The Projects Watch out in this hood ! Current And Past Ford Project Topics Only.

P-86 Mustang

Old 05-07-2009, 05:27 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i can help you with the cannon plugs, i look at them all day

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Infidel

Originally Posted by DEATH ZEPPELIN
i can help you with the cannon plugs, i look at them all day

Ohhh your the man! I was looking at the Bayonet/GT/ACA-B Series, 13 contact #24-58 (from PeiGenesis.com). I just dont have the know how/tools to put the contacts together. What do you think?

I have the following wires that will go from the firewall into the engine bay:
1.Power point 8ga
2.Horn 12 ga
3.Wiper 12 ga
4.Headlights 16ga
5.led lighting 16ga
6.Cut off 16ga
7.Water temp 16ga
8.Oil press 16ga
9.Hei 16ga

Old 05-08-2009, 11:08 AM
previously SLOWBOOST

i actually have a shit load of pins laying around somewhere for cannon plugs too. that looks simple enough, the hardest part is soldering the pins on the wires....and thats not too hard.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Infidel

I picked up a el-cheapo paint gun today. This type is what a lot of military vehicle restorers recommended as its cheap and sprays heavy paint like the Gillespie.
Here is a quote about military paint from Steel Soldiers:
I recently attended my first MVPA national convention. What an eye-opener! For every bad thing I saw, there were 50 good things. Im just going to talk about one bad thing. Paint jobs. I served in the military all of my adult life. I have seen paint jobs on brand new delivered from the factory trucks. I have seen paint jobs on trucks just back from depot level refurbishment. I have seen paint jobs by Private Pyle in the back of the Motor Pool who has obviously sniffed too much Xylene. I have seen every kind of paint job in between.
I have never seen paint jobs like those at the convention. The vast majority of the vehicles looked better than any military paint job in existence. Then there was the Humvee. Ah The Humvee. It was so stupendous that the guy restoring it must work for Orange County choppers or something like that. It was truly magnificent. What it was not however, was a military vehicle. Nothing like one. Not even close. No surprise, it won at least one major award. For what? It belonged in a custom car show, not an MV event. Do I sound jealous? Not at all. If I won the lottery, I would love to own it. I would drive it around the Ranch like a maniac, (as I do with all of my MVs) scratch the heck out of it, and laugh the whole time. Wait a second. Thats exactly how I behaved in the military.
Well I guess that there are different awards for different classes of MVs at these events. I would never allow one of my MVs to be judged. Unless I was assured that all of the judges were retired military who were vehicle mechanics. Since that will never happen, the only person that my MVs have to please is myself.
I thought that was great and those who were in the military know how "real" military were painted. That's the look I'm going for

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
Infidel

Picked up a Edelbrock Performer RPM today from cooper1990 on the cheap.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
THROTTLE STEER

Originally Posted by KAILUAZ
Picked up a Edelbrock Performer RPM today from cooper1990 on the cheap.
That's a nice intake for your 460 bro +1
Old 05-15-2009, 01:00 PM
Infidel

A few updates:
I found a Army crew chief that is going to get me some of those military piping labels. It should be fun to see if anyone notices.
Next (also posted in Ford Tech) I've been looking for a way to work on the undercarriage. Since I'm on a budget I cant afford a two thousand dollar car rotisserie. I cant do the two engine stands as I don't have enough length in the garage to close the garage door.
I did some searching and found this. You cant get much simpler.

Old 05-15-2009, 01:04 PM
THROTTLE STEER

Originally Posted by KAILUAZ
A few updates:
I found a Army crew chief that is going to get me some of those military piping labels. It should be fun to see if anyone notices.
Next (also posted in Ford Tech) I've been looking for a way to work on the undercarriage. Since I'm on a budget I cant afford a two thousand dollar car rotisserie. I cant do the two engine stands as I don't have enough length in the garage to close the garage door.
I did some searching and found this. You cant get much simpler.
That's some cheap cool shit...I like it Hell yeah
Old 05-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Infidel

Originally Posted by 460 TZILLA
That's some cheap cool shit...I like it Hell yeah
Yeah, make sure you health insurance is up to date and I'll call you to help me roll it!

I don't see why this wouldn't work and its super cheap. I might go with the 2x6 and 1" plywood. I think I'll start on it this weekend.

Last edited by KAILUAZ; 05-15-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:07 PM
WIRE IT HOT!

Thats cool shiz for sure! +1