Photography & Graphics Got a cool photoshop? Need a signature?

Photographer Needed: College of The Arts

Old 02-23-2009, 12:13 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Photographer Needed: College of The Arts

Just received this email figured I'd post if someone is interested. Any money now a days is good money.

Attention:

The College of The Arts (formerly College of Visual & Performing Arts) is looking for an event photographer for the remainder of the spring semester and for the fall semester. Duties include photo shoots for public relations needs, event photography for luncheons, receptions, and for performances and events. Must have previous event photography experience. Must have own equipment (digital camera and zoom lens(es) required, high speed lens desired). Starting pay is $10 per hour, average event lasts 4 hours, and minimum schedule includes 20 events. Please submit resume, portfolio, and camera and lens make to Ashleigh Gallant by mail or email no later than March 13:

4202 E. Fowler Ave FAH 110
Tampa, Fl 33647

agallant@arts.usf.edu
Old 02-23-2009, 12:49 PM

Nice post. If I had the time I would be all over it
Old 02-23-2009, 05:10 PM
Post Deleting Expert.

Michael. will be all over this.
Old 02-24-2009, 04:47 AM
I'm a Photographer!

Yes indeed!

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 PM

dont short change yourselves guys. Ask for more money.
My Website: www.powersimagery.com
My Job: Vegas Magazine | Retna LTD | Tao/Lavo/Marquee Las Vegas
Old 02-24-2009, 06:00 PM
TR Canon Representative!

Originally Posted by StreetRacingOnline
dont short change yourselves guys. Ask for more money.
+10000

$10 an hour? I wouldn't even charge my batteries for that.

Ever shot an event reception? It sucks.

I hope you're not shy because you're going to be running from table to table like a photography salesman. Think of the photographers on cruise ships running around at dinner every night.

Hopefully, they will give you a free meal or some more incentive to do these. Plus, if you're dialed in for a minimum of 20 events, I hope they're worth while.

In the end, I guess any money is better than no money.

Just my 2 cents, good luck regardless.

Last edited by Rockfreak300; 02-24-2009 at 06:02 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:18 PM

i just shot a birthday party at 350 an hour... FYI...

if you know what you are worth than get what you are worth. If you are worth 10/hr well more power to you.

Just remember... Gas to the event $$, Post Processing $$, Time $$, Wear on Equipment $$, Media to provide to company $$. Will you be making any money at the end of the day? you are only gauranteed $40 per gig. And thats nothing in the photo world.

Even portrait studio people in the mall make more than that, and they dont process or use their own equipment.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:22 PM

they're just trying to sucker in some young photog into shooting their events for nothing, $40 per event is a slap in the face

Old 02-24-2009, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by btuner
they're just trying to sucker in some young photog into shooting their events for nothing, $40 per event is a slap in the face
exactly! i just want to make sure that everyone knows how low that is. And not to get screwed.

Many people think photo job AWESOME!!!! but if it ends up costing you money F THAT! Most folks dont realize what they actually put into the photos. Time, travel, equipment.

Being a working/published photographer means nothing unless you are getting PAID!!! Remember that kids, GET PAID!!!!!!!

Again know your worth. Alot of you guys are pretty good. you should get paid way more than whats on the table right now. If you are an entry level photog been shooting less than 90 days you should still be getting atleast a flat rate of $100 for a 4 hour event. That should cover expenses and pocket about $30-40 of profit.

some of you guys should be gettign atleast $50/hr. Especially Michael, you are a wedding photog are you not? Would you shoot a wedding for 10/hr? I doubt it, events are events. Treat them as such.

At minimum in my town decent photogs are getting 100-150/hr. Im on the higher end of the spectrum (minimum 200/hr with atleast 3 hours, higher end is around 350-500/hr minimum 2hrs), not because im better than them, but rather i know my worth (im consistent and will deliver) and im pretty good at self marketing.

Last edited by StreetRacingOnline; 02-24-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm a Photographer!

I'm not technically a wedding photog. I've just lucked out and got some good shots haha I mean I know what I'm doing with them, but its been a year since I was in the "wedding" setting, but I'll find out how all that goes this weekend. I'll shoot any and everything. I know I should be getting more, and I will be talking to these people about it. At this rate I just wanna get into something. Still not getting paid at the school paper so a little extra cash here and there, I'm good with that. Again, like I said, I will be submitting for this gig and will have plenty of questions and concerns to bring up with them...

Originally Posted by Petitt
Please take a look at our Photography section with your friend, and take some notes.