Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Miata buying spree!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 05:44 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I have right now for my one of 7's are 215/50/13 on 13x7 wheels.

Check out some panasports or Rota makes a panasport replica wheel.
Rotas has ALOT of wheels that would look bad ass on yoru car cause of the 4x100 lug pattern,but offset is the key.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:05 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by Rotary7
On the air filter,did you change the air tube and going with a cone set up or stock style K&N drop in?
Still have OEM stock intake. I know a guy with a CNC machine in his garage so I'm going to get him to make an adapter for me...I'll be using my HKS craptacular filter from the Supra. Biggest problem right now is that there is no room for it with my strut tower bar, so one of these days I'm going to find a way for it to fit. Might have to replace some of the cross over tubing.

Did you check racingbeat for parts?
Racingbeat is mostly RX7 and/or expensive. I sourced my stuff from everywhere but. Most of it was either Moss or a dealership.

Also, I already bought the Rotas and waiting shipment. The car flat out is getting 225/50R16 tires all around with 16x6.5" Rotas, thats fixed Panasports are ugly anyways.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 01-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
Still have OEM stock intake. I know a guy with a CNC machine in his garage so I'm going to get him to make an adapter for me...I'll be using my HKS craptacular filter from the Supra. Biggest problem right now is that there is no room for it with my strut tower bar, so one of these days I'm going to find a way for it to fit. Might have to replace some of the cross over tubing.

Racingbeat is mostly RX7 and/or expensive. I sourced my stuff from everywhere but. Most of it was either Moss or a dealership.

Also, I already bought the Rotas and waiting shipment. The car flat out is getting 225/50R16 tires all around with 16x6.5" Rotas, thats fixed Panasports are ugly anyways.
Theres adaptors on ebay and now autozone that im sure you can use for your car.You might just have to redrill some holes.

RB does sell Miata parts.

225 are not to wide for 6 1/2 wheels?

Panasports are classic race wheels.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 01-14-2007, 06:18 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Theres adaptors on ebay and now autozone that im sure you can use for your car.You might just have to redrill some holes.
Yes, I've seen those. I'll basically be making my own version. Either way, theres no room for it with my strut tower bar.

RB does sell Miata parts.
Yes, most notably their exhaust, but otherwise I can look elsewhere for the same thing just cheaper.

225 are not to wide for 6 1/2 wheels?
That was something I wasnt sure about, so I did some research, and apparently I'll be okay. Took some searching to find it in 6.5 as opposed to 7, but from what I read it'll work.

Panasports are classic race wheels.
They can be as classic as baseball, they are still ugly

Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 01-14-2007, 06:56 AM
eats babies

GODDAM, just looking at those prices you paid makes my OWN ass hurt
Old 01-14-2007, 07:15 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by FC3Cturbo
GODDAM, just looking at those prices you paid makes my OWN ass hurt
What, did you get shafted on similar items?

Old 01-14-2007, 07:23 AM
eats babies

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
What, did you get shafted on similar items?
hellz no, I'm a bargain shopper, I'll look high and low for the price I want to pay for an item and it generally turns out in my favor....

TII rear end with an FD torsen LSD for $275shipped, can't beat that
Old 01-14-2007, 07:31 AM
Get Down-Or-Stay Down

Best mod for a miata is.

putting this in it.

Do you want to be tazed?
Old 01-14-2007, 09:10 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by FC3Cturbo
hellz no, I'm a bargain shopper, I'll look high and low for the price I want to pay for an item and it generally turns out in my favor....

TII rear end with an FD torsen LSD for $275shipped, can't beat that
Nice! Dang!

I shopped high and low for those...except the OEM stuff like timing belt kit, just a few places. Rotas I got real cheap by going through ebay, Magnaflow was also from ebay and gave a best offer of $300 and they took it.

Let me know if you find Tein Basics for less than $675 anywhere

Best mod for a miata is 13B-REW
Actually, I think the best would be this:

MZR 2.3 DISI turbo...as seen in the MazdaSpeed 3, 6, and CX-7

Last edited by Orion ZyGarian; 01-14-2007 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:36 AM
I got fired last week

Moss and the dealership?

buddy why didn't you ask me, you should have gotten the OEM stuff from trussville mazda, finishlineperformance.com, or onlinemazdaparts.com, they are cheaper than everywhere usually.

225's are way overkill for a 6.5" wheel, the tires are going to feel squirmy. And a 50 series sidewall is the wrong proportion for the car, trust me, a 45 is what you need if you must stick with the 16's. Been there, done that with a 40 series on 17's with my 99 before. Bent a wheel from the shitty Tampa roads so now I'm back to 205/50/15's for now.

Fuel filter is pretty easy, just a little messy with all the fuel that wants to come spilling out, make sure to clamp the lines off BEFORE removing the lines to the filter.

PCV is a 1 minute job, pull out old and slide in the new. Just put it in the same way the old one came out.