Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Air Pump???

Old 02-05-2008, 11:04 AM
Vote for me

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude...........you coulda just asked me and I would have told you.

It's my car he's talking about.........not sure why this thread is up, told him I wasn't removing it because it wasn't worth it
"Just as I support my life, neither by robbery nor alms, but by my own effort, so I do not seek to derive my happiness from the injury or the favor of others, but earn it by my own achievement."
Old 02-05-2008, 11:27 AM
fails.....

Originally Posted by EnsenCorp
Dude...........you coulda just asked me and I would have told you.

It's my car he's talking about.........not sure why this thread is up, told him I wasn't removing it because it wasn't worth it
I just wanted to make sure the exact function. Everyone you talk to says something different. I wasn't really worried about taking it out. I was just more curious as to its function. Its kinda like taking the EGR and other emissions off of my car. It doen't make any different as far as power to the wheels goes, it just cleans the engine bay up drastically and makes working on anything much easier....
Old 02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
Vote for me

Go read the FSM, that's the only thing I've ever gotten straight answers from.
"Just as I support my life, neither by robbery nor alms, but by my own effort, so I do not seek to derive my happiness from the injury or the favor of others, but earn it by my own achievement."
Old 02-05-2008, 11:55 AM
fails.....

Go read the FSM, that's the only thing I've ever gotten straight answers from.
got a good on line/downloadable one?
I've not spent too much time looking but everyone I find is all retarded..
Old 02-05-2008, 12:23 PM
Vote for me

Index of /main/factory_service_manual/1989_1991
Old 02-05-2008, 12:30 PM
fails.....

well shit, there ya go...
I guess I've got a new book to read... lol...

I'm still curious if it can be taken advantage of... I'll know after the read...
Old 02-05-2008, 04:12 PM
Vote for me

Eh, too much bullshit to mess with I think. It's kinda like the idiots at the track that thought I had an e-fan and kept telling me to turn my key on to let it run. I wouldn't bother putting one in to begin with unless I was making room in the engine bay
Old 02-05-2008, 05:05 PM
fails.....

you know... it doesn't seem to be that bad of an idea actually... I'm still working out the bugs and what not on paper, but it looks like it can be done fairly easily... and with an added almost 2 psi at idle, it would make a difference... but, i'm still working it out on paper... so far, it is something I would do to my car...
Old 02-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Vote for me

?????????? How would removing it show gains?

And the reason my idle was still kinda fucking up after I adjusted the TPS was the air pump........got some bolts and a belt and hooked it back up. Not even sure if Fluffy or the guy before him disconnected it and left it hanging there.........but it was pretty fucking retarded.

Plus I still have the stock cat, so taking the air pump off would fuck that up

And last but not least, without it, the 6PI and VDI do not work whatsoever......

Now, the S4 motor I got sittin in the back will have the air pump removed as soon as I find a cheap roller (and the cash for one!)
Old 02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
fails.....

?????????? How would removing it show gains?

And the reason my idle was still kinda fucking up after I adjusted the TPS was the air pump........got some bolts and a belt and hooked it back up. Not even sure if Fluffy or the guy before him disconnected it and left it hanging there.........but it was pretty fucking retarded.

Plus I still have the stock cat, so taking the air pump off would fuck that up

And last but not least, without it, the 6PI and VDI do not work whatsoever......

Now, the S4 motor I got sittin in the back will have the air pump removed as soon as I find a cheap roller (and the cash for one!)

no, not removing it. re-routing it to make it work for the motor...

I'm thinking that the air pump being disconnected like that was just an added problem.. I'm worried that it might just be covering up the issue.. I don't understand how that would have gotten worse and worse ya know...
and the whole cat getting fucked up thing isn't a direct issue. The cat gets clogged up because the 5th and 6th ports are open all the time, which means there is actually too much fuel in the lower RPMs. therefore, there is fuel in the exhaust which in turn burns up the cat. the air pump actually just heats the cat up quicker so it starts to work sooner...