Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Transmisson ?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmisson ?

Please only respond if you know the answer not your opinion, please I need an answer not an opinion.

Have you guys ever heard of not being able to run a Manual valve body on the street?

I have had 4 or more Chevys with a manual V/B and a C-4 and C-6 with one also and never had a problem with it. Now for some reason the shop that now has my AOD says you can't ever run a Manual V/B on the street cause there is to much line pressure. I called up P.A. the maker of my V/B and he laughed and said thats bullshit. These V/B are made this way so the True street guys can drive "30" miles on over drive and keep the RPM's down and the tranny cooler. But they can shift the tranny like a C-6 at the track since the tranny has the electronically controlled O/D. I'm so over this bullshit tranny its been nothing but down time for me.

I looks like again i went to a Wendy's looking for steak.
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 10-17-2007, 09:59 AM

A friend of mine drives his c4 on the street with a manual valve body and doesn't have any issues. He drover it all during drag week this year and last year (1500miles in 5 days and racing) after driving it all those miles still ran a 9.2@150 and never had any issue with the mvb or trans.

Also some friend of mine use manual valve bodies on the street without a problem. Of the three of them and two have aod's.

My Project
Old 10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
refinish artist

That's bullshit bro,my old coupe had a manual reverse valve body and it was my only car for almost a year.I have to tell you though,street driving them will prematurely wear them out,not as destroy it but it will need freshening up depending on how much it's driven.

RIP Chester P.Anderson Jr.9/23/05 I love you dad,and miss you very much.

RIP Kevin"Slo SI" 9/13/06,we will miss you homie,time heals wounds but you will never be forgotten
Old 10-17-2007, 11:14 AM

All most everyone of my cars have had manual valvebodys both with and without transbrakes..... I have personally had C4's, Powerglides, Turbo 350's and I know other people that have used AOD's, Turbo 400's, and yes even 727 and 904 Torqueflites..... No one I know has ever had an issue with there trans because of a manual valvebody including myself.....

As far as I'm concerned your being dealt a major line of bullshit..... The reason most people use the manual's is because they have a more positive engagement in each gear which will do nothing be increase tranny clutch and band life.....

You just need to find someone who actually know what the fuck they are doing.....
Old 10-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Has V.I.P in HELL!

+1 to what every one has said

i've never had a problem with my mvb stuff on the street
Old 10-17-2007, 11:37 AM
Bondsman

C-4 in Project Con-Vert has Pa C-4 with MVB and a t-brake. Its the only way Ill run a automatic (MVB) on the street in performance application.

As far as line pressure being too high CAN/WILL contribute to failure. The 200r4 that are in the GN's a same way, but dont think its from the valvebody. Im not a tranny guy but I sure have been through an ass load of them (GN). Ive HEARD the same thing about running 4.10's /AOD on the street. They dont like the pressure.

Do you know Toby Gant?? He is local to Tampa and KNOWS the AOD's
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Originally Posted by franktf
No one I know has ever had an issue with there trans because of a manual valvebody including myself.....

As far as I'm concerned your being dealt a major line of bullshit..... The reason most people use the manual's is because they have a more positive engagement in each gear which will do nothing be increase tranny clutch and band life.....
That was my thoughts. And I always thought it was better to run them, so when he told me no there the worst thing you can do for a street tranny I almost lost it.

Originally Posted by franktf
You just need to find someone who actually know what the fuck they are doing.....
Like i said I went to Wendy's looking for steak.

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
Ive HEARD the same thing about running 4.10's /AOD on the street. They dont like the pressure.

What about an AOD with a non lock up C-6 converter and 4.30 gears.

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
Do you know Toby Gant?? He is local to Tampa and KNOWS the AOD's
I do not.
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun

Old 10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
TR Balla Donor Supreme

Run down and retrieve your trans before they fuck it up.(my opinion)
Old 10-17-2007, 12:04 PM
Bondsman

Scott will probly chime in shortly about him, he used to own a Mustang performance shop Trick Stuff (10-12yrs ago) in Tampa also so a Ford Driveline tech qute a few years. He has been doing his own performance transmission shop in Zephrhills now for several years. His shop is called Tobys Tranmissions 352-518-0933

Last edited by GNs-r-slow; 10-17-2007 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:19 PM
Flowmaster nut swinger

Originally Posted by shinysideup
Run down and retrieve your trans before they fuck it up.(my opinion)
I called them back and told them just to put it back together the way they found it. He told me he would charge me 50.00 total cause he broke a couple gaskets witch is fine by me.
MV#72427
(727)535-6905 - Shaun