Ford, Lincoln, Mercury Tech Automotive Related Topics Only !

Consealed Weapons Permit Question

Old 01-04-2007, 05:55 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ugly86integra
i've been wanting to get my permit for a while, but i'm always so busy and never remember to go and get er done! lol
i guess i need to hurry up and do it before all these damn dems that just got into office take those rights away from us!
oh yeah, shouldnt this thread be in pit road instead of ford tech?
oh ok i just remeberd ford guys have to have a gun for when they get so pissed at their car, they have to shoot it! i guess that sorta kinda makes it ford tech! J/K
Pfft. Bullets bounce off of Fords. True story. Thats what happens when your car is made out of steel and weighs 12349071498 lbs.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:42 AM
Chuck aka Woody

lol i used to want to shoot my ol 66 mustang all the time! lol
back in the day, i used to spend my whole pay check at bobby watt's speed shop every week trying diff cams and intakes n stuff, just to get beat down by some damn nova or camaro with only headers and a 4 bbl ! lol
i still have that old car and i just gave it to my son. by the time he's old enough to drive it, it'll be all restored. at least now they have good heads n stuff to make em breath. we havent decided on what engine to go with yet. maybe a stroked 351? which remends me, does anyone in here happen to have a pinto front end laying around? old mustang shock towers are always in the way of headers and plugs n stuff! if we use that type of front end, then we can go big block or what ever. the finished car will be kind of like a nice pro street car!
there now we just turned this into ford tech!

NO EXCUSES for my lil FWD! Cmon RWD's n AWD's, lets DIG!

STEISS RACING all the way
HONDA ENGINES from oem to EXTREEM

www.myspace.com/streetracin_cwby

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1433200141
Old 01-04-2007, 08:42 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by vip18971
You didn't shoot a pistol in boot camp. You shot an M-16 chambered in 7.62 NATO rounds that kicks like a .22LR rifle. Nothing spectacular. I have a buddy in the Marines who got a marksmanship award...he was no better than I am with pistols, and only slightly better with low caliber rifles (since civillian rifles kick hella more than an M-16).

Is that .22LR pretty much the same as a regular .22 rifle? If so i dont see how you can say it has that amount of kick. I've shoot both (.22rifle and M4, same as M-16 just only semi-auto) one right after the other and the .22 rifle feels like a high power BB gun. It's a joke.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 01-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by 98DOHC
Is that .22LR pretty much the same as a regular .22 rifle? If so i dont see how you can say it has that amount of kick. I've shoot both (.22rifle and M4, same as M-16 just only semi-auto) one right after the other and the .22 rifle feels like a high power BB gun. It's a joke.
All rifles that I've heard of fire .22LR. Only other thing I can see influencing kick is the weight of the rifle. The Ruger 10/22 is what they were firing and its a small light carbine. Lighter and smaller = more kick, but not by much. And I'm going off of what my buddies that fired them have said. Being a civillian, I've never fired an M16 A4 (or whatever you call it) but they said with as compensated as they are, it feels the same.

"They were crying when their sons left, God is wearing black. Hes gone so far to find no hope, hes never coming back. They were crying when their sons left, all young men must go. Hes come so far to find the truth hes never going home."

Old 01-04-2007, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by vip18971
You didn't shoot a pistol in boot camp. You shot an M-16 chambered in 7.62 NATO rounds that kicks like a .22LR rifle. ).

the m16a2 fires 5.56
Old 01-04-2007, 10:39 AM
NEEDS A COUPE

and the reason it dosent kick is because its made that way would you want to cary a rifle shooting all day that kicked like a 12 ga??? I sure the fuck wouldent. When you shoot it theres a big ass spring inside the stock that takes alot of recoil out of the gun so you dont jump or compensate, plus after getting in a gun fight your not gonna be to hurting to go out again tommorow.

Old 01-04-2007, 10:44 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG
and the reason it dosent kick is because its made that way would you want to cary a rifle shooting all day that kicked like a 12 ga??? I sure the fuck wouldent. When you shoot it theres a big ass spring inside the stock that takes alot of recoil out of the gun so you dont jump or compensate, plus after getting in a gun fight your not gonna be to hurting to go out again tommorow.
Of course. I don't think anybody in their right mind would debate this. I'd love to have a compensated barrel and as many recoil springs as I could get my hands on inside of my rifle...

...Although nothing beats the kick of a 12 gauge firing a 3 1/2" magnum round.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
Ford F0rum Native

Originally Posted by MISSINGSTANG

Are you talking about a m-16?

The M-4 i fired didnt have any spring in the stock. It had some recoil. When we bought ammo its was .223. Maybe im confusing it with a .022??? :confused: (The other smaller rifle we were shooting.) I'm no gun expert. You guys tell me. mm .cal whatever..lol When you said .22 i was think you ment a little pea shooter for some reason.

Never knock on Death's door: ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!
- Matt Frewer
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
George Carlin
When you step on the brakes your life is in your foot's hands.
George Carlin
Old 01-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Thread TERRORIST

Originally Posted by 98DOHC
Are you talking about a m-16?

The M-4 i fired didnt have any spring in the stock. It had some recoil. When we bought ammo its was .223. Maybe im confusing it with a .022??? :confused: (The other smaller rifle we were shooting.) I'm no gun expert. You guys tell me. mm .cal whatever..lol When you said .22 i was think you ment a little pea shooter for some reason.
22LR is a pea shooter. I can squeeze off 25 rounds semi-auto style and still group them with limited accuracy. Like I asid, I'm just going off of what I've been told by people who have shot both since I've never gotten my hands on military-grade firepower.

Old 01-04-2007, 01:02 PM
NEEDS A COUPE

Yes the old m-16's have a spring in the barrel, ask anyone thats shot them in the prone position the fucking thing goes TWANG in your ear after every shot. As for the 12 ga, our shotguns are a catch 22 great stopping power but i havent see anyone shoot them and not have blood splotes under their skin the next day. The 14" barrel gives a HUGE kick. The funny thing is as soon as your done shooting the course they reload you w/ less than leathal ammo and run you through the same course of fire again. Only problem is the fucking thing kicks like a daisy air rifle. I love to watch new people shoot it cause you see them tense up and throw themselves into the gun anticipateing the shot then its like pfft. Everyone laughs, plus you can tell who's anticipateing the shot!!!!!