Auto-X/Road Racing Autocrossing, Road Racing & Other Forms of Sanctioned Racing

SCCA Solo II (Autox) Brooksville - 10/2-10/3

Old 10-04-2004, 07:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Mars_302
This course was nice since it gave me a few spots to really get into the power and make up time.
Autox wisdom: Time can never be made up, only lost.

Glad you're having fun with it. Have you had any of the gurus take you for a ride in your own car yet?
Old 10-04-2004, 08:57 AM
Now with less suck

Originally posted by Loren
Geez, I know I was guilty of not showing up this time, but what's it going to take to get people to attend a Brooksville autocross?

Is there one scheduled for December? I might be able to get the SunRiders crowd out there if there is. Our December event was supposed to be at the track, and that fell through.
We don't currently have a December event scheduled. We do have one scheduled for Nov. 13th and 14th. The event on the 14th may end up being the Florida State Championships.

We lost a lot of people to GCAC this weekend, They did a double event weekend to make up for prior weather related cancellations.

This weekend was laid back and fun, we didn't quite cover expenses though so we do need to improve attendance.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:17 AM

We've got a November event. (11/21) If you want to schedule one for the first weekend of December (we were originally scheduled for 12/4), I can promise you some setup help and the possibility of... maybe half of the regular SunRiders attendance, which could be 20-30 additional people. If you can do that, we'll call crashing your event our December event and it'll work out well for all of us.
Old 10-04-2004, 12:48 PM
That Darn Probe Guy!

Originally posted by w0rd
J/K.
It was great.
Saturday we only had 12 people, so no course work and as many runs as you wanted. Some people got close to 30 runs.
WAHHHHHHHHHH!

I was registered but couldn't go last weekend because I just got released from the Hospital. I had to go to the Emergency Room last Monday night due to some gut pain (and when your gut is as big as mine it can hurt a lot!) I was diagnosed with diverticulitus and after 3 days of IV antibiotics, now have 3 prescribed pills that prevent me from doing anything fun with a motor vehicle. The only positive is I don't hurt any more. Hopefully I'll be done with this in 14 days and won't have to go a second course of antibiotics. Otherwise, who knows when I will be able to get back out and chase cones. Oh well, that's what I get for years of poor diet and a weak constitution. I will come to the next event!

If you do run an early December event, I'll volunteer now to help. Loren can vouch that I'll show up and help out.
Old 10-06-2004, 04:05 AM
Wanna buy a monkey?

Thumbs up Wrapup

Thanks to everyone that made Sunday's event such a blast!

It's AMAZING how fast everything goes when you only have 26 drivers! (Well, 24 after that Firebird erupted...)

Everyone got about 11 runs (5 in the morning, 6 in the afternoon I think). Farm trucks on the course not withstanding, everything went totally smooth.

I think the course was great, too. The gate after the Chicago box frustrated me a bit and I could never pick a good line through there, but I think that's a driver problem, not a course problem. But it flowed really well once you figured it out. Great first effort, Tony!

Hopefully we can get the word out about Brooksville, because it's a great site!

Thanks again!

Jason

Oh, the joys of owning a Honda!.....................And the joys of owning a Mazda!
Old 10-07-2004, 04:20 PM
Now with less suck

I can't take credit for the course. In sports terms, I guess I'd have an assist, at best. The straight sections were left over from Saturday's course, setup by Brian Meyers and his brother. I helped Jim Bledsoe and Jeremy Damico make the modifications for Sunday (everything after the crossover and the start/finish areas). I had the most input on the turnaround. I really liked the idea of just tossing a cone out there and letting people figure out how they wanted to get around it. Kind of gives you so much freedom of line that it's tough to get a good one. The start was mine too and it just accidentally turned out to be a lot of fun. It was like you actually got to drive the car instead of waiting until second gear to really get going. I had the finish really badly messed up, but we pulled the last gate before the lights on Sunday morning and everything got much better.

Over all I'd say the course was a slam dunk. I only had one complaint about it. That came from the Firebird driver immediatley after his coursewalk. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the course's fault that his car blew up. He though the chicago box after the crossover was made too tight by the gate going into it. I reallly didn't have any problems with it and I didn't hear anybody else complaining either. I actually watched him go through that section while I was out checking the worker stations for safety during the first heat. It didn't look to me like he was struggling to get through there.