General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

title

Old 05-29-2007, 11:40 AM
need help!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default title

is there a way i can get a hold of a title if i lost it...n it wasnt signed over to my name yet?
Old 05-29-2007, 11:51 AM
^is awesome personified

No the person who was going to sign it over to you has to get a copy. What's with people doing this as of late? Two threads within a couple of days of each other.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:40 PM
OH LAWD JESUS ITS A FIRE!

Originally Posted by JP Money
No the person who was going to sign it over to you has to get a copy. What's with people doing this as of late? Two threads within a couple of days of each other.
I know a lot of kids do it where the buyer puts up 50% or more up front and takes the car and the seller keeps the title until the buyer pays off.its a good way to do business cause the buyer has to pay you off eventually.if they stop payment one call to the police about your car being stolen and a friend seeing it in a certain area gets them screwed.

I'd never do it like that though.if you can't afford to buy a car all at once,you don't need it.

-Winston Churchill
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

thats why I held onto the title in my situation. I did the guy a favor and took payments...except i lost the title in the few monthes process.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 05-30-2007, 08:25 PM
tall, skinny dweeb

Everyone there is a totally legal way to do this just for future reference. You go to the dmv and have them put a lean on the title. What this does is the car still legaly belongs to the seller. The buyer can still apply for a new title if it is lost and get it insured properly. The buyer can not sell the car untill the lean is met. I know we are all some sketchy mother fu$kers but c'mon.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by J-SPEC J
Everyone there is a totally legal way to do this just for future reference. You go to the dmv and have them put a lean on the title. What this does is the car still legaly belongs to the seller. The buyer can still apply for a new title if it is lost and get it insured properly. The buyer can not sell the car untill the lean is met. I know we are all some sketchy mother fu$kers but c'mon.

Got any proof of that? I mean it sounds like total b.s. If it were the case you could do it to anyone and their brother for shits and giggles.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:15 AM
^is awesome personified

Originally Posted by Graves
Got any proof of that? I mean it sounds like total b.s. If it were the case you could do it to anyone and their brother for shits and giggles.
That's how financial institutions do it. No BS on that. I.e. The title for my S2000 is in MY name, but there is a few lines below that for lein info. Its on every title. Mine just happens to be filled in with info on my credit union I went through for the loan. My dad's title for his SUV just has his info on it b/c he owns it outright, so the info for the lein is blank.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:23 AM
King of Ricers

yep. once the lien is on it, you cannot transfer the title to another person. The purchasing party must sign the lien before its in place. This usually happens at the point of sale

Old 05-31-2007, 06:26 AM
smokes weed...everyday.

well i wish i knew this sooner.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 06-01-2007, 07:10 AM
Registered

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

If the title was in your name and was not legally passed through Tallahassee, just apply for a duplicate title, sent to your address.
State of Fl still has that car still in your name.

This was not free legal advice.-Bob

Keystone Facebook ...click: "Keystone Motor Car Club"

Port Richey Rod Run at Coast Buick GMC Coming May 25 2024
https://carstoshow.com/registerevent.aspx?eventid=99114

50's Diner US19.... A Florida Attraction.
1730 US-19, Holiday Fl 34691 click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/t...-racing.html CHRA sanctioned cruise-in.
Cruise-In; Free; Every Saturday 5-8PM plus 10% off the whole menu to cruisers

All Cars Every 2nd Saturday Free Breakfast: Since 2015 and more. click: https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/e...ast-tampa.html

Tampa Racing.com covers the Tampa car scene and supports many fund raisers, worthy causes and events that enrich our community. We hope you enjoy them all.
What do I do? ---- on-site *Aftermarket* spring/suspension installations --- on-site impact wrenching---street lowering with your own stock springs...........True Bi-xenon HID projector headlight conversions........ Much more at Bob's Garage!
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...ontact-us.html
https://www.tamparacing.com/forums/b...e-senor-honda/