Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

another missfire problem!

Old 01-02-2010, 06:09 PM
h9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another missfire problem!

seems like there is alot of this going around lately.here how it started.ran great for a long while then it seemed to get a sligfht miss in it.then frida(i don"t drive it much) it got very bad.it seem to start it crap after 2 mins of running it.if you keep of the throttle(no load) it runs great.if push the pedal down it shutters like it is losing a cylinder or two.i check the plug gap and ohm the plug wires,good.checked cap and rotor,ans swaped in a test part to be sure it was good.pulled the dizzy and bought a new one.checked the codes and it need the air charge sensor and temp sensor.said they were bad.also changed the fuel filter.after all this it still does the same thing runs good for two mins then goes to shit.i just tried out a test coil and still same issue.i am going to check the fuel presure tomorrow and replace the plugs,mybe one is bad.i can"t see anything wrong with them but they are cheap so why not.

this car is 1988 speed density by the way.it has not egr or emissions plumming.i did get one code that is bothering me.code 85 has two things list canister purge solenoid circuit failure and/or adaptive fuel limt reached lean.if any you guys had this same issue ,please clue me in on what else it could be.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:34 PM
refinish artist

Have you done a commpression test on it Harold?

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 01-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Bondsman

In 95cobrasvt's voice..."put a carb on it"!
Old 01-02-2010, 08:46 PM
h9

Originally Posted by 351coupe
Have you done a commpression test on it Harold?
no i haven"t.i would think it would be that.its a new engine. and the problem goes in and out.it will clear up and then start to sputter again.it seems more like a ignition problem.
Tommy trust me,it has crossed my mined more then once.thats way my other car is carbed.no b.s. efi.don"t get me wrong the efi stuff is good......................with deep pockets and a ton tuning.
Old 01-02-2010, 08:55 PM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by harold harper
Tommy trust me,it has crossed my mined more then once.thats way my other car is carbed.no b.s. efi.don"t get me wrong the efi stuff is good......................with deep pockets and a ton tuning.
I love EFI...as long as its under warranty!
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 AM
h9

bad injector on number 6 cylinder.pulled the upper off and turn the key on,and wired pump to run cuntinously.filled up the lower intake runner and head area with raw fuel.i was like holey shit.it was over fuel like a bitch.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:54 AM
see dick run

Strike a match and run!

fixed

john
Old 01-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Still CREEPIN

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
In 95cobrasvt's voice..."put a carb on it"!

He really is slacking these days huh

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 01-03-2010, 01:45 PM
h9

change that one injector and it still runs like crap.it sputters still.i"m getting a whole set of injectors and a fuel presure regulater tomorrow.we will see if it gets ride of the problem.i"m getting tired of crap.that carb set up is looking a whole lot better. lol!
Old 01-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Bondsman

did you try a fresh set of plugs since you fixed the injector?