The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

know your rights lol, stopped for concealed weapon

Old 06-24-2012, 11:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default know your rights lol, stopped for concealed weapon

Video: Know Your Rights: Law Student Backs Down Cop After Being Unlawfully Stopped For Carrying A Gun In Portland, Maine!
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 PM

think everyone Is missing the point here including the actual person who posted the video/ While under Oregon state law it is legal to openly carry a gun and this person was doing nothing wrong it becomes an issue of public perception. A officer on routine patrol might know the law, know the person and know the firearm his carries is registered and the subject is not a felon, the general public does not. The officer on routine patrol might pass this person and let him be but as an Officer he has a duty to act is called by complainants. If multiple calls of a man with a gun come in simply explaining the law to the callers will not suffice. In fact is multiple calls come into the department of a man with a gun it rises to the level of (Reasonable Suspicion) that the person has/is or might be committing a crime. I could articulate that all day long! and also add in that where there is one weapon there are more that are not openly carried. WHile you may have the right to carry a weapon openly in Portland you need to be prepared for citizens who dont have the knowledge you do
Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by GorillaClub
think everyone Is missing the point here including the actual person who posted the video/ While under Oregon state law it is legal to openly carry a gun and this person was doing nothing wrong it becomes an issue of public perception. A officer on routine patrol might know the law, know the person and know the firearm his carries is registered and the subject is not a felon, the general public does not. The officer on routine patrol might pass this person and let him be but as an Officer he has a duty to act is called by complainants. If multiple calls of a man with a gun come in simply explaining the law to the callers will not suffice. In fact is multiple calls come into the department of a man with a gun it rises to the level of (Reasonable Suspicion) that the person has/is or might be committing a crime. I could articulate that all day long! and also add in that where there is one weapon there are more that are not openly carried. WHile you may have the right to carry a weapon openly in Portland you need to be prepared for citizens who dont have the knowledge you do
my point of the video was a citizen knowing his right and not being bullied by a police office given no right of concern to stop this person. he knew the law and hid rights and defused the situation without having to be humiliated and treated like a criminal. i won't bother getting involved in a law debate, laws vary state to state while oregon is an open carry state unlike florida. when an officer has a direct reason for suspision of any law then by all means an officer has every right to question you. he was dismissed by a superior officer who knew there was nothing of concern.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:49 AM

Just admit you were trying to bash the 50 JDM....the same 50 you want on your side if you had a situation...1800ADMITIT
Old 07-04-2012, 03:28 PM
The most interesting man

I think the video was in Portland Maine, not Oregon. Laws may be different...
Old 07-19-2012, 04:59 AM
8 ur v8

I don't see why you just couldn't give the cop your id??? Why do people have to be so ignorant? I'm just saying if I was carrying my gun and a cop was to stop me just wanting to make sure everything was legit I would just comply, why make a big scene if you don't have anything to hide, that's just fucking ignorant.

1992 Camaro-SOLD
1995 Integra-TRADED
1992 Accord-SOLD
1995 Civic-TRADED
1990 CRX Si-TRADED
1993 CIVIC- Sold
1990 DA-9- Sold
1993 Civic- Sold
1995 Del Sol V8/K KILLA- DD

Last edited by eg695; 07-19-2012 at 05:11 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:12 AM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Can the OP explain to me how open carrying is considered concealed carry to him?

-Winston Churchill
Old 07-21-2012, 04:28 AM
.arrow Jus Skott

click link, see World Star.

on to next thread.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:11 PM

awesome video

私の狂気にそこに方法があります
https://www.facebook.com/groups/534257953308376/
Old 08-27-2012, 10:35 AM