Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

Before i take it to the shop..... or drive it in a lake..

Old 06-10-2009, 04:42 PM
(OO\____/OO)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Before i take it to the shop..... or drive it in a lake..

took the S14 and it's SR out for it's first road day since the swap (only minor up and down road trips)... and didn't make it home.... drove into work just fine, lunch break boostin'... then on the way home... it's starts bucking, and bogging... OH NOES... home is 18 miles away, interstate... i have no idea what the prob is... but here's the symptoms if anyone can help me figure it out...

power steering hose, one of em, exploded the other day... that was fun, anyways, it prob sprayed all over the filter, and numerous other things...... this is just some background info that might be helpful...

okay... driving down the road, it's like I'm hitting a fuel cut randomly... missing or something, idle is rough, and sometimes smooth, then give it gas, and it acts like it's missing.. car runs and drives, cranks up like normal, but has those symptoms... now, it's a bit more aggressive than it sounds... as if my motor is dieing as I'm driving, but then comes back, dies, comes back stays smooth, then bucks/bogs...

i removed the air filter, thinking it may be clogged with PS fluid, and the engine acted like it wanted to die... then idled back up to normal...put the filter on and it surged...

during normal driving, the -hG should be around -10ish, give or take load... while cruising now, it sits at -21 and between -13 and -15 @ idle....

I'm leaning towards faulty MAF, but the ECU isn't throwing any trouble codes... I'm going to try and solve the problem with my 600CC injectors and Z32 MAF.. maybe that will help, i don't know....

it sucks having my baby parked in a wal mart parking lot over night... this will be the second night she'll be there... i may try to nurse her home, but I'm afraid of causing more damage...

could a stuck/seized turbo cause a problem like this? it has been making a funny noise from what sounds like inside the unit while boosting (rattle whistle is the best i can explain), and is getting laggy... and it's a low end built turbo...

CAS maybe? injectors?

sorry for the long post, but i try to be as detailed as possible for you guys....

Originally Posted by sean1
Shit'll buff out.
Old 06-10-2009, 04:53 PM

Did you look for boost leaks? If you blow an intercooler coupler it will do this. ITs possible a clamp was just a bit loose, coupler blew off and fell back into place, but is now leaking. Go pull on all of your piping near the connectors and make sure nothing is loose. Then check vaccume lines for leaks
Old 06-10-2009, 05:12 PM
(OO\____/OO)

vac lines were just replaced... they're no in the shape of the nipple.. hardened... don't know if that matters

i'll check all couplers tomorrow on my lunch break and see if that fixes anything.... i have leaving my baby girl at WAL MART of all places...

ya know, i've been needing to overhaul my FMIC couplers... and hot pipe...

sorry guys, still a bit new to boost...

Shit'll buff out.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Retired

Sounds like mafs, but like you said, no code. Jiggle the connector/wiring while it's on and see if that changes idle. Also, if PS fluid got on the mafs element, it would throw the readings WAY off. If you think that's the case, hose the mafs out with brake cleaner (or mafs cleaner) with the car off. Walmart should have that... lol.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Blah Blah Blah

well you seem to have my demons now.. thank god. so i had some similar issues. we tried to change the maf, filter, clean the maf, swapped the tps, changed the ecu (rom tune), and about 3000 other things. it turned out to be (MARTIN FOUND IT) the tps had a weak ground. so the tps was throwing signals ranging from .01 volts to 2 volts. any radical change can make it buck and hard, i have been there. the fix was SSSSSSSSSSsooooooooo simple.. try stripping back your tps wires and expose part of the tps ground wire and connect a good grounding wire to the ground wire on the tps to something solid.. as of yet, no issue at all. gl with your issue

edit: just to make sure, clear any codes that may be present.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:40 PM
BELOW M3

Originally Posted by Epstein
Walmart should have that... lol.
hahahaha
Old 06-10-2009, 07:23 PM
(OO\____/OO)

i'm not too too sure if they do... i know they got the CRC brake parts cleaner... but that's a good idea... i'm gonna bring my tools with me to work tomorrow and see if i cant get it right...

ryan/clawhammer... you wanna drive either one back home with me? truck or 240?

Shit'll buff out.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:28 PM
kings cannot fall.

ankle bracelet causing electrical interference?
Old 06-10-2009, 07:30 PM
(OO\____/OO)

bwahhahahahahahaha

no.....

i don't have that....

Shit'll buff out.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM
kings cannot fall.

oh. damn. sorry, that was all i got.