General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Arrested for Wreckless driving?

Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
was S2k Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **Update**Arrested for Wreckless driving?

Check Page 8 For Update...

Hello tampa racing, My summer began on friday night, last day of school,it was around 11pm and i was taking a friend for a ride on tampa road (right past mcmullen underpass going west)....i started to get on it....and a van pulled out in front of me (sluggishly accelerating ofcourse).i weaved out of the way and through a few cars, and as i came to the St.George light i see an undercover cop in a brand new impala pull up behind me, lights flashing.I immediatly lost it, thatd be the third time i got pulled over this month.I was done... I was waiting at the light thinkin, ill just pull over when it turns green. I look in my rearview mirror and see him exit his car and walking up to me...i look up to my left and im starring at a gun and a very livid officer..He orders me to take the keys out of the ignition, i do, he then tells me to get out of the car, i do....im ordered to 'spread em' and put my hands on my car....he tells me "you wanna drive like an idiot, your goin to jail"...not a single sign of mercy, he cuffed me and put me straight in the cop car.The officer then advises me that evading an officer and wreckless driving are felonies...the officer was nice enough to let me have my buddy christian come and pick up my car rather than it be impounded...i sat in the back of the small cop car for a good 45minutes while more cops arrived and they searched my car... ..Eventaully the officer drove me to the jail station (on bayside/mcmullen booth in st.pete)...where i proceeded through searches, mug shots,paper work and finger prints...after that i sat in aroom and awaited my medical examination and evaluation which was said to be about a 7 hour wait...cool. About 3 hours later...my name was called and i was out on ROR...After that i went to another room..was searched again..then another room to recieve my belongings... then waited some more, filled out more paperwork...waited some more...and i was free....Out at about 4:00am. ...I was the happiest man alive to be out of there...

...I made a mistake, and i dont regret it, ill take it as a lesson learned...My court date is June 11th. With 4 tickets, 1 warning and now this, i dont beilieve the judge will show much mercy...What im wondering is, does anyone have any ideas of what i should in this situation...The officer NEVER read me my Miranda Rights, which im almost positive, is illegal in itself...Should i have a lawyer represent me? And bring the girl who was in the car with me? And also... does anyone know what my consequences COULD be (probation, community service, liscense supsension)...The officer said he has it down as a misdemeanor of wreckless driving.....Any input would be great...Im not looking for pity, or harrassment just some help..thanks everyone.

NYC....Love your roots.

Last edited by Hondaholic; 06-15-2007 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:47 PM
Your Moms New Boyfriend

1 word........ LAWYER!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
civic97

yeah joe is right get a good one also the miranda right thing is a must if they arrest u i would deff get a lawyer
Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
was S2k Mike

Originally Posted by joebobclark
1 word........ LAWYER!
haha i figured im gonna get that alot...i just dont know if ill have the $$$ for one...we'll see

NYC....Love your roots.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:56 PM
isuck

Originally Posted by casanova1514
yeah joe is right get a good one also the miranda right thing is a must if they arrest u i would deff get a lawyer

.... you really can't get away with that miranda rights bullshit anymore.

If you're going to try and play that, GOOD LUCK =S
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
could be worse

dude get a lawer, you WILL rregret it and you WILL spend MUCH more on fines then you will on a lawer, not to mention how much your insurance is going up, if you can even get insurance!. I got a wreckless driving ticket 4 years ago, I got like 500 in court costs, had to take the driving class which was like 40.00 more, was on probation for 6 months at like 45.00 a month, had to do 50 hours of community service and then had my lisence suspended for 6 months.. you, with 4 tickets.. shit man your screwed, only chance you have is with a lawer.

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 05-25-2007, 03:58 PM
was S2k Mike

damn...buzzz kill

NYC....Love your roots.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM
could be worse

and slow the hell down, why are you driving like that ANYWAYS, he wasnt mad about the van puling out, he saw you doing ~100 mph in a 50??

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 05-25-2007, 04:03 PM
VOD
Field Rep

thay do not have to read you the rights until thay book you...and being thay ROR-ed you thay dont have to read them to u at all..they just detained u for prossesing.. the laws changed a few years back
Old 05-25-2007, 04:21 PM
was S2k Mike

well, good to know the laws changed....and i dont really understand the whole "ROR" thing..
and TIM TIM, I KNOW IM AN IDIOT...
im selling my car, and i was taking a girl for a ride who has wanted to ride in my car for a while....just trying to show her a good time.i know its immature thing to do...I fucked up...and ill be paying the penalties.....

NYC....Love your roots.