Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SCCA Solo II (Autox) Brooksville - 10/2-10/3

Old 09-14-2004, 02:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SCCA Solo II (Autox) Brooksville - 10/2-10/3

Details here. Remember, pre-registration is REQUIRED to get access to the site. They don't mind if you pre-register and don't show up, so get on the list if you think you might want to go!
Old 09-15-2004, 09:30 PM
F K D

Poor timing. GCAC is having a double event the same days....sheesh.

T.Morrow
Old 09-16-2004, 04:26 AM

Well, yes and no. It's hard to call overlap between events belonging to two different clubs that are a full 4 hours apart "poor timing". Brooksville is much closer to me, that's the event I will try to attend.

Now, if there were another Tampa area event on the same weekend, that would be poor timing.
Old 09-17-2004, 11:04 AM
F K D

I didn't mean it like that. I'd rather do Brooksville because it's 45 minutes closer (for me), it's cheaper, you'd get way more runs in, and I know more people there. I have to do at least one of the GCAC events so that I can qualify for the points battle (not good enough for a green jacket so I'll have to settle for a red one ).

I should have said that it's really poor timing for me .
Old 09-17-2004, 11:09 AM

Oh, well that's different.

So, are you going to do GCAC one day and Brooksville the other?
Old 09-20-2004, 12:35 PM
! Ne shab'rud'ni !

hmmm...have to check the finances...Brooksville was fun even though i made my own corse thru the back the last time

by http://www.flickr.com/people/8341770@N07/, on Flickr
TR "Old Skool EF" Member #017 chi town brat TR "eg6" crew #6

I see people out there spending money on the car to improve it … If you spend half that effort just working on your driving skills, making you and the car work together as a team, then you’ll go faster – period. To make the car go a second faster on the track takes a lot more energy and money than making yourself drive it one second faster.
the late Tom Thrash SCCA Solo E Production
Old 09-21-2004, 05:26 AM
rocktastic

I have to go to this. Before the last Brooksville event, I didn't autox for nigh on five months—I sucked real bad (sorry about the bush). Gotta get the rust out—can't lose to my brother!
Old 09-21-2004, 05:53 AM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally posted by robofunc
I have to go to this. Before the last Brooksville event, I didn't autox for nigh on five months—I sucked real bad (sorry about the bush). Gotta get the rust out—can't lose to my brother!
you can't lose to your brother & i'm abusing my brothers car, good stuff.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Now with less suck

Definitely get out to Brooksville if you haven't yet. The site is very good and it keeps getting better with every event.

If you'd like to help ensure that the event goes smoothly and we all get lots of runs, then show up early and help us set everything up. We can always add to our regular event crew also. If you seem to be showing up at most of the CFR West events, consider taking on a more official position. We don't currently have a chief of timing and scoring. I'd like to see a few more Solo Safety Stewards showing up too. If you don't want a title, I'd be thrilled to just have a couple of regulars who take the time to get reasonably familiar with set up and tear down.

We're usually onsite at about 7:00 AM on an event day, feel free to show up and help out. If you get there early to help and nobody is at the gate to let you in, call my cell phone and we'll send someone out for you. 813-857-9616

Tony Adams
CFR Solo2 West
Brooksville
Event Chairman