Drifting The art of going sideways

why do you guys drift?

Old 05-25-2004, 11:06 AM
Regulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why do you guys drift?

i am being serious here so hopefully some moderator does not close this.
is it becasue you do not like other forms of motorsports,you can not affford other forms of racing,or your car is not capable enough to do other things?

seems like this would get old since there are no lap times for you to improve on because it is all juding right?

(Yes it is a LT1 in a '99)
Old 05-25-2004, 11:12 AM
NO KA24

i would higly doubt its cause they couldnt afford it since drifting is an expensive.i know most people that are into drifting are also into road course and autoX. for me i think its just fun throwing your car around. you could also say whats so fun about Drag racing if you just go in a straight line. ive drag raced its fun to try to keep your car straight and get the perfect launch. i know from the friends i go out drifting with we have people that Autox,roadcourse, and drag race.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:13 AM
madpom

to tell you the truth its fun
its not that i don't like other motorsports i do auto x to me drifting is a display of control and power same as drag racing is a display of power you can have a 100hp or 1000hp its still fun
Old 05-25-2004, 11:20 AM
formerly 'RiceRocket'

Drifting is about having ultimate control of your vehicle....being able to push your car to it's limits while maintaining control....

Can I ask you this question? Why do you like to drive in a straight line for 1320 feet? to see how fast you are?

Drag Racing is 75% car, 25% driver
Auto-X/ Road Racing is 65% car, 45% driver
Drifting is 25% car, 75% Driver
Bill proves that with his KA 240....

How good of a driver are you?

Charles

1953 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (Fuel Injected, Drive-by-wire, DoD)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT (6.0l V8 Sleeper)
2011 Toyota Sequoia Sport 4x4 (Tow Rig)
My Blog: www.HotRodCaddy.com
Old 05-25-2004, 11:23 AM
THE HAMMER

couldnt agree with rice rocket more
Old 05-25-2004, 11:28 AM
FUCKCAMRY HELLOHACHI

go out with some drifters on a tire beat down night

you'll change your mind real fast

drifting is the shit

nothing like losing control while being in complete control on purpose
Old 05-25-2004, 11:30 AM
truck motor>joo

it doesnt get old for me, because at every event there are new tracks layouts, new levels of speed, and new degrees of difficulty. people will always push themselves to go faster, harder, and wider.

i like it because its hard to do. it seems more challenging to me to stay sideways, make smooth transitions, and execute clean entries and exits throughout a whole run than it is to grip a course. but then again, i can think of plenty of layouts that it would be harder to pull a good time gripping than it would be to get a good ranking in a drift competition or something.

im not sure really. personally, i dont think there is any feeling in the world like it. going full blast sideways, with the steering wheel locked and the wind blowing in your face, while your tires scream and beg for you to stop, threatening to explode, until you transition the weight, and make a change in direction so smooth it feels like your floating... straight up sex.

www.floridadrift.com
Old 05-25-2004, 11:42 AM
Get off my lawn

its more fun than anything ive ever done, well, sex is better, but thats about it.

[xbox360]DETrimentS14[/xbox360]
Old 05-25-2004, 11:47 AM
5 Foot Fury

I've done auto-x and drag. I prefer drifting because to me, it is a lot more fun. It takes skill and it's definitely expensive (probably MORE expensive than drag and auto-x). It helps you learn how to handle and control your car in just about any situation, especially in the rain.

It all comes down to it being one of the most fun motorsports I've ever participated in. That's all there is to it. It doesn't get old, I agree with agemomai. There are always different tracks and different techniques and speeds to try out. IMO I'd say that drag would get old A LOT quicker since it's always just going in a straight line.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:54 AM
Get off my lawn

ive gone to a drag strip once in my life, and i dont intend on going back, its so not fun when compared to other types of motorsports. i dont understand why its so popular.

[xbox360]DETrimentS14[/xbox360]