Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SCCA Solo II (Autox) Brooksville - 10/2-10/3

Old 09-24-2004, 05:15 AM
cone junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mars_302
Id love to help out, but I have a hard time getting up just to make it in time for tech in
You think that I wanted to get up at 4am so I could drive from Gainesville to help set stuff up in the mornings and then be one of the last to leave because I'm helping to tear things down?

I don't mean to be an ass, but look at what you said. Everyone there has to get up early. And the guys putting on the event, who have to take responsability, listen to all the complaints, set up and tear down everything, for NO pay, NO extra runs, etc, have to get up EVEN EARLIER!

It's a volunteer effort.

However, sorry for sounding like an ass.

If you can't wake up early enough, there's still plenty to do. Tear-down can always be faster. You just have to be around an extra 20 mins or so. Is that too much time to invest for a day of fun? We aren't making you dig a ditch here.... just help fold some tables, wrap some wires, and stack some cones. Timing and Scoring just takes a day or two get familiar with the computer program and then you get to work in the shade!

-93 MR2, #129 ES
Old 10-01-2004, 04:39 AM
who stole my intercooler?

Originally posted by Mars_302
brooksville a saturday as well correct?

And I suppose no picture taking this time around too?
correct, tho if you have a large telephoto lens you can still take nice shots of taillights & headlights
Old 10-01-2004, 05:15 AM
Now with less suck

Our site coordinator has told me that the airport has planned to mow for us on the side of the course that's not completely off limits. If we can keep a photographer and his/her spotter well off the pavement, then we may be able to accommodate them. We'll just have to see when we get out there.
Old 10-01-2004, 09:59 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Originally posted by nunyo
Our site coordinator has told me that the airport has planned to mow for us on the side of the course that's not completely off limits. If we can keep a photographer and his/her spotter well off the pavement, then we may be able to accommodate them. We'll just have to see when we get out there.
That would be nice! That's the only thing keeping Brooksville from being a GREAT site is the lack of a good spectator area, IMO. If only we could somehow combine the surface at Brooksville with the spectator area of the Fairgrounds or Orlando!

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:12 AM

So, how did it go?

I ended up helping a friend change his shocks Saturday. I thought about going Sunday, but thought better of it. My car's got an oil pressure problem. Oil pressure relief valve keeps sticking open on cold starts... kinda scary. I really shouldn't be pushing it or driving it more than I need to until I fix that. (which is going to require pulling the engine to replace the oil pump... bah!)
Old 10-04-2004, 06:53 AM

Oh man, it sucked. We only got 2 runs each day. and the course was a 20 foot slalom the whole way out and back.
No one should come to any SCCA events because they suck.

J/K.
It was great.
Saturday we only had 12 people, so no course work and as many runs as you wanted. Some people got close to 30 runs.

Sunday: ~26 drivers and 11 runs.

I liked both courses a lot. They were easy to follow yet hard to get perfect. Overall, I would say this event was one of the best ever by CFR.

Jeremy

Old 10-04-2004, 06:57 AM

Geez, I know I was guilty of not showing up this time, but what's it going to take to get people to attend a Brooksville autocross?

Is there one scheduled for December? I might be able to get the SunRiders crowd out there if there is. Our December event was supposed to be at the track, and that fell through.