Old 12-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan bringing back the 240sx?

NEW 240SX | GT Channel
Old 01-11-2013, 09:07 AM
Because race car…

Im hoping for a better effort if they do build it again. This photo has been floating around the net for a while and i dont know about you but I dont feel the same sort of BRZ-FRS vibe. Specs would be nice but all we get is what if's. THe market is there. Build it right and they will come.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:29 AM
Non DSM.....DSM guy

I agree. I like the look of the BRZ-FRS better than this picture. The grill is to big IMO.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:49 AM
Because race car…

Spot on my man! It looks too "thick". The design screams family sedan or G38(or what have you) much more that "i'm a toss-able, light, and quick sports coupe. And the BRZ and FRS have that stamped all over themselves.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:23 PM

New altima coupe econo? Considering the altima used to have to 2.4 it could be called a 240sx or maybe even the new sentra 2d??

That picture would make more sense for both of those rather than the new S chassis....

It's too big and bulky and looks like it weighs 3500lbs.
1993 black s13 convertible (beach cruiser)
Old 01-18-2013, 02:10 AM
buildin' it

the article calls it the "new 240sx" not nissan. It would be merely the replacement for the 240sx.
It isn't an S-chassis... cause well, it isn't built on an s chassis.
For a long time, the S chassis was the "poor man's Z car"
This would be the same basic idea.
Even in the article, it talks about how the chassis is designed around the current Z car chassis. So it is basically going to be a slow looking, probably more ugly, overly bloated, cheap 370Z.
IF what that article says is true, then it is likely that the car will be a bit bigger than the BRZ.
Bigger isn't better when you're trying to build a lightweight sports car.
The article also talks about a few engine choices, which put the power right around the 200hp mark... sounds cool, but if you need boost to get 200 HP out of a modern engine, you're doing something wrong.
The 1.8 liter engine they reference would have to be built up from Nissan to get 200 hp out of it, which means it is already "built" there isn't much more potential there (within reason)
stepping down to the 1.6 is cute, but again, you're loosing even more potential.
Something they did right when making the BRZ/FRS was that they built it to be modded. They built it to have potential. They didn't put an engine in it that was already making 80% of what was possible. They used an engine design that left the door open for more power.
Could one built the 1.8 liter up and make more power? Sure. Eventually. But would you want to? dollar for dollar, would it be worth it? I doubt it.
considering all of the concept pictures floating around out there, you can pretty much bet money on this car having a very fat, bloated, Altima feel about it.
And given how Nissan has done things in the last several years, I wouldn't expect anything other than that. Look at the 370z. poor interior build quality. Cheap feel to it everywhere you turn. It doesn't inspire. Nissan built a car for a poorly devised demographic. They didn't build it for the enthusiast. They didn't build it for the tuners. They built it for 40+ year old men, with kids that are old enough that they don't need a "family car" anymore, and the guy wants a "fun" car.

Would I like to see Nissan step up their game and produce something to, at the very least, rival the BRZ? Hell yes.
But the car they are talking about, isn't going to do it.