Subaru Tech All We'll Drive

Possible Blown Engine: Need Urgent Help

Old 01-11-2008, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seriously doubt anyone on ANY forum would recommend 75w90NS for motor oil....

Do better research next time and don't trust your friend's dad. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about or you misunderstood him.

Sucks you're in this situation but good luck on whatever you decide.

------------------------------
-2006 Subaru WRX Limited
-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt SS
Old 01-11-2008, 10:01 AM
frankenSTIen

Originally Posted by wrx_kid
with the way your goin man you better buy a bicycle bc honestly i dont think you have to maturity to deal with a high maintenance car.. i can get a sweet hook up on sum shocks and pegs..lol hey maybe a baseball card to make a cool sound for you..it can be like your wannabe bov..
...just as expected from a KID...what does this have to do anything with maturity??...I was misinformed, DEAL WITH IT!...how about you buy me the bike since you think I'm better of with one......I know I asked for help, but you're definitely not helping...

Originally Posted by Wrxgurl06
I seriously doubt anyone on ANY forum would recommend 75w90NS for motor oil....

Do better research next time and don't trust your friend's dad. He obviously doesn't know what he's talking about or you misunderstood him.

Sucks you're in this situation but good luck on whatever you decide.
...I know, I know...but what happened, happened...and the lesson has been learned...

~Kano~
[God Bless You]
Bugeye Mafioso #149 from www.ClubWRX.net

Subaru, friends included:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeoDkny6BBg
Old 01-11-2008, 10:17 AM

Just think of it as an opportunity to jump into a STi sb and have a nice torquey motor that would make a great dd. Just for reference, how much oil were you running in your motor? And fyi, that Redline lightweight shockproof is great rear end oil.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:27 AM
frankenSTIen

Originally Posted by 13Brotary
Just think of it as an opportunity to jump into a STi sb and have a nice torquey motor that would make a great dd. Just for reference, how much oil were you running in your motor? And fyi, that Redline lightweight shockproof is great rear end oil.

...yes, it is an opportunity...since I have a steady job...I'm gonna get a loan...and buy an STi engine...and pay it off monthly...

~Kano~
[God Bless You]

Old 01-11-2008, 11:22 AM

[quote=KanoWRX;4993606...yea, I might as well get a 2.5 block...any other parts he had to buy along with it??...[/quote]

yeah u gotta get a few more parts. although it bolts right on, u still need to get more. if u running on the stock turbo u might wanna think on getting a VF39 or higher. regarding the other parts im not %100 sure, but Manny might know, if not just pm WRXBDBY and he can tell u all he got for the conversion. then u gotta think about saving some money to beef up ur tranny.

Last edited by 1BDREX; 01-11-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:57 PM
WOMBAT Racing

Yes!! Please use this as a lesson learned the Very hard way. If you are unsure when maintaining your subaru, you can always call up Mastro Subaru and Talk to Will, Ray, or Manny and they will point you in the right direction.

Josh
Old 01-11-2008, 03:08 PM

Honeslty, if YOU dont know what kind of oil goes in your car you need to be on the fourms asking ppl.... US!

I Highly doubt 75W90 would even leave your oil pan. Its a heavy oil. Did you even look at the cap and see what it says 5W30.
Please look at your post, you responded to a reply saying redline oil was recommended.... But it says "transmission oil" MAN!....

I hope you dont own another subaru! Untill.... you atleast find out what kind of fucking oil to use....

Do you even know the difference between the engine and transmission?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
MPG FTW!

Let me know if you have any questions on anything.

Manny
Old 01-11-2008, 04:25 PM

my husband killed my car and he swore he wasn't hitting it hard....says it blew switching from 1st to 2nd in normal speed and my car had plenty of oil and good oil pressure....been sitting in the garage for almost 2 months now....subaru engines are not cheap and its no point to just change the bearings and then of course I need a clutch...sometimes I think I should have just stuck to my honda's...blow a motor you can pickup a block for a couple of hundred anywhere...
Old 01-11-2008, 05:42 PM
frankenSTIen

Originally Posted by 1BDREX
yeah u gotta get a few more parts. although it bolts right on, u still need to get more. if u running on the stock turbo u might wanna think on getting a VF39 or higher. regarding the other parts im not %100 sure, but Manny might know, if not just pm WRXBDBY and he can tell u all he got for the conversion. then u gotta think about saving some money to beef up ur tranny.
...well I have warranty on my engine, hopefully that fixes all...

Originally Posted by WhiteGhost2.5
Yes!! Please use this as a lesson learned the Very hard way. If you are unsure when maintaining your subaru, you can always call up Mastro Subaru and Talk to Will, Ray, or Manny and they will point you in the right direction.

Josh
...I sure will...I think i'm setting an appointment over at Mastros to all that needs to be done...

Originally Posted by ryan_west06
Honeslty, if YOU dont know what kind of oil goes in your car you need to be on the fourms asking ppl....US!

I Highly doubt 75W90 would even leave your oil pan. Its a heavy oil. Did you even look at the cap and see what it says 5W30.
Please look at your post, you responded to a reply saying redline oil was recommended.... But it says "transmission oil" MAN!....

I hope you dont own another subaru! Untill.... you atleast find out what kind of fucking oil to use....

Do you even know the difference between the engine and transmission?
...I usually research any old posts first before I ask...well you're Highly wrong, it leave my oil pan...yes, I looked at the cap today......wow, you're a high definition of a donkey's synonym...ASS......and for the record I didn't freakin change the oil...some other guy did at his house....he's the tard that doesn't know where the motor and tranny is......get it straight......

Originally Posted by xxBoost Junkiexx
Let me know if you have any questions on anything.

Manny
...I'll pm you if anything...thanks...

Originally Posted by blackturbocivic
my husband killed my car and he swore he wasn't hitting it hard....says it blew switching from 1st to 2nd in normal speed and my car had plenty of oil and good oil pressure....been sitting in the garage for almost 2 months now....subaru engines are not cheap and its no point to just change the bearings and then of course I need a clutch...sometimes I think I should have just stuck to my honda's...blow a motor you can pickup a block for a couple of hundred anywhere...

...I agree...hopefully my warranty covers everything...

~Kano~
[God Bless You]