Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

!READ!Transmission problem!!!! NO!!!! READ!

Old 10-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm Awesome

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bet you fucked up most of your gears, if so it would be cheaper to just buy a used one and swap them out, if you do get it rebuilt, neal does excellent work but it will prob cost just as much as buying another one or even more. best bet is to take your tranny out and split it open, give neal a pm (cxcivic) and set up a time where he can look at it and tell you what you need and what would be cheaper. Neal is a good guy and does fantastic work, so if the option to rebuild is there i would def recommend him. benefit of rebuild is that it will be like a new tranny. so your choices will depend on what your plans with your car are

-John
Aim: le lead
Cell: (813)843-8523

Last edited by lead; 10-09-2005 at 06:01 PM.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:10 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

arent b16 trannies pretty cheap?

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 10-09-2005, 10:36 PM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Originally Posted by lead
i bet you fucked up most of your gears, if so it would be cheaper to just buy a used one and swap them out, if you do get it rebuilt, neal does excellent work but it will prob cost just as much as buying another one or even more. best bet is to take your tranny out and split it open, give neal a pm (cxcivic) and set up a time where he can look at it and tell you what you need and what would be cheaper. Neal is a good guy and does fantastic work, so if the option to rebuild is there i would def recommend him. benefit of rebuild is that it will be like a new tranny. so your choices will depend on what your plans with your car are

id rather spend a couple of bucks more to get a nice fresh rebuilt tranny, that comes with neals warranty. Do it right the first time, even if it is a little more. You never know what you get when your buying a used tranny.

1998 crv daily beater
Old 10-10-2005, 02:29 AM

buy a used tranmition and switch them out, then sell ur old garbo tranny for 100bucks. BTW the 5th gear popping is usually bad synchro or bent shifter fork, in your case it was the synchro, 5th gear is the last one to get lubricated, so obviously this is why it went out first, dont you love how when it trys to pop out when ur holding it shakes the entire fucking car VIOLENTLY. Good Luck. later
Old 10-10-2005, 08:53 AM
~Da Baddest Bitch~

Originally Posted by civicvxhatch
your probly right!!! Anygood transmission shops around the tampa area?? How much do you think it would cost? Is it even fixable you think??

Transmission Exchange near Florida and Hillsborugh, My Hubby works there Mon - Fri
8-5 PM
813-238-3900 ask for Cisco and tell him you are from TR he will get you a great deal
Hondas are his specialty!!!
gone but never forgotten.... I love you Jay!!!
Its been 4 years and I miss you more than ever...give me the strength to keep my life on the right track!!!
Old 10-10-2005, 04:18 PM

Thanks for everyones help I greatly appreciate it! I will pm cxcivic and call cisco! Thanks
Old 10-12-2005, 07:18 PM
swapin' Hondas since '95

Originally Posted by Derka
sounds like the tranny was very low on fluid and since you kept running it the transmission blew.
what he said. if you still want me to look at it, let me know. -Neal

??check engine light?? Tranny grinds??I fix'em!!
I MAKE HOUSE CALLS!!
SAME DAY ECU CHIPPING
I <3 WIRES
NS RACING (813)842-5517
chipped P28's $125
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbsSp...a_player<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGfpMAvfWk
http://www.facebook.com/neal.sutton.750
Old 10-12-2005, 07:22 PM
KJ
bored at work

General rule with a b series Honda tranny is if you lost more than two gears you are better off replacing the whole thing. Each gear and syncro set is about $250.

Gracie Barra Clearwater Gyms in Clearwater, St. Pete and Port Richey
pm me if you are interested in trying a free class at any of the gyms.