Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

crank pulley cracked... unsafe?

Old 03-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Registered Hater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what's the general consensus? I've seen used stock pulleys go for $120 for $25 more I can get a new one. Aftermarket are considerably cheaper but some say there's a risk. I'm about to make a debate thread lol If Aftermarket are bad I would love to see proof, any bit and stock it is.

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.
Old 03-15-2010, 01:55 AM
DC Crew Member #1

Buy unorthodox racing pulley...timing marks are dead on and they are billet one piece machined items. They don't need to be balanced because they are billet.

FYI...fidanza flywheel is not stock so I guess we shouldn't run those right? I mean what do race teams know

You will not spin a bearing due to a pulley unless the pulley is fucked up like your stock one is right now. The stock honda pulley is not a harmonic balancer either.

And if you want to go the route saying stock is better because of the THIN ass little piece of rubber in the pulley...then why did honda release a CTR pulley?

Get an unorthodox racing underdrive pulley and call it a day...they also come with the paperwork for belt part number needed for the pulley.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:19 AM
No really,....it is

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
So what's the general consensus? I've seen used stock pulleys go for $120 for $25 more I can get a new one. Aftermarket are considerably cheaper but some say there's a risk.
if you have the money go for it but Ive never seen a used pulley on here for more than 50 bucks. idk where your looking for used pulleys for that much but that's crazy. Ive bought 2 or 3 on here, all for 30 or less each.

Originally Posted by custom240sx
Buy unorthodox racing pulley...timing marks are dead on and they are billet one piece machined items. They don't need to be balanced because they are billet.

FYI...fidanza flywheel is not stock so I guess we shouldn't run those right? I mean what do race teams know

You will not spin a bearing due to a pulley unless the pulley is fucked up like your stock one is right now. The stock honda pulley is not a harmonic balancer either.

And if you want to go the route saying stock is better because of the THIN ass little piece of rubber in the pulley...then why did honda release a CTR pulley?

Get an unorthodox racing underdrive pulley and call it a day...they also come with the paperwork for belt part number needed for the pulley.

make sense... hard to argue with that.

I got V-TECH AND HEADERS!

Last edited by My Honda Is Slow; 03-15-2010 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:28 AM
No really,....it is

sorry, i had to post this. i went looking for parts for my teg like 2 mins after posting this and found this on the very first page. its a ctr and he only wants 50 bucks for it.

im just saying, there's quite a few on here for cheap man

https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/h...e-control.html

Old 03-15-2010, 04:46 AM
DC Crew Member #1

ctr is still steel though...get aluminum so its very light
Old 03-15-2010, 05:00 AM
DC Crew Member #1

FYI obx is billet as well...

OBX BILLET CRANK PULLEY INTEGRA 90-93 B18A B17A LS GSR : eBay Motors (item 370319736924 end time Apr-12-10 19:16:20 PDT)

and half the price of unorthodox pulley
Old 03-15-2010, 05:55 AM
No really,....it is

i was just showing him there's plenty on here for cheap but if he wants to spend the money then yeah, def get aluminum.

Originally Posted by custom240sx
ctr is still steel though...get aluminum so its very light

Old 03-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Great White Hope

Get a dorman pulley for your motor off of any big name website and you'll be fine. Why spend a bunch of money on some d-series motor anyways?

"The richest man is not he who has the most, but he who needs the least
."

TR "Old Skool DA" Member #28
Old 03-15-2010, 08:20 AM
No really,....it is

Originally Posted by wolfenr1984
Get a dorman pulley for your motor off of any big name website and you'll be fine. Why spend a bunch of money on some d-series motor anyways?

from one of his responses, it sounds like he has a b series but i could be wrong...

Originally Posted by FoxHondaRider
Reccomend me some brands please. Would the aftermarket be any better? And my belts are all cut, sizes were fucked up from the begining... I went to the store and got the belts for a B18C5, the alternator was the big problem I believe. The B18C5 belt was huge! The alternator at full adjustment, the belt was still way too big. Ended up just getting a random size after like 2 more trips to the store trying GSR belts since those didnt work either lol. Must be some JDM bracket or something throwing it off IDK?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:49 AM
Registered Hater

Originally Posted by wolfenr1984
Ya no D for me its all about the B unless were talking tits lol

Honda builds go from yay to gay in the matter of a K.