Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Subaru owners, speak up!

Old 03-08-2003, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah that is more than I am willing to pay at the moment. I will do the swap myself. Everything I do to my subie I do that way I can become more of an expert on the car. So tell me where do all the subie's meet anyone know. I live in Largo and looking to see some my fellow owners.
Old 03-13-2003, 06:33 PM

Actually there is a place in GA that did the swap in 60 hours I am not saying that is gonna take me that less amount of time but I am ready to have my car out of commission as long as I need. So far I have a price for an engine in the area $3200 and all I need is the ECU. Seems a bit pricey to me. I mean I can order the engine itself for 650 plus shipping or get a front clip for 1200 if it can be found. Let me know if you know of any importers around here.
Old 03-14-2003, 04:55 PM

Oh yeah I know I have looked into it and I actually do have all the tools at my disposal it is just I don't have another means of transportation at the moment so I am waiting til I can get my motorcycle then I will go ahead with the project. I want to redo the whole engine and make sure everything is in the right place it looks immaculate when I am done. Does anyone know where all the subie's meet on the weekends if they do?
Old 03-17-2003, 11:31 AM
1337 H4x0r

I just noticed this thead and figured I might as well join fun.

I have some pictures up here: http://www.majjix.com/gallery/wrx/

Current Modifications: HKS downpipe, ATR Uppipe, ThermoTech Exhaust Wrap/Sealant, Prodrive WRSport Muffler, Hacked Intake Silencer, Vivid Racing Crank Pulley, Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines, AXXIS Ultimates Brake Pad, Synthetic Brake Fluid, Express CEL Eliminator, STi Group-N Tranny/Engine/Pitch Mounts, Whiteline Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, KartBoy Short Shifer/Bushings, Autometer Sports Comp EGT, Boost, Oil Pressure Gauges mounted in the OEM center gauge pod, Yokohama AVS ES100(poop).

I'm currently working on putting together a manual intercooler mister for the summer weather. The STi water tank is bit more expensive than I expected so I'm still trying to source a 12L or 3.5L STi tank for a reasonable price.

I'm hoping to get a dyno tune and ECU reflash once the folks at Mastro figure out what they are doing with their new toys.
Old 03-17-2003, 04:16 PM
The thirst mutilator

Why do people not like it when other people take pictures of their car? This is something I don't get. I went to Gandy last week with my digi camera like usual and I saw this BEAUTIFUL WRX with the works (front mounted intercooler/sprayer, carbon fiber hood, gold rims, weight reduction, etc) and I asked politely if I could take a pic of the car and the owner simply said "uhhh, I rather you not". I was like "why?" and he said something along the lines of "I get kinda sick of people taking pics of my car". How the hell do you get sick of something like that? And it's not like he was being hounded for pictures and I didn't want to pose with his car or anything. I just wanted a pic of it to keep. I don't get it...
than lose a tiny shred of what I made this fiscal year"
-Nathan Explosion (Brendon Small)
Old 03-17-2003, 05:15 PM

He was just being a dick that was all. That has got to be the best compliment to have someone ask if they can take a pic of your car.