Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Couple of electrical questions---s13

Old 10-04-2011, 05:17 PM
.....taste the rainbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple of electrical questions---s13

I swapped a dohc into a sohc chassis. I repinned the interior chassis harness to work off of the dohc engine harness. Everything is working fairly well w/ the cluster except for the speedo. The speedo is off 5mph. Now, question is, should I run the sohc or dohc speedo? It's a sohc interior chassis harness repinned to dohc.

Question number 2)
What are the other wires on the above mentioned plug? It's several various colored green wires for the most part. I know that they are not important to the cluster but I would still like to know what they pertain to.

Question number 3)
After doing my swap, when I open the door(s), w/ the car running, the clock turns off until the door is closed again. Then it resets. It also turns completely off when the keys is taken out of the ignition.

Question number 4)
My auto seatbelts do not function properly. When the key is in the acc mode, they work like they are supposed to...up/down, door opened/closed. When the key is not in the ignition the sliders do not move when you open the doors but will when the key is in acc. Any solutions? Does this make sense?

Last edited by KRUKED; 10-04-2011 at 05:25 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:01 AM
I <3 usdm

Sounds like some things that are supposed to get power even when the car is off(clock, seat belts) aren't working. I had an s13 like that but I never cared much. Also, when I went over my interior harness to remove wires, I remember pulling a lot of those green wires. So it could be for A/C, cruise control, or something else along those lines. And I believe you're supposed to use a dohc speedo when you do a dohc swap.

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:00 AM
.....taste the rainbow

The seat belt thing is annoying as shit. After living w/ something for 5yrs that worked properly and all of a sudden it doesn't function right, you still anticipate for it to do what it used to do. I want to just upgrade to the 180 seatbelts and plastics but I can find them anywhere...not even on eBay. I think that I might be spelling/searching for them the wrong way. It would make sense for the other wires to be for cruise control. But hell, I don't remember if this car had cruise control when I got it. I just started yanking shit out left and right the next day I had it home. I just got it on the road this past Saturday. You're right, you are supposed to use a dohc speedo on a dohc harness just thought that there might be some difference w/ the sub-harness. And it's funny because that beat up black hatch that I had, it was a dohc all the way through but my speedo was from a sohc and there wasn't one problem w/ it for the 4yrs that I had it in the cluster
Old 10-05-2011, 11:36 AM
I <3 usdm

If it was an SE model then it had cruise control. Just lurk zilvia.net's for sale section and you sometimes find manual seat belt swaps.

Originally Posted by whattadobo
People fucking suck, I'm selling my car and buying a treefort.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
shit got all davided up.