General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

Arrested for Wreckless driving?

Old 05-25-2007, 05:35 PM
ODB
S.Y.L.O.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omgwtfbbq!
It would suck pretty hard if they did. It isnt too hard to find this website, and its not like the newpapers dont read the site.
they are not the only ones watching this site....seriously
Old 05-25-2007, 05:41 PM
was S2k Mike

okay its been edited*.....now, anyone know a really good attorney for something like this...i know ive seen sigs,posts,and threads...but can anyone post some right here...

NYC....Love your roots.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:29 PM
Shake n' Bake

i got busted for a lot worse and arrested for reckless driving, fleaing and evading and some other charges, you must get a lawyer, i got one and was able to pay him bi weekly, you dont have to pay all the money up front on some of them. you will prolly get probation and community service and after the community service is done you will prolly get let off probation, i had to do 30 hrs at a goodwill.....

Old 05-25-2007, 06:37 PM
isuck

Jesus you people have problems, I speed constantly, but reasonably... never really go 10 over unless its on an empty stretch of I-75 at 3 in the morning.. seriously, choose the times and places you speed, and a crowded road is the worst place ever.

Seriously you really gotta think before you do shit like going 90 in a 50 zone ESPECIALLY when you've been done 3 times previously, its not a matter of "damn i know im sorry" but more like what the hell keeps pressing you into doing it? maybe you need something to kinda force it on you: sell this car, go get a geo metro and never mod it. (like it'll make a diff) That might help curb your apparent lack of control =/.
LOGIC? You seriously want to invoke logic in a conversation about fake hijackings, missiles hitting the pentagon, and bombs planted throughout the world trade center? I thought it was a given that logic was checked at the door when entering one of these threads.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:00 PM
As Seen On TV!

40 Years of ‘Miranda’ Rights

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."
Old 05-25-2007, 07:25 PM
my car is slow ok jeeze

MIKEEE sucks bro i gotta go to court to i might be in court with u

www.myspace.com/gprelude92
Old 05-25-2007, 08:27 PM
The most interesting man

Thats why I got rid of my S2K... ALWAYS being haressed by the fucking law. The Lex has yet to get me into trouble (knock on wood!). I NEED my licsense for my job. Good luck, Mike.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Thread TERRORIST

Yeah, only part I'm really even going to respond to it the Miranda rights thing. Throughout recent trials Miranda rights have been a subject of some debate. "But he never read me my rights" was a shit way to get out of something, so you know what they did?

Did away with it. You do not HAVE to be read your Miranda rights (well, unless you're being offically interrogated)...as in, its not a valid defense to arrest/conviction. If you voluntarily answer questions that they ask you, half the time that can be twisted into admissable as evidence as well, ESPECIALLY if you haven't been informed you are under arrest yet. That is how the law stands right now. Who knows when it'll be changed. And I'm sorry if some of you have heard different from those friends who have never had any formal legal educaiton in their life but somehow 'know' or your latest crackpot legal site...but that is how it is.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by BAMF; 05-25-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 09:30 PM
smokes weed...everyday.

rep for actually acting like a man about it and being mature. i wish you best of luck man.

TR "Old Skool EF" Member #121(aka#420)
Old 05-25-2007, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by vip18971
You do not HAVE to be read your Miranda rights (well, unless you're being offically interrogated)...as in, its not a valid defense to arrest/conviction. If you voluntarily answer questions that they ask you, half the time that can be twisted into admissable as evidence as well, ESPECIALLY if you haven't been informed you are under arrest yet. That is how the law stands right now.

I'm going to have to check on that one. As far as I know, whenever the cop is acting under criminal investigation privilege they have to Mirandize you before you're questioned. I had this out with a cop friend of mine a while back. They can arrest you, hold you, and never question you so they don't have to read you the Miranda warning. Yet even if you aren't arrested, they can formally question you and still have to read you those rights before questioning begins.

But hey, times change, laws change (to benefit the powers that be), so maybe this is all up in the air again.

I'm a bit more concerned right now about them searching his car. That doesn't seem right to me. He wasn't behaving in a threatening manner, and he offered no resistance to the cop, therefore this doesn't have elements of a Terry stop. So why did they need to search the car?