General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

engine peformance the truth

Old 03-14-2007, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine peformance the truth

i hear alot about enginge potential. But in the real world and the with the money the ave person has dose it realy matter if you motor has a 2000 hp potential ?

if so tell me why because i think the ave person only gets a 10-20 hp gain on there motors anyway if they don't swap or turbo it i may be realy wrong but just wondering . this is because i have been told that this engine or that engine is junk and never realy get an answer why!
Old 03-14-2007, 02:47 AM
FUCKIN LOOONG BEDD!!!

b-series FTW!!!!!!!!! ....WOHHHHHHHHHHHH

for real tho in the 4 cyl world i think twin cam opens alot of doors.i feel single cams are pure ecno motors,nothing more nothing less.

Last edited by SPOONCIVIC; 03-14-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:54 AM

that more then true i owned and stand be sohc but the fact is that theres more potential in a twin cam the only sohc i know of that you can get tons of power from is the race ford cvh they use in sprint cars .. agin ive seen some sohcs with a good amount of power but i think the twin cam thing is true .. good post spoon !
Old 03-14-2007, 05:42 AM
Boobs, Beer, & Good Times

Originally Posted by cosworth34677
that more then true i owned and stand be sohc but the fact is that theres more potential in a twin cam the only sohc i know of that you can get tons of power from is the race ford cvh they use in sprint cars .. agin ive seen some sohcs with a good amount of power but i think the twin cam thing is true .. good post spoon !

There are more single cam v8's making big power than twin or quad cammed ones. To be honest in a V8 you will want a single cam motor more times than not for big power.

However it is going to take a $$ or two to get them there. I power adder is need more times than not on a single cam V8.

In 4 bangers I can't honestly answer, as I don't currently, never have, and never will own one.

95 Ranger , Blurpule, auto 4 cyl.

01 Stang GT, Silver, 5 spd.

A few goodies.

My favorite, Your mom. I love that ride.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:15 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by Nate\'s4.6
There are more single cam v8's making big power than twin or quad cammed ones. To be honest in a V8 you will want a single cam motor more times than not for big power.

However it is going to take a $$ or two to get them there. I power adder is need more times than not on a single cam V8.

In 4 bangers I can't honestly answer, as I don't currently, never have, and never will own one.
If you consider a high flowing, high compression motor a power adder. 427, all motor...mmmmmmmmm....

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by vip18971
If you consider a high flowing, high compression motor a power adder. 427, all motor...mmmmmmmmm....

I was thinking more along the lines of a 351 or a 408 with a turbo or blower set up.

But yes............ a nice 427 or 502 with a nasty compression ratio would be a sweet as ride also.

A few goodies.

Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 AM
could be worse

why would a single cam v8 be more sought after then a dual cam?? Just price im assuming?

www.generationsofcabinetry.com
Old 03-14-2007, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by TIM TIM TIM
why would a single cam v8 be more sought after then a dual cam?? Just price im assuming?
Depends the bottom end you will be using, also the stroke and bore in the bottom.

They are also much easier to keep in tune than a 2 or 4 cam.

It really comes down to what your plans and idea is with the car. 2 & 4 cam V8 motors still make planty of good reliable power. I know. I have a "big" powered 2 cam motor.

A few goodies.

Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by TIM TIM TIM
Not so much 'sought after' as just more common. When you've got a huge, massive, hulking base of almost 6 liters to work with, you don't need all sorts of crazy things to get power out of the car. So pretty much, yeah, price. If you can use cheap pushrod technology and simple cylinder heads rather than the shitstorm involved with OHC motors and still smoke the tires through 1st gear stock, why not do it?

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:42 AM
FUCKIN LOOONG BEDD!!!

Originally Posted by vip18971
Not so much 'sought after' as just more common. When you've got a huge, massive, hulking base of almost 6 liters to work with, you don't need all sorts of crazy things to get power out of the car. So pretty much, yeah, price. If you can use cheap pushrod technology and simple cylinder heads rather than the shitstorm involved with OHC motors and still smoke the tires through 1st gear stock, why not do it?
becuz ohc motors make more power?...im not a big v8 guy but im sure the current mustang GT makes more then a 5.0 fox body did,right?

so if you can make more power with ohc,why not do it?