General Car Chat Talk about cars in general. All makes and models - strictly car discussion.

!!!~got My First Car Check It Out~!!!

Old 04-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personaly i dont care what some people have to say about no dont mod it. im gonna mod it anyways cause i can and i deffinatly will. you watch and see i will have one kick ass ride over the summer i gaurntee it. im gonna replace a lotta things so i dont break anything in it. planning on putting 2.5k under the hood and 700-1k in the body and rims + sum subs
Old 04-12-2005, 05:12 PM
SMC

First off, I'm almost starting to think that he created this thread as a joke. Nobody is this dense. Second, if you're really wanting to do something with your car, beef up the suspension and autocross it. You don't really need to have an extremely fast car in order to autocross, but handling is very important.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:21 PM
Banned

no this thread is not a joke plus i took my car to a mitsubishi dealer and the auto workers say there is a lot of stuff i can do to my car.
Old 04-12-2005, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Superkaioken
no this thread is not a joke plus i took my car to a mitsubishi dealer and the auto workers say there is a lot of stuff i can do to my car.
WIth that statement this thread has to be a joke..

Nice car man but get real.. over 1/2 the stock performance cars will finish the 1/8th mile before your car even hits 60mph. U really have no idea what your getting into and your going to spend 2 1/2 thousand bucks to get your ass kicked by any regular stock performance car out there.

96 M6 Arctic White Z28
"SLOW LT1"
Blue 2005 Acura TSX
Old 04-12-2005, 05:58 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

This is your first car, maybe you should listen to people who have more experience than you. Autocrossing will be the only place fit for your car, any car really can autox. Or waste all your money, for all the money you spend, you can sell your car and buy one that is worthy and made for performance, not an rs. But, what did the brainiacs at mitsu say you could do to your car.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:03 PM
Banned

man i think im just gonna practice with this car then just put some rims and system in it and 2 mods turbonater supercharger and k&n cold air intake thats it. and a body kit most likely the blitz body kit.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
previously SLOWBOOST

Thats the first time you actually sound like it has sunk in, but dont put a kit on it, just get a nice front lip and a new painjob, it will look better than the rice.

FOR A WOUNDED MAN SHALL SAY TO HIS ASSAILANT
'IF I LIVE, I WILL KILL YOU. IF I DIE, YOU ARE FORGIVEN'
SUCH IS THE RULE OF HONOUR.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:27 PM
Banned

I was going to say that you are a little dense....considering that i own a slightly modded gst and did in fact start with a eclipse rs....my point is you should only put about 1,000 dollars at most into the car and non of that should go into the motor if your going to try and go fast....learn to drive on that car, then when you are ready go buy a turbo car...turbo cars are a lot of maintance and i should know....i run my car hard and i am sure you will too...i got it last october and it has been in the shop more times than i would like to count....(some maintance, some performance)...instead of driving a car that probably runs like a 10.4 or worse in the 1/8th, learn on it and then get a turbo car....my gst stock ran a 9.8...so with all of that said.....DO WHAT YOU WANT....BUT I AM COMING FROM THE SAME STARTING POINT YOU ARE!!!!!!
Old 04-12-2005, 06:40 PM

hes joking... he's talking about putting on a turbonator.. nuf said

96 M6 Arctic White Z28
"SLOW LT1"
Blue 2005 Acura TSX
Old 04-12-2005, 07:11 PM
SMC

Turbonators are scams, and a K&N drop-in wont give you any more hp, maybe a better sound (slightly) and the fact that you dont have to replace them. I'm sure the guys at the dealership were just telling you what you wanted to hear so they could sell you the car. You were wanting a car to modify, so thats what they told you that you have. It's still a good car, leave it at that.

Quick Reply: !!!~got My First Car Check It Out~!!!