication and much more

13 years in the same location.

** HONDATA Authorized Dealer+ Tuner **

01 Type R-647whp street car w' AC - Cover of turbo magazine Feb 2008

01 K20a INSIGHT - Cover of Honda Tuning magazine June 2008

2011 KR-Z K20 powered CR-Z -Cover of Honda Tuning magazine April 2011
Old 05-10-2005, 04:47 PM
Jap
VTEC Out

Does the VTEC feel good ?

Hondata saves lives
S300 and K-Pro tuning 813-433-3721
Crome OBD1 Editing/Chipped ECU's/Wiring/Track Setup

Prayoonto/DSS/Precision/TiAl/JE/Eagle/PPG/Supertech Equipped
Old 05-10-2005, 04:58 PM

from the passenger seat it does I can barely feel it driving. But today riding shotgun that fucker felt like it was in my lap

Racing Integration
LHT Performance
My tuner is named Alpha

Quick Reply: Why Spectacle's car sucks part 3883298982389928