Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

BMW wins 1st and 2nd

Old 10-23-2007, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really enjoyed the big luxury cars.
Something I could never afford new, competing in a $500 class amuses me.
Also live the themes.

If you've still got spaces on that list of 14, see if you have room for me.
Old 10-23-2007, 09:04 AM
aspiring luder

i don't really have much money, but if i have free time you know i'm willing to help
Old 10-23-2007, 02:06 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

go CRX's! (honestly I hated seeing them in that condition but hey they are out there racing)

Barry you know I'm in to help. Remember Kristan and I did a great job with the exhaust on the BMW

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 10-25-2007, 03:34 PM

Sorry every one out in Cali at Disney seeing the Nightmare Before X mas haunted house.. Car museums etc.. so post more when i get back..

Thanks for the Help offers..

B
Old 10-26-2007, 06:33 AM

New in car video out from the Altimont race 2 weeks ago..

To give you an idea about the contact out there..

YouTube - TEAM SANTA CRUZ: 24 Hours of LeMons In-Car Action
Old 10-26-2007, 10:44 AM
legend behind the cowl

two words... I'm in!
Old 10-26-2007, 11:31 AM

Yea I figured you guys would be up for 60 mph bumper cars..

Ok well looks like there will be some fabrication and welding weekends out in Brandon..

Im still waiting to hear back from Moroso , on when Jay and I can get down to the track to look it over. Hoping for 2nd or 3rd week in Nov..

So here is the list. I have 2 cars.. I also have a Euro 2.3 engine that has about 60 more HP than the 325E cars. So if we have enough time and I can verify that the euro engine is OK Id like to swap that into one of the cars. The Euro engine is in a car that I have but its been sitting for a long time. Id think if I can get a gas can hooked up it be ok. The only problem with this is that it uses a unique distributor and computer.
VS leaving both cars E engines. I have a complete spare engine and ECU.. So running 2 of the same cars would mean ample spare parts.

I am open to thoughts on this.

Also had any one had any experience bending front struts for camber?
I have a used set of M3 springs and a used set of Ireland ones. Since each car was $250 there is another 250 for upgrades, minus any parts I sell off the cars.. Like AC interiors etc.. So there is room for springs.

Since we also will need to get creative with the Handleing I was thinking about doubling up the fron sway bars.. Like welding a 2nd stock one (with spacers to clear the mounting brackets.). So there would be more stiffness on the front.

Last of all .. we are allowed to have sponsors. I would really like to find a tire sponser Hankook or some other sticky tire. I dont think they allow R compounds but you can go down to a 180 to 200 wear tire. Any help here with tire sponsers is appreciated.

Here are all the interested parties as they come to mind.

Danny P club
Ralph P club
Tree
Loren
Mark
Myself, Kris, Tom,charlie, willy, Russ, Dennis BMW CCA
James - out of state
LD

So as you can see have more than 12 drivers.. If I missed any one let me know, but I really am looking for people with track or Auto X exoerience. Also being agressive on the track is a plus, but remebering that the car needs to last 24 hours. So there is a balance.
So if i can get 14 or so confirmed,,,I will continue planning on 2 cars.

Also as you see the cars need to be Themed. I would like to put something on one of the cars to Promote Rafaels ( who passed away ) Web site.. Hookedontrack.com.
But other than that I open for ideas..

Well thats it for now

B

Last edited by bam2002; 10-26-2007 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:58 AM
Lucky

I am extremely interested in this. I am no master mechanic, but I can turn a wrench and follow direction. I have both Auto-x and Road Race seat time. I will be on Moroso April 19th. Let me know!

~James
It's like this: The toadstool juice fires through the unicorn injector into the fairy dust chamber, where the tiny wizard does his secret work...Then a gang of keebler elves get hopped up on the crystalline byproduct of the wizard's tinkering, (they smoke it) and then the elves push the spinning triangle through a series of dimensional portals to a final realm codenamed the "exhaust port..." At least that's my undersanding of rotary sorcery...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
yeah, I drive a miata

barry, my dad will run too. Im assuming this is a year in advance since the last one just finished. i know my dad has run moroso quite a few times, and i will probably run a few events there in the next six months if this is a go.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:18 PM
legend behind the cowl

Lol

Last edited by treekiller; 10-28-2007 at 12:27 PM.