Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run

Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 AM
Because race car…

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is soooo cool bump...
Nerd's Eye View: The MCA Suspensions "Hammerhead" Silvia S13
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM

On the topic of Dragon runs...What spare parts should I bring? I am rockin a dual cam KA with unknown mileage and a "healthy" appetite for oil...lol. I put 2500 miles a month on this car for the last 6 with minimal issues, however I am NOT getting stuck...lol

In my trunk right now I have

Alternator
ECU
MAF
Dizzy
Igniter/coil
Fuel pump
Injectors
EFI harness

Should I bring any other spare parts?
Old 01-29-2013, 11:57 AM
Because race car…

You should not need any thing more. Goodness me. AAA might be a good investment for you to easy your mind. I personally have never brought any where near as much. Plus, the good thing about going in group is you'll have help and support.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Upper/lower radiator hose and a couple of gallons of water/antifreeze. Highly doubt that you will need the igniter and coil.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:23 PM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

If you have problems, what ever you don't bring is what you will need. This is why the only thing I brought when we drove to Kansas City and back was a AAA card. Thankfully it wasn't needed.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:11 PM

^lol. I dunno I guess Im being paranoid. And I had all that stuff lying around anyway so why not throw it in a box. I think at this point Id need to throw a rod through the block to not make it back heh
Old 01-29-2013, 06:13 PM
I <3 usdm

Don't say that or you will throw a rod lol.

I personally like to carry around extra suspension bolts as well.

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:28 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Originally Posted by omgosh
I think at this point Id need to throw a rod through the block to not make it back heh
Bring a couple of extra rods as well
Old 01-29-2013, 07:04 PM
Because race car…

I like Tom's way of thinking. Plus you have got to have confidence in what youre driving. If you dont, and I'm being serious here, you really need to reconsider if you should be taking on such a trip.

It is rewarding, but its also demanding. I did in once in my blue 240sx that only had upgraded shocks and lowering spring and had a blast...but returned the following year with a car that was ready to truly drive. Once you've driven it you'll see what I mean.

Last edited by rhart; 01-30-2013 at 04:28 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:11 AM
buildin' it

Originally Posted by Tom N
If you have problems, what ever you don't bring is what you will need. This is why the only thing I brought when we drove to Kansas City and back was a AAA card. Thankfully it wasn't needed.
This.
Originally Posted by rhart
I like Tom's way of thinking. Plus you have got to have confidence in what youre driving. If you dont, and I'm being serioud here, you really need to reconsider if you should be taking on such a trip.
and this.
In all honesty, if something breaks on the road, then the best tool is going to be a tow truck. AAA is stupid cheap. Buy it. no seriously, get it. Even if it is just to get the car to a safe place until you can go back for it.
I've been on too many trips in cars that weren't exactly up to par. Most of the time, they did just fine, but when they did break, it wasn't something that I was going to be able to repair on the side of the road. Patch job, maybe, but really repair, not so much.
Originally Posted by omgosh
^lol. I dunno I guess Im being paranoid.
being paranoid for the sake of being paranoid is one thing. Actually rather normal if you've not taken your car on a big trip. BUT, if you are paranoid because you doubt your car, then that car needs to stay home. You doubt it for a reason. Don't be foolish and think that, that reason isn't actually there if it really is. If something isn't healthy and might break, then get it fixed before the trip, or don't go.
You can bring as many extra parts as you want, but if you have those parts because you think that the ones on the car are going to break, then you need to work on getting your car up to par.
sounds harsh, but that's the reality of it.
Too many people drive/beat on cars everyday without taking care of the little issues, like loose suspension bolts, or a failing coil, or a nasty oil leak, etc etc etc. They manage to get away with it for a long time, but then once things start breaking, everything goes with it. That's why cars like ours get a bad reputation. You can't expect a 20 year old car to hold up if you don't take care of it.

Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon Nissan/240sx Run