Honda/Acura Tech Honda tech discussion.

d15b aftermarket parts??????????????????

Old 02-27-2005, 07:37 PM
2fast4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation d15b aftermarket parts??????????????????

i was looking up aftermarket parts for the d15b vtec i really couldnt find much. so my question is when buying these( like headers and stuff) what motor do i buy it for? could i just buy headers for a 1.5 non vtec and put them on there or do i need the 1.6 vtec stuff? also i wanna turbo this motor, so what will i need for it? i have the t3 turbo, wastegate, turbo exhaust manifold. do i need to chip my ecu? what about oil lines? i wanna run it at around 10psi so what will i need to build up? i was going to buy an aftermarket cam for it but then i ran into the problem that they didnt make a cam for the d15 vtec. and i heard i need to use zc pistons? if anyone has tried this set up then let me know what u needed and around how much it cost. thanx
Old 02-28-2005, 05:05 AM

D16Z6 ... the internals are what is diffrent ... (i.e. the pistons/rods/crankshaft) the complete head is a z6 head . with exception of the camshaft (wich has much better specs, comparible to the ZEX 59300 camshaft). If you look at the part #'s on some websites ... like for the dc sports stuff... the dx and z6 header are the same part #. What are ya running (Engine/ECU/Transmission/Car) ? And what are ya planning to do ?
Old 02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
i like the blue ones

Originally Posted by EludeR
D16Z6 ... the internals are what is diffrent ... (i.e. the pistons/rods/crankshaft) the complete head is a z6 head . with exception of the camshaft (wich has much better specs, comparible to the ZEX 59300 camshaft). If you look at the part #'s on some websites ... like for the dc sports stuff... the dx and z6 header are the same part #.
+1 for good info.

Originally Posted by geoff
do i need to chip my ecu?
This would help for tuning. I personally reccomend Uberdata, unless you really want good shit like Hondata.

what about oil lines?
You NEED to have them.

i wanna run it at around 10psi so what will i need to build up?
The more you do now the less you will have to do later. This is up to you. You can do this on a stock bottom-end, but longevity becomes questionable. Here's a nice boosted D15B http://www.d-series.org/forums/showt...ghlight=Bizzar.

i heard i need to use zc pistons?
That would raise compression. Typically you would lower the C/R of your motor for turbo. With proper fueling and tuning, you MAY be able to run those pistons and push 10 psi on stock rods. Other stuff you should look into; FMIC, larger capacity fuel pump and injectors, larger free-flowing exhaust, colder spark plugs, and a dyno session with Dave at Hybrid Tuning in Tampa.
Old 02-28-2005, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cronic
For 10psi I wouldn't worry much about the stock bottom end. the main issue here is fuel. Stock injectors are only good to about ~160whp. After that you need something larger. The stock compression on the D15B is fine, leave the internals alone unless you're going forged. Uberdata is a great, free alternative for OBD1 ECU's.

Stock D series motors are generally reliable up to and sometimes exceeding 220whp. There are many who have broken the 300whp mark, and still survive today. However, it's not something I'd want to do on stock internals for very long.
I agree totally ... the 300whp mark on a stock internaled D requires alot of religious tunning. I'd use something like neptune if you had big plans for the car in the future.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:48 AM
2fast4u

thanx all