Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

So you want Ac in your SR car?

Old 10-06-2012, 03:27 PM
no

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine fit like a glove and wasn't cobbled together. I wouldn't exactly call removing the ka ac clutch easy with the engine in the car. Furthermore please do tell how it's possible to install a s14 ka compressor into an s13 without purging the system..?

Cliff's notes:

S14 ka compressor already in S14: pulley can be swapped and redtop bracket used.

S13 chassis with SR needs S14 Ka compressor / pulley swap and redtop bracket + magic to install without disconnecting lines.

Basically you're saying it's a better decision to purge a perfectly working s13 AC system replace it with a hybrid S14ka / S13 ac compressor and bolt it back together. (Tracking down a red top SR A/C bracket spending $165 for a new compressor and whatever it takes to re-charge the system) VS spending $70-$110 on the corresponding conversion bracket for your car and bolting on your existing compressor (accomplishing the same thing)? No thanks... Call me cheap.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:34 PM
Doesnt see what you did

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
Mine fit like a glove and wasn't cobbled together. I wouldn't exactly call removing the ka ac clutch easy with the engine in the car. Furthermore please do tell how it's possible to install a s14 ka compressor into an s13 without purging the system..?
From what i've seen they use 2 bolts to hold the compressor on, the factory uses 4, thats cobbled, anyway you cut it.

Yes indeed the not removing the gas only works for 14's, so your target point is for the few cars that still have working systems, with quite a few miles on them, probably on their way out soon, to go to a cobbled together setup, instead of just putting a newer compressor on, with all factory mounting.

Cliff's notes:

S14 ka compressor already in S14: pulley can be swapped and redtop bracket used.

S13 chassis with SR needs S14 Ka compressor / pulley swap and redtop bracket + magic to install without disconnecting lines.
Yes indeed the S13 chassis needs to be done via removing the lines, it also is going to be something on a high mileage car where its time for the system to be at a minimum flushed, cleaned perfectly, and done anyway due to its age. Moot point.

Basically you're saying it's a better decision to purge a perfectly working s13 AC system replace it with a hybrid S14ka / S13 ac compressor and bolt it back together. (Tracking down a red top SR A/C bracket spending $165 for a new compressor and whatever it takes to re-charge the system) VS spending $70-$110 on the corresponding conversion bracket for your car and bolting on your existing compressor (accomplishing the same thing)? No thanks... Call me cheap.
Yes i'm saying its far better to just buy the $165 compressor for those with earlier cars, rather than buying a $100 bracket to half-ass the old 140,000 mile compressor on, and then have to replace it 3 months later and still doing the re-charge etc.

Last edited by Z28ricer; 10-06-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Doesnt see what you did

Originally Posted by KendallH
Still no easy way to do it with those of us who have sohc chassis haha. I'm getting all SR components and having the lines weleded, hopefully that will work.
Convert, youre better off having everything else being designed for use with 134 anyway.
full on track cars can take a lot more liberties with shit than a street car. bell bottom kits and crazy wheel fitment look cool sliding on a track, but when i want to drive to taco bus, im going to ruin all of that shit. so it just doesnt work for me. function over fashion.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
also, im about to blow my moderator status by deleteing all of davids posts
R.I.P. Tim

SR, RB, and LS1 into S13/14 harnesses converted.

SR 13/13- $120, 13/14 or 14/13 $180
RB $200
LS1 $250
Old 10-06-2012, 07:42 PM
no

The conversion brackets use 4 bolts dude... lol Maybe you saw a hank frank imitation. All they are is a plate that has offset holes. They retain the stock AC bolts. It's no different than using a spacer. Look on the codyace website and you'll see they aren't as bunk as you make them out to be. I can see the merits of doing it your way on an S13 though.

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Old 10-06-2012, 09:03 PM
Doesnt see what you did

Now he's on revision 4, looks like almost all of it has been sorted out, but just like stated on his site, he's finally thinking it clears all oil pans and swaybars, like I said there were fitment issues.

If you want to stack brackets on brackets, go for it.

I'll stick to making it work exactly like factory, with factory parts, sometimes things were already done right the 1st time.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:32 AM

on my s13 I use the Codyace kit . went together real easy. also no custom compressor needed. car was weird from the get go. it already had an s14 compressor in it.
i didn't have to discharge the system when i did the sr swap.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:27 PM
i has double turbo

ill just leave this here

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:38 PM

nice! but try that during the summer! lol
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 AM

I dont think thats from when it was just cold out.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:15 AM

When I did my sr swap I used my black top bracket and a s13dohc compressor only one hole lines up wich is the front lower one then I got the compressor sittinv level and marked the top rear hole on the bracket drilled it out and tapoed the bracket then set 2washers in between the compressor and bracket tightend it uo and called it a day

Yes I know this means I only have 2 bolts holding my compressor on but I didnt have to buy any conversion just bolt it up it has been this way for close to 40k with no issues

Last edited by 87redz13; 03-18-2013 at 04:18 AM.