Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

VQ35 Engine Swap w/ stripped and tuned ECU

Old 08-03-2009, 01:48 PM
OG Join Date: 6-15-00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's pretty darn interesting.

1973 VW Squareback
1979 AMC Jeep Cherokee Chief

RIP Tim

Old 08-03-2009, 02:17 PM
NY Till I Die....

how'd you guys bypass the nats? did you guys modify the software to ignore the lack of? this is a godsend for those who were thining about this swap and got scared off by the amount of wiring they would have to do...

Originally Posted by Lime_Green_Hatch

$350,000 in 2 years... and all they had to show for it was some shitty hondas, lol.

R.I.P. Steven Daniel Berry a.k.a. Bush
Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Doesnt see what you did

Originally Posted by Epstein
Well obviously you'd use a key to start it. It's the same amount of security as any KA or SR. Ignition power and any pre 2000-ish motor will start.
Not sure on other antitheft stuff, but most gm stuff has been on the VATS signal going to the pcm since 93 or so.
full on track cars can take a lot more liberties with shit than a street car. bell bottom kits and crazy wheel fitment look cool sliding on a track, but when i want to drive to taco bus, im going to ruin all of that shit. so it just doesnt work for me. function over fashion.
Originally Posted by osama tim laden
also, im about to blow my moderator status by deleteing all of davids posts
R.I.P. Tim

SR, RB, and LS1 into S13/14 harnesses converted.

SR 13/13- $120, 13/14 or 14/13 $180
RB $200
LS1 $250
Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 PM
ΔxΔp ≥ h

Originally Posted by Nycist
how'd you guys bypass the nats? did you guys modify the software to ignore the lack of? this is a godsend for those who were thining about this swap and got scared off by the amount of wiring they would have to do...
Martins sisters uncles girlfriends college room mate is second step cousins, twice removed to Einstein and Wankel.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:53 PM

NATS lesson 101

NATS = nissan anti theft is pretty much a foolproof system that w/o expensive reprogramming stuff you just can't get rid of

NATS started in the US in 1999 as V 3.0... consisted of a NATS box which had a programmable portion and the ECU which had to be programmed with the same number.. which comes off of the key.. which a small FM trasmitter reads on your column.
Programmable only with a Consult 2 or 3 which we have.

2002.5+ was V 5.0 NATS which has a programmable BCM , ECU portion that has to match the key in the same fashion as the old NATS... but the BCM serial number has to be entered into a special Nissan cypher key program that gives you a modifier number that needs to be entered into the programming unit like consult 2 or 3.... its a double proof system.

or we just bypass everything by killing NATS and all of the millions of other codes the ECU tries to throw at you by not seeing the BCM , IPDM, VSS, ABS, ABCDEFG solenoid...

You get happy VQ revving on the ground not throwing any codes..

Martin
Old 08-03-2009, 03:56 PM
35.5 psi, stock sleeves

Bump for Martin... When it comes to these touchy 350's and g35's, this polak knows his shit!

Oh Sr's too haha
Www.PPETUNED.com <~~ WEBSITE
Curious on honda/acura Ecu Chipping and dyno tuning? Call or visit the website above. Hondata/Neptune/Ectune/Crome Pro. Tuning available for most other systems and platforms as well. DYNOJET
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 PM
Nicolai

hmmm i think my next project will have some vq souce in it... should start it soon, pm me an over all price that would cost me and lmk if u guys also have some engines around there.. also would have u guys do all the wiring... and what else is needed.

PBM fender roller for rent!!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Retired

Definitely don't want to install the ABCDEFG solenoid if its avoidable.

Talk about the e-throttle for us. For people who may be aprehensive about this and/or consider a manual throttle conversion (old ass Maxima or Q45 weld-on)... what's the response like with the factory calibration? What can you do in the ECU, and what price point would that fall in to?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 PM

so the e throttle thing has been a sticky point for a lot of "passionate" drivers. The motor has such little delay when configured properly, you CAN NOT tell the difference.
The problem is that Nissan builds in a delay between the pedal and throttle plate. I eliminate all that and do not let the motor prematurely start closing like they do from the factory to lessen the harshness of the rev limiter. The throttle response with my e-pedal mods are the first things all my retune customers notice.

Basically what happens is that if you turn on the Osiris logger to full tilt and it samples at .1s intervals, you can see a good bit of lag between your foot (throttle %) and throttle plate %. After the mods, the lag is so negligeble, it really looks like you are connected from the pedal to the throttle plate mechanically.

For the super purists I guess, I could setup a quadruple TPS switch (yes there are 4 of them) between the pedal and TB. and run it that way....

but why do that, when you can source a e-pedal for $50 from any yard and the money I charge for the harness job includes wiring it in... and the $450 includes a tune / e pedal mod / security / code removal.

Martin

Last edited by 180SX; 08-03-2009 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 07:46 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

makin moves