The Ford Forum Lounge Off Topic Group for Ford Forum Members or other regulars. Keep it work safe please. No tech posts.

Who knows about Go-Karts?

Old 12-27-2009, 04:43 AM
Project Fobra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stealth Mode
I have a 16HP Briggs 'n' Stratton when she's ready to go fast! My brother built a couple of the small stroker Honda engines for his boss's kid. Some of those Jr. Dragsters are faster than "built" Hon... Oops, I mean certain cars

You can get the master links from any mower shop. With that type of engine thats were most of you're shopping is gonna be unless she really wants to get into it. Then you might wanna look up the Phantom series shifter karts. My nephew races one and them lil basterds are fast! Dangerous, but uber fun!
Well, keep me in mind before you get rid of that motor. How much would you want for it if we decided to get it from ya? It will be a while tho. The latest rumor for work is layoffs in the first quarter 2010.. so after that at a minimum if I am still employed.

I've seen those shifter karts and those can get really expensive too! One step at the time I guess!

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 12-27-2009, 04:51 AM
Project Fobra

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
Albritton Racing is the name. I used to get all my yard cart parts from them. Also down on 301 just south of Bloomingdale is George's mower Servie. He stocks everything for small engines
Thanks Matt, I will definitely try to get by there and talk with them.

Originally Posted by Tiffiny
northern tool in tampa has alot of stuff for them also

Originally Posted by StangItMan
Garden Grove Lawnmower ... off Cypress Garden Blvd. before Hwy.27 in Winterhaven

BTW - have an extra engine stashed somewhere out here --- clean and starts right up!
Thanks for the heads up I will check them out too. I remember years ago I had taken the differential out of my 8.8 from my '90 coupe and carried it up to a kart shop in Winterhaven where this guy apparently rebuilt them, and he added new clutches etc for like 50 bucks. I had forgotten where it was or what the name was. I wonder if this is it. That was probably around '95 or so.

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 12-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Bondsman

Originally Posted by Adrenalin
Thanks Matt
Tommy
Old 12-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Project Fobra

Yeah, that's what I said, Tommy!

...Who's Matt Larue then?

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 12-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Still CREEPIN

His mechanic...

$65 for the engine, has 90HRS on it, starts right up. Also have a 25.5hp engine from a Dixie Chopper, but im sure thats waaaay down the road for her. $100 if the want the stroker crank with it. I'll install the crank, new Babbit bearings, and gaskets in front of ya. Lil engines are tons of fun to work on.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Last edited by Stealth Mode; 12-27-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Still CREEPIN

I've seen those shifter karts and those can get really expensive!

Check out the Phantom series if you're looking to buy new and not break the bank. Sometimes if you look hard enough you can find em for about $600 with the 5.5 Honda stroker engines. They easily pull 50-65mph at EastBay Raceway's small karting track.

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME

Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
Bondsman

...Who's Matt Larue then?
He is the owner of ProFab
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM

I don't think many on this site leave much stock!
+1 on that,I have been thinking about upgrading my 3 year old power wheels from 6v to 12v to make it faster
Old 12-29-2009, 09:05 AM
Project Fobra

Originally Posted by Stealth Mode
Check out the Phantom series if you're looking to buy new and not break the bank. Sometimes if you look hard enough you can find em for about $600 with the 5.5 Honda stroker engines. They easily pull 50-65mph at EastBay Raceway's small karting track.
Thanks, btw I will prolly take you up on your offer as soon as I can.

Originally Posted by GNs-r-slow
He is the owner of ProFab
Ahh, gotcha. Thanks Matt!

Originally Posted by chevy eater
+1 on that,I have been thinking about upgrading my 3 year old power wheels from 6v to 12v to make it faster

Click - FQuick
flickr
Old 12-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Still CREEPIN

Originally Posted by chevy eater

Im not sure if you're serious or not, but that can be done. My 20 month old nephew got a Bigfoot for xmas, first thing my brother did was thicken up the wire, and toss his Dyna-Batt 12V from the racecar in it. It does make a diff.. Just be ready when it takes off across the yard faster than you're legs can move

TurboRAM Member #5
24psi & Stable
GET SOME