The Video Post Check here for the latest videos!

STi gets a lesson in traction from a Mustang.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:51 AM
Scissor me timbers!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THE_ONE
Wow man, I was thinking nothing of the sort. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings and you had to sit there and type all that to get it out. I will try to keep my comments more structured from here on out. If you hate the music so bad you should march down to the stations playing it with your confederate flags and protest
Copy and paste really And I dont care what it is.Just annoying when people play the same damn shit all night long.And yeah sure,im a confederate redneck w/e floats your boat.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 AM
eh, such as life

Yeah but then you would be wrong. Domestics started turbocharging as a means to move heavy ass chasis around, its about weight and efficiency back then. Hey what do I know
reguardless of what you think there reason was to turbo charge is irrelevent. They still went fast first. duh.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by Da1andonlyjinx
reguardless of what you think there reason was to turbo charge is irrelevent. They still went fast first. duh.
Your still incorrect, the only way that statement has any truth to it is if your comparing it to a time where there where no turbo imports in the US
Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 AM
*Turbo Interceptor*

Originally Posted by Krautburner
Copy and paste really And I dont care what it is.Just annoying when people play the same damn shit all night long.And yeah sure,im a confederate redneck w/e floats your boat.
Never said redneck, damn its still obvious that your still butthurt, I already appologized once. Oh well to each there own
Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
eh, such as life

Your still incorrect, the only way that statement has any truth to it is if your comparing it to a time where there where no turbo imports in the US
Thats my point, it was during a time when imports used turbo for performance and were available in the U.S., the domestics just went faster.

The 1981 280ZX Turbo did a lot to resurrect enthusiasm for Datsun's (in the process of becoming Nissan) "sports car." Offered only as a two-seat coupe, the Turbo had a Garrett compressor blowing 7.3 psi of boost into the 2.8-liter six to bring total output up to a respectable 180 horsepower. That dropped the 0-to-60-mph time into the low 7-second range and put quarter-mile times back into the 15s. The normally aspirated '81 ZX also got a slight increase in its compression ratio to bring its total output to 145 horsepower, thus improving its acceleration from crummy to almost passable.

In a comparison test against the '86 Toyota Supra, Mazda RX-7 Turbo and Dodge Conquest TSi, Motor Trend wrote, "In a four-car contest somebody has to finish 4th. The 300ZX Turbo has a mouthwatering engine, producing 200 smooth, effortless horsepower, but it is handicapped by its mediocre-at-best chassis…. The 300ZX suspension doesn't control pitch motion adequately, body roll is only slightly better and it's the combination of these motions that limits the car's handling performance. Even in steady-state cornering conditions like the skid pad, the 300ZX is almost 10-percent slower, at 0.80 g, than the others." Still, the '86 300ZX with its single turbo was decently quick, making the trip from zero to 60 mph in just 7.5 seconds with the quarter-mile going by in 15.9 ticks for Motor Trend. Datsun/Nissan Z Cars

well here is just a couple cars that had turbo for performance in the 80's and available in the U.S.

Mitsubishi Starion, Mazda RX-7, Nissan 300zx turbo, toyota mr2, toyota supra. shall i go on?

Last edited by Da1andonlyJinx; 10-31-2007 at 05:17 PM.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:23 PM
*Turbo Interceptor*

^^ Whatever man, you have your mind made up, I have better things to do... Outty