General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

!!!~got My First Car Check It Out~!!!

Old 04-13-2005, 08:59 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well if he is serious, I hope he takes everybody's advice.

Looks like you got a decent looking beater, there's no reason to mod if. Plus, if the girls already want to ride, why bother? 99% of females don't know what a turbo is, let alone if your car has one or not. It's always a good idea to start with a good base model if you're going to hot rod something. The RS Eclipse just isn't a good base to start from.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:51 AM
SMC

If anything, do things to your car that can be reversed. Sound is a good area to work on, because you can always take out the components and sell them or reuse them in another car. Rims and tires can be reversed back to stock for selling, so things like that are better than engine mods that cost a lot and don't give you much of a return.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:06 PM
15 seconds EXHILARATION

I agree. Get a set of rims and a half-decent stereo system and you've got about 98 percent of the package needed to impress the high school females of the type that is impressed by that stuff. If that's what you're interested in, then don't waste your money on performance parts. If you want to have a fast car, keep yours as a daily driver, build up driving experience and save money for a few years, then buy a project car that you can work on for fun while still keeping the RS as your daily.
Old 04-14-2005, 10:25 AM
7M 2JZ bird in pear tree

Originally Posted by SupraKid
I can assure you guys this isnt a joke, hes just happy about getting his first car. He talks to me sometimes on IM...seems like a cool kid, just needs to learn a little more about cars

What the hell?! You never thought that about me! jk

Yeah, hes not bad really over AIM, just needs to learn stuff. Like me, but needs to learn alot more

ASE: Brakes
Yea..that very well could have been the most retarded idea I've ever heard, but .. do it anyway. -TheShow50h
Old 04-14-2005, 10:45 AM
Just Ledoux it!

turbonator

kid, you have a LOT of reading and learning about things. Drive it like it was meant to be driven. from a to b, and then back again, getting 27 mpg the whole time.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:18 AM
SUN☆WORKS

I just read this entire thread and my nipples fired off in different directions in search of pride!!!!!!!!
Old 04-14-2005, 08:42 PM
.arrow Jus Skott

sounds liek someone would be better doing a engine swap and boosting that for you... just my two cents...
Old 04-15-2005, 03:46 AM
I Roll with a Turbo

Default cars are fun

hey, good to see some other NPR guys on here.
I remember when i first got my car. I had no intentions on making fast. i wanted to buy my self a 78 monte carlo and drop a v8 in it. but now that i look back at it. im glad i didnt. I have learned more about my car just from working on it and i saved money in the long run. i have a friend with a nissan 200 that had the 1.6L in it that he turbo charged. After putting a few holes in the block he is now upgrading to a SR20de to turbo and a stand alone.

Do what you like to YOUR car. Yes there are better eclipes out there. but i say use what you have and do what you can. learn a little and have as much fun as you can a long the way.

maybe we can meet up at some point when i head back down south from tally

goodluck
~Kyle
Old 04-15-2005, 05:53 AM

You really don't need to mod your car! Hell just race me.

Last edited by 90LudePunkFl; 04-15-2005 at 05:56 AM.