Nissan/Infiniti Tech SR20DET? RB26DETT? VQ35DE? What's it all mean? Find out here!

bad thermostat?

Old 08-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Sideways Maffia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that doesn't really make sense man...check that $4 sensor, just replace it...im pretty sure thats the problem.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:37 AM
Still Addicted to Boost

ya sensor is pretty shitty lookin....well on the twin cam its the little red one? im pretty sure looked it up and found a green one but sameshape and all that...and its $30...thanks for the help

jason
Old 08-23-2004, 04:49 AM

The sensor that corrolates to the dash gauge would be the smaller one...to the right of the larger one on the intake mani (located on the coolant passage). The large one has a squarish connector with a clip that hold it on and is for the ecu....the one to the dash has a single metal tab that the connector slides onto....hope that helps....

-Bill
Old 08-23-2004, 05:07 AM
Still Addicted to Boost

well i just took it for a drive and it ran fine all the way up to operating temp...and the needle didnt move once nor waz ther any steam blah blah...should i just bleed the whole system to be safe? and get a new cap and coolant temp sensor? i just want to make sure i get this problem fixed and over with...thanks

jason