General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Biggest recall ever goes too...

Old 01-31-2010, 06:05 PM
On the block

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was an american company "CTS PEDALS" that came out bad and now some how magical reason ford is bein affected by it in europe. how amazing eluder has nothing to do with the japanese marketing..usdm pedals cts japenese denzo. so dont try bashing on my information i was just trying to past out to people so they would understand that is not all toyotas

RIP Pablo 3rd Garcia will be miss By Millions 9/28/85-9/4/2007

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #147

Last edited by ResurrectedLS; 02-02-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:51 PM

Maybe you should tell toyota this because they said (on record)all their cars are affected and they have instructed dealers to not sell cars as well as halted production until they resolve the issue (which they said they were researching).

I really don't give a shit about Japanese marketing, american marketing - or whoever marketing. It's all a bunch of who-ha bullshit designed to tell people to buy whatever product is being put up for sale.

Marketing lies about products - its the nature of the business. They get money by fluffing up how great a product is - not by telling you the truth.

I already responded about this in the other thread. Just face it, toyota has dropped the ball. Stop trying to make excuses. This was the same stupid argument people had about nearly all 80s toyotas blowing headgaskets (its the suppliers fault). But who pays and contracts these suppliers - Toyota. When ford's do this they are however deemed the bottom of the barrel e.t.c. Infact you can blame most recalls on suppliers (from whatever manufacture).

For the record it is Denso. Not Denzo.

Originally Posted by ResurrectedLS
It was an american company "CTS PEDALS" that came out bad and now some how magical reason for is bein affected by it in europe. how amazing eluder has nothing to do with the japanese marketing..usdm pedals cts japenese denzo. so dont try bashing on my information i was just trying to past out to people so they would understand that is not all toyotas
Old 01-31-2010, 07:48 PM
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

everyones just blowing this up because Toyota run the fuckin show now, this wont change they're standing.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
On the block

Originally Posted by EludeR
Maybe you should tell toyota this because they said (on record)all their cars are affected and they have instructed dealers to not sell cars as well as halted production until they resolve the issue (which they said they were researching).

I really don't give a shit about Japanese marketing, american marketing - or whoever marketing. It's all a bunch of who-ha bullshit designed to tell people to buy whatever product is being put up for sale.

Marketing lies about products - its the nature of the business. They get money by fluffing up how great a product is - not by telling you the truth.

I already responded about this in the other thread. Just face it, toyota has dropped the ball. Stop trying to make excuses. This was the same stupid argument people had about nearly all 80s toyotas blowing headgaskets (its the suppliers fault). But who pays and contracts these suppliers - Toyota. When ford's do this they are however deemed the bottom of the barrel e.t.c. Infact you can blame most recalls on suppliers (from whatever manufacture).

For the record it is Denso. Not Denzo.
oops typo bitch im not trying to defend toyota get your shit right im giving you the fucking facts of whats going on and your sitting there bein dumb about it i dont give a shit about toyota im just a mechanic i wouldnt care if i work for ford, mercedes, honda, nissan, etc. i was just informing you guys of whats really happening what you dont hear on the news..oh and if you dont fucking believe once again look on the news toyota open 24hrs. to replace the cts pedals with denso...

like i said once agin alot of toyota workers are going to sufer from this deffect

RIP Pablo 3rd Garcia will be miss By Millions 9/28/85-9/4/2007

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #147
Old 02-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Wants a RWD again

wow to clarify....toyota has not admitted to there being a fault in the gas pedal height in the recall dealing with the floor mat issue. toyota designed the car to be operated with the factory floor mats ONLY and does not hold any responsibility as to any aftermarket or non secured floor mat. the CTS pedal issue is a completely different issue in where the resistance spring mechanism inside the pedal gets crap or crud built up in it and MAY cause the pedal not to return to the idle position promptly. toyota has issued a separate recall for both issues to fix it. EVERY gas pedal whether cts or denso for the affected vehicles are being modified for the floor mat recall and the CTS pedals are being modified for their re-call.

As an FYI many car companies use the CTS pedal and will probably be issuing a re-call for it as well.

Old 02-04-2010, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by ResurrectedLS
Guys i work at toyota and sorry to inform you guys but the reason for the recall was from the american made toyotas. the pedal assembly was sold to toyota by some american phone company and assembled here(americans are slackin). all japanese shipped toyotas are flawless work in great conditions and no problems. so i wouldn't dought GM or these other franchise end up having familiar problems(car problems).
I don't know if the CTS connection will play out or not.

As for American's "slackin'"? Where are you from and do you know where the pedals were built? The answer is Canada, not that it makes much difference. . .

What I do know is that the manufacturer of the vehicle specs the parts used in the vehicle. Manufacturers also quality check supplier parts to assure spec is maintained.

Once again, the manufacturer specs the part and the manufacturer of the vehicle is responsible for testing the suitability of the part.

The Fords in China with CTS pedal assemblies were cleared for recommencement of production after it was determined that the design spec for the Ford was not the same as the Toyota part.

Regarding what Toyota's attitude to CTS has been in the past, Toyota awarded CTS in September 2005 with an “Excellent Launch Award” for the “design, quality and launch coordination” for electronic throttle controls and pedal assemblies for the Avalon, one of the models now subject to the recall.

In June 2006 and again a year later, CTS issued statements after Toyota honored the supplier for “exceeding quality expectations on the accelerator pedal modules” built by a CTS plant in Canada that makes the pedals now being recalled.

To be 3 times clear on this... the vehicle manufacturer sets the spec and defines the possible operation conditions the part will be subjected to and the manufacturer is responsible to test the parts to assure they meet specs.

CTS also supplies pedals to Honda Motor Co., Nissan Motor Co., Chrysler Group LLC and Mitsubishi Motors Corp.. Each company has its own specifications and designs, and there isn’t a common application of the Toyota part with other companies.

AFAIK the redesigned pedals will be built by CTS...

I don't work for CTS and the car company I work for doesn't use their pedals with the exception of one vehicle that was a partnership with Toyota. I also am not posting on behalf of who I work for. Just personal opinion and knowledge.

It will all play out regarding what is what and where the ball was or wasn't dropped.

I just figured a little bit of fact might help folks better judge what the reality might be.

Last edited by 1fastdog; 02-04-2010 at 09:04 AM.