Bike Tech If it's a two wheeled vehicle and you wanna talk about it, here's your spot

What Mods do you have done to your bikes?

Old 01-25-2004, 07:12 AM
Dragging Plastics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Mods do you have done to your bikes?

I was just curious as to what mods you have done to your bikes and what you think are the most beneficial to your riding? What is the next mod or two that you want to do? Also while your at it post a picture of your bike/bikes.
Do you have to argue over stupid pointless shit on the Internet?
Old 01-25-2004, 10:36 AM
keyboard hardass

Well, I have put racing clip ons and rearsets on my SV, other than that verything is pretty much stock or cosmetic...

for the SV the clip ons were a huge improvement, lowered the handlebar height by like 6 or 7 inches..

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)
Old 01-25-2004, 02:06 PM
Dragging Plastics

Originally posted by Clint
Well, I have put racing clip ons and rearsets on my SV, other than that verything is pretty much stock or cosmetic...

for the SV the clip ons were a huge improvement, lowered the handlebar height by like 6 or 7 inches..

What clip-ons and rearsets did you put on it? Vortex? I'm assuming you have the standard SV (Without fairing) for it to drop your handle bar height by that much. Have you noticed more of a need for a steering damper since you put your clip-ons on?
Old 01-25-2004, 03:26 PM
keyboard hardass

I went with the Woodcraft CFM http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/ 3 piece clip ons, and racing rearsets, yea I have the naked SV...

I have noticed on one or two occasions that a steering damper would help out alot, which is odd, because on my first SV (this is my 2nd) I never notied a thing, I think I may have the suspension set up all wrong on it...

Green markers = Pay spots
Blue markers = safe free spots
Red markers = not so safe free spots (possible trespass issues)
Old 01-25-2004, 03:32 PM
TraumaInDHead

I had a slip on yoshi carbon fiber, filter, double bubble yellow windscreen and a dragoin decal on the side of the tank on my old bike. I was going to have it jetted and a timing advancer put on but sold it and got this bike.. this bike nothing is done.. I want to put full/slip on exhausts, filter, and a power commander...thats all until the turbo kit of coarse..
Old 01-25-2004, 03:44 PM
Dragging Plastics

Originally posted by 00UrbanGixxer600
I had a slip on yoshi carbon fiber, filter, double bubble yellow windscreen and a dragoin decal on the side of the tank on my old bike. I was going to have it jetted and a timing advancer put on but sold it and got this bike.. this bike nothing is done.. I want to put full/slip on exhausts, filter, and a power commander...thats all until the turbo kit of coarse..

What type of filter are you going to use? K&N or BMC. I've seen berrer HP gains with the BMC air filters over the K&N air filters. We're only talking like .5-1.5 hp but gain is gain. The BMC are a bit more pricey but well worth it in my opinion.

I went with the Woodcraft CFM http://www.woodcraft-cfm.com/ 3 piece clip ons, and racing rearsets, yea I have the naked SV...
I like the woodcraft stuff. It's top notch stuff. I have WoodCraft case covers on both of my bikes. I like the replacable sliders on them. I would have gone with WoodCraft clip-ons, but with Vortex being local I went with them. They have better support at the tracks here in Fl. If I break one at the track I can get a replacement with no problem. I was looking at the WoodCraft rearsets as well, but they're not adjustable. I wanted something that had some adjustability. I'd go with WoodCraft over Vortex any day though.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:45 PM
TraumaInDHead

hmm.. how much is the bmc? I might go with that.. i'm used to the K&N but.. if BMC is better then hell yeah.. and this is my old bike..
Old 01-25-2004, 06:11 PM

I know this may be OT, but i was curious to know if the rims from an 00-01 R1 will fit on an 02-03 R1?
Old 01-25-2004, 06:21 PM
Dragging Plastics

I know this may be OT, but i was curious to know if the rims from an 00-01 R1 will fit on an 02-03 R1?

Yes. The front is the same. The rear 02 wheel is 5mm wider at the brake side. The spacer would have to be machined off 5mm. Any machine shop could do that for fairly cheap.
Old 01-26-2004, 06:26 AM
Professional Asshole

i have full mechanical carbs, direct k&n filters, vortex sprockets -1,0, regina gold race chain, yoshi full exhaust (no baffles in the muffler) and jet kit, and some expected engine work, i just haven't pulled the motor apart to see exactly what it has. i also switched from dunlop 207's to dunlop 208's (a shit load stickier)

Aim and Yahoo- Inkedupordie