Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Time to upgrade the tranny!

Old 05-14-2009, 10:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spend most of my money on hookers and beer. What is left I pay my child support, then car parts. But don't judge me on how I spend my money. Hookers are cheaper and more honest than any wife. No hidden surcharge like in a marriage.

Back to the trans issue. You really do have a bunch of options. I had my 3550 rebuilt that included a new input shaft to replace the twisted one and it was like 400. You should be able to fine a reasonably priced TKO used in this economy.

If you swear automatics suck then you have an open invitation to drive my AOD car. After a short blast in that car you will then have to reflect on how it would drive with a 5spd.

“My advice is to draw the sword and throw away the scabbard".
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM

I have nothing against autos or hookers, I have had a couple and they were great.

(well more than a "couple" of the later! Thought I was super man once in Thialand and rented 7 at once, that was a damn long night! I am still grinning!)

I just want to keep this car a stick.

If it was going to see regular track duty, it would likely be changed to a auto set up. I think they are more consistent and eaiser on parts. Plus no boost drop on shifts!

Last edited by 500HPLX; 05-14-2009 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:57 AM

If it was going to see regular track duty, it would likely be changed to a auto set up. I think they are more consistent and easier on parts. Plus no boost drop on shifts!

Danger! Danger Will Robinson... This is a sure sign of not enough horsepower. You need more POWER!

Old 05-14-2009, 12:02 PM

Seems to me if you are able to look at any gauge while matting the throttle (other than the shift light via peripheral vision) then you need more oats under the hood.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:11 PM

Looking where I am going is way overrated!

And who needs a shift light, aint that what rev limiters are for!