Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

Has anyone seen or heard of these?

Old 08-05-2008, 10:32 PM
Never Surrender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone seen or heard of these?

License plate retractor flipper by red biker products

would be cool for a couple reasons, one if you put a sign on underneath like in the examples, could flip it to people tailgating you or at lights, etc.
also (may hear shit for suggesting this) but flip it down and split the lane going to clearwater beach (that mile before the pier is almost always clogged up)

idk just found it and thought it was kinda cool
Old 08-05-2008, 10:43 PM
hates change

arent you new to bikes?

you do not need one of these.

and when you flip your tag up run from the cops...or split lanes...please..do it outside of Pinnelas county...neither me or any of my fellow coworkers want to pick you up off the road
Old 08-05-2008, 10:53 PM
Never Surrender

i wouldnt get it anytime soon first off, secondly i wouldn't do anything stupid at high speeds if i was doing the lane splitting in clearwater would be while traffic is stopped

edit: did they let you back on or was that someone else awhile back? ive been out of country and state for couple months
Old 08-05-2008, 10:55 PM
hates change

yes i have been let back

and dont lane split

its a good way to get fucked up
Old 08-05-2008, 11:18 PM
owns a $10,000 unicycle!

Originally Posted by Turbo that SER!
yes i have been let back

and dont lane split

its a good way to get fucked up
lane splitting should be legal in fl, when traffic is backed up i dont see a prob other than people in cages getting pissed

Old 08-06-2008, 12:14 AM
hates change

and the people in cages getting pissed is where it is at my friend.

they get mad they dont see you etc etc etc they pull out in front of you bam...another statistic
Old 08-06-2008, 04:29 AM
Resident Ginger Kid...

so basically you want it to break laws and make things much more worse for us while we ride and have the cops be more pissed then they already are.

2005 Joe Gibbs Silverado # 0396
1988 Monte Carlo SS 5.3/T56 and too many mods.
2003 Honda 954RR
Old 08-06-2008, 05:04 AM

People lane split down here all the time, especially in traffic on hot days just like the example given above. It may be illegal, but it is not dangerous if done properly. People in cages get mad because they see a bike go right by while they have to sit in traffic, what they don't realize is the bike going right by actually alleviates how long they are stuck in traffic as well (this was proven in Cali and used as a justification for making lane splitting legal). It is more an education issue down here than anything else in my opinion.

People just need to get over what everyone else is doing "wrong" on the roads and focus on their own driving.

Last edited by dkutin; 08-06-2008 at 05:08 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:34 AM
NObama 2011

+1 dkutin ^

It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech!!!

SUPPORTING OUR TROOPS SINCE BIRTH MEMBER #001

EITHER STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, OR PLEASE, STAND IN FRONT OF US. U.S.M.C. SNIPERS, ONE SHOT ONE KILL

Old 08-06-2008, 05:44 AM
Thread TERRORIST

If lane splitting were to be made legal it would have to be mandatory that motorcyclists carried insurance, because they'd be fucking up car doors left and right. And thats not even saying anyhting about the poor unlucky SOB who's hauling ass through a 'traffic jam' and a car decides to switch lanes in front of them.

Why do I have a feeling the same types of people who call lane splitting safe are the typed of people you read Rider Down threads about doing double the speed limit through a red light? Its a public road, not a stunt course, guys. Minimize your risk everywhere everyday and you might just survive your tenure on your motorcycle.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote