Mazda Tech If your Mazda is a brap brap,or a zoom zoom, then this is your place.

Miata buying spree!!!

Old 01-14-2007, 09:41 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fritchard
Moss and the dealership?

buddy why didn't you ask me, you should have gotten the OEM stuff from trussville mazda, finishlineperformance.com, or onlinemazdaparts.com, they are cheaper than everywhere usually.
Because the "dealership" I used WAS Trussville Mazda and Mazdastuff.com. And the stuff I got from Moss was cheaper than anywhere else...just those specific items though.

225's are way overkill for a 6.5" wheel, the tires are going to feel squirmy. And a 50 series sidewall is the wrong proportion for the car, trust me, a 45 is what you need if you must stick with the 16's. Been there, done that with a 40 series on 17's with my 99 before. Bent a wheel from the shitty Tampa roads so now I'm back to 205/50/15's for now.
Tires are tires...this is my daily beater, not auto-x extrodinare I refuse not to use these, no matter how too wide they are for my car or too tall!

Fuel filter is pretty easy, just a little messy with all the fuel that wants to come spilling out, make sure to clamp the lines off BEFORE removing the lines to the filter.
I was reading up about that. Sounds right.

PCV is a 1 minute job, pull out old and slide in the new. Just put it in the same way the old one came out.
Then I'll go do that now.

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 01-14-2007, 12:33 PM
I got fired last week

oh cool then, have fun
Old 01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
-eats the last cookie.

I know your set on those Rota's, but I'm putting $200 a month away for a set of these guys @ 225/40 15x8 12.8 lbs
Old 01-14-2007, 09:22 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Well those are kinda heavy...my wheels are .2 lbs lighter..and arent as ugly lol.
If I had money, I'd get some Kosei K1 TS 15s or SSRs with no questions asked. But I dont, so I'll work with what I have. I have axcess to more 16s than just these as well.

Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 01-15-2007, 01:32 AM
1140cc's of power

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
Well those are kinda heavy...my wheels are .2 lbs lighter..and arent as ugly lol.
If I had money, I'd get some Kosei K1 TS 15s or SSRs with no questions asked. But I dont, so I'll work with what I have. I have axcess to more 16s than just these as well.
shouldda kept the daisys minus the hub cover red with polished lip.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:20 AM
-eats the last cookie.

Originally Posted by Orion ZyGarian
12.8 > 13? Whaa?

You have to remember that a 15 should have much lower moment of inertia than a 16, so in reality I'll bet it still faster.

But they don't list moments of inertia for wheels, not really sure why.

Last edited by power2weight; 01-15-2007 at 03:24 AM.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:28 AM
I got fired last week

just remember, in about a year you'll go back to 15's or 14's and realize why most people with Miatas keep those sizes. There really is a big difference and once you go back you'll wonder why you didn't earlier.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:29 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by power2weight
12.8 > 13? Whaa?

You have to remember that a 15 should have much lower moment of inertia than a 16, so in reality I'll bet it still faster.

But they don't list moments of inertia for wheels, not really sure why.
Err, yeah...I meant yours are only a bit lighter...also, dont forget a 15" tire will be lighter than a 16" equivalent...the weight of a tire further out from the centerpoint is more important than at/around.
Originally Posted by PIIMB!
shouldda kept the daisys minus the hub cover red with polished lip.
wtf?

Again, this is just my daily driver, and I understand that I'm better off with any other tire/wheel combo...I just see it cheaper in the long run to go with the 16s since I have axcess to more than just the tires I already have for free..

In a year I'll have like zero money anyways; college ftw

Last edited by Orion ZyGarian; 01-15-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:19 PM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

UPDATE: put the tires on today...they arent going on to the car till I can get a fender, but here's whats up thus far:

Old 01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
Private Parts Thug Lyfe

ewww tein basics