Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

So you want Ac in your SR car?

Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 PM
i has double turbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So you want Ac in your SR car?

i know a good 75% of the people in the area with SR's dont have air conditioning, so im posting this to show the people who dont know this way how to do it.
this is tommy's way(z28ricer), you use the redtop bracket, a s14 ac compressor, with a s13 dohc pulley installed onto it. you need to use the s14 pulley bearing and clutch. after this the compressor will bolt straight onto the redtop bracket with all 4 bolts, and be perfectly aligned with the crank pulley and tensioner, and s14 and s13 dohc ac lines bolt right on.
for those of you who cant understand this or dont want to swap it yourself, i have a contact at an ac shop who will sell you a reman ac compressor, with the work already done to it for $165 shipped via ups. so this is 100% buy and bolt on if you have a dohc ac system. if you would like to buy one contact jon Gelinski at jong_jensenauto@sbcglobal.net and tell him Sean sent you. below are some pictures of the compressor-

the reman ac compressor with the s13 dohc pulley, s14 pulley bearing and clutch-

the reman compressor compared to a oem s14 ac compressor-

here is the installation procedure-
*this is a redtop block

*bolt the redtop bracket onto your SR

*bolt ac compressor on with all 4 bolts

its as easy as that!

my honda sounds like a lawnmower, because it is one.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:29 PM

Excellent info....I was under the impression you needed custom lines!

What kinda warranty are we talkin about on the compressors? Im wanting to go SR this winter and will NEED ac next year lol.
Old 09-27-2012, 05:50 PM
i has double turbo

the good thing about buying it from my guy and having him do the pulley swap, you still get the warranty. i would assume if you buy just a s14 compressor then start swapping stuff around, most places would not give you a warranty since you have modified it. it came with a 1 year warranty, but the paper work says it must be installed by an ase tech(im pretty sure every place is like that lol)

Old 09-27-2012, 06:56 PM
JDM cavaliers

Still no easy way to do it with those of us who have sohc chassis haha. I'm getting all SR components and having the lines weleded, hopefully that will work.

...and then I wondered why I was on Stanceworks forums...
Old 09-27-2012, 07:00 PM
no

This is a good option for guys without compressors already in their cars. You would have to be some kind of retarded to not buy codyace brackets if your car came with an un-purged system though....

http://www.sr20acbrackets.com/purchase.html

dont blame shift and make this about me. this is time you could be applying online to be a bagger at publix.

Last edited by mewantkouki; 09-27-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:09 PM
i has double turbo

Originally Posted by KendallH
Still no easy way to do it with those of us who have sohc chassis haha. I'm getting all SR components and having the lines weleded, hopefully that will work.
i have a sohc chassis, i just converted the whole system to dohc system, wasnt that hard

Old 09-29-2012, 02:16 PM

if you have the non fitting ac compressor get the correct line end brazed on your ka hoses. it costs 10-15 buck plus 134-a

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 09-29-2012, 05:50 PM

Who does that^? Ive called around and asked, no one wants to do it. I tried it myself but couldnt find a brazing rod with a high enough melting point.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:33 PM

thers a place in gainesville called tubes n hoses/ over drive automotive

they build all the ac lines i install for all the swaps i do

my lag is your courtesy head start

ATTENTION.... installing a head gasket, head studs or pistons and rods in your otherwise STOCK engine dose not make it a "built" engine! stop listing you cars for sale saying they are built when its not!!

Old 10-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Doesnt see what you did

Originally Posted by mewantkouki
This is a good option for guys without compressors already in their cars. You would have to be some kind of retarded to not buy codyace brackets if your car came with an un-purged system though....

Purchasing CodyAce SR20 Air Conditioning Bracket
Nah, you've got to be some kind of retarded to not just make the compressor bolt to the bracket and line up like stock, and instead buy some cobbled together setup that uses half the bolts, and often doesnt fit worth a crap.

( You can remove the pulley and swap it on without de-gassing the system)
full on track cars can take a lot more liberties with shit than a street car. bell bottom kits and crazy wheel fitment look cool sliding on a track, but when i want to drive to taco bus, im going to ruin all of that shit. so it just doesnt work for me. function over fashion.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
also, im about to blow my moderator status by deleteing all of davids posts
R.I.P. Tim

SR, RB, and LS1 into S13/14 harnesses converted.

SR 13/13- $120, 13/14 or 14/13 $180
RB $200
LS1 $250