How do you make your steak??

Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM
Mad180sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do you make your steak??

How do you make your steak?? What kind of steak do you like?

Do you marinate it? With what? For how long? What other seasonings do you use?

How do you like your steak?? Rare, medium rare, medium, medium well, well done...

My dad aquired a slab of fillet. Going to cook some tonight, just wondering how everyone cooks theirs. Maybe if your little recipe sounds good i may try it out.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:49 AM

Medium, garlic powder, seasoned salt, cut slits in it and cover that bish in franks buffallo sauce while its cooking. Its delicious when Im done.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:01 AM
no

Never pierce a steak... that's a big no no. It lets all of the juices out of the meat then it will taste like a tire. Depending on the cut of meat, thickness and marbling (fat content). You'll want to season accordingly. For the NY strip and T-Bone a cast iron skillet is best for cooking. Make sure the steaks are thawed before you try and cook them. Take them out and let them rest for approximately 15 minutes before cooking. I like to rub the steak with extra virgin olive oil before cooking sprinkle with a little sea salt (non iodized because it tastes better) and crush peppercorns over them with a grinder. I sear each steak for about 2 minutes per side using a tongs to flip and the pop into a 400 deg. F preheated oven for about 5-7 minutes for medium rare. After cooking let put a pat of butter on the meat and wrap in foil for four minutes to allow the meat to rest. This is important because the steak is still cooking after you remove it from the oven.

For thicker less fatty cuts of meat it is okay to season them. Some would say to use apple cider vinegar, or red wine vinegar but you have to keep in mind that the vinegar is acidic (acetic acid) and can actually cook your meat while marinating it. Garlic, onion powder, rosemary, and bay leaf are good seasoning choices. Try not to overwhelm the meat though, you want it to maintain it's steakyness.

For Fillet Mignon which has very high fat content, and is among the most tender cuts of steak it is important not to overcook it. I prefer Balsamic glaze on mine
  1. Sprinkle freshly ground pepper over both sides of each steak, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
  2. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine. Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
  3. Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
You can cook in the same manner as above substituting the balsamic vinegar for marsala wine, butter, and shittake mushrooms with spiced rum for sweet flavoring. Saute the mushrooms with the marsala wine, rum and butter until it begins to caramelize slightly and serve over cooked fillet. (Don't forget to let the meat rest to lock flavor in!)

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:03 AM
no

Steak fries, asparagus, creamed spinnach and flame roasted corn on the cobb are good sides for a good steak dinner.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:15 AM

The way I cut slits and the time I do It i have never suffered any ill consequences as far as tasting like a tire or anything. I usually wait to do it and do it on the top when its almost done cooking, only 1 or 2 small slits to help hold the sauce on top. I like to experiment and that combo is one of my favorites.

Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM
February - Ride of the Month

this thread made me hungry.

fuckers.

RIP Tim Aldrich
"..watch this cool documentary on bums racing shopping carts downhill, and making a living off of selling bottles. living the dream."

Old 04-26-2010, 08:47 AM
no

Originally Posted by tuner1989
The way I cut slits and the time I do It i have never suffered any ill consequences as far as tasting like a tire or anything. I usually wait to do it and do it on the top when its almost done cooking, only 1 or 2 small slits to help hold the sauce on top. I like to experiment and that combo is one of my favorites.
It all depends on the cut of meat. It is okay to poke and slice leaner meat, however the more flavorful steaks (fatty ones) You want to try and keep as much of the natural juice in the meat as possible or else it WILL dry out and taste like chewing leather. I'm pretty sure this argument has been going on since humans first started consuming cows... lol I'm not bashing you at all. A chef would probably have a heart attack if he saw you stab a piece of fillet mignon, NY Strip, or T-Bone before cooking it. (This doesn't apply to Hibachi)

Old 04-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Mad180sx

WTF is in your sig^^??

I never cut slits into fillets or ribeyes. Personally i think the ribeye is better than the fillet. Holds more of the juices in.

Had the outback teriaki glaze fillet the other day. Want to know how they cook their shit. It tastes soooo amazing.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:08 AM
no

Incentive not to enter into colorectal surgical sub-specialties. That is the result of a massive fecal impaction.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:50 AM
nearly undead

Originally Posted by xpinoyxmk
Personally i think the ribeye is better than the fillet. Holds more of the juices in.
^agreed.

and if anyone eats pork steaks, youve got to try this seasoning called pork rub. its AMAZING.

FAX
Originally Posted by Shadytrixta1
lulwhat? where? custom gutted? didnt know that was a mod unless of course we're talking vtec!
Originally Posted by sean1
if it has tits or wheels its gonna cost lots of money